What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Joey Weed's C99?

GoatCheese

Veteran
Good news about HD.

Question for you C99 growers. Does allowing the plant to flower longer tame/mellow the high/effect.

I grew C99 in the past an the raciness was not my cup of tea but I grew only the seed plant an one round with clones.

Any help appreciated.
Yea, it will take some of the racy edge away and make the smoke abit more stoney, but because the genetics are what they are (Haze, Skunk) flowering them longer won't take away all of the racy-effect. I would think C99 will still feel somewhat over powering even if you'd flower her longer.

I suggest you take your Cindy to 50% amber trichs and see how she feels.
...flowering plants really, really long will have negative effects on taste/aroma.

HeriMarry

Yea, it will take some of the racy edge away and make the smoke abit more stoney, but because the genetics are what they are (Haze, Skunk) flowering them longer won't take away all of the racy-effect. I would think C99 will still feel somewhat over powering even if you'd flower her longer.

I suggest you take your Cindy to 50% amber trichs and see how she feels.
...flowering plants really, really long will have negative effects on taste/aroma.

Thanks for the info. I just got some Apollo XX an I was going to search through those first.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grew out a C-99 and got the grapefruit pheno near as I can tell. Took about 1 hit or two small ones and got pretty buzzed. Potent for sure.

Up up and away! Not very relaxing but I did manage to just chill out. After 10 minutes it started to build and get a bit racy, had a minute of some unease I guess. Will take your mind off your mundane problems. Quite visual almost distortions which I think would happen if I smoked a good amount.

Took this one down without any amber resin showing so it really gave the sativa effect. Comedown was gentle and no crash. Wondering if the pineapple pheno differs in effect. Will keep growing it till I get the pineapple pheno to compare.

Smoked a bit more a second time. Internal dialogue stopped for a half hour or the peak first phase of the high. Very disconnected with things in general but able to function fine. Would recommend for depression I think. Gets you up and out of the rut. Out there but still have enough going on mentally to deal with things. No crash again just fades out.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Thanks for the detailed description of the grapefruit pheno, yesum - it sounds similar to the original grapefruit pheno clone I once had. Although I didn't have the pineapple pheno, the grower I got the grapefruit pheno clone from gave me some to smoke. I found the effect to be the same as the grapefruit pheno, except the pineapple pheno was slightly more potent.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Grew out a C-99 and got the grapefruit pheno near as I can tell. Took about 1 hit or two small ones and got pretty buzzed. Potent for sure.

Up up and away! Not very relaxing but I did manage to just chill out. After 10 minutes it started to build and get a bit racy, had a minute of some unease I guess. Will take your mind off your mundane problems. Quite visual almost distortions which I think would happen if I smoked a good amount.

Took this one down without any amber resin showing so it really gave the sativa effect. Comedown was gentle and no crash. Wondering if the pineapple pheno differs in effect. Will keep growing it till I get the pineapple pheno to compare.

Smoked a bit more a second time. Internal dialogue stopped for a half hour or the peak first phase of the high. Very disconnected with things in general but able to function fine. Would recommend for depression I think. Gets you up and out of the rut. Out there but still have enough going on mentally to deal with things. No crash again just fades out.

Good review. Sound like nice smoke. Do you mind me asking what your smoking habits are. Such as what else have you been smoking lately and are you an all day smoker or just a little? Notice any tolerance build up or does it keep up the effects of the first few?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a light smoker and just sativa^^ Toked again and no tolerance yet. Pretty chill smoke so far. Two hits and faded nicely.

Crazy Chester

Good question, bigtacofarmer. One of the things that made my original circa 2000 Brothers Grimm C99 grapefruit pheno special was that it was the only weed that I didn't work up a tolerance to. It hit the same every time for many years. I'd hit it and be high for a solid three hours. Hit it again and be high for another solid three hours.

vajra

I have four C99 females from Joey Weed that I just ordered from HD a few months ago. They are at day 47 and I am astonished at the speed of growth and the size of the buds.

Sometimes I detect grapefruit, and sometimes I think I may be picking up a pineapple scent, but I am not sure. One thing I can be sure of: this plant yields like no other in this short time.

One question: They are maturing so quickly, with the lower leaves turning yellow/brown (they have been well fed) but virtually none of the pistils have turned, the buds are huge and dense, nut the pistils are fresh and white. I imagine they will be ready in a week or 10 days, but should I wait until the pistils have turned?

I will get some pictures up when I can. For now, I am very impressed with this f2 batch from JW. Also, they are uniform. I had 9/10 germination, and they look almost identical, with one being particularly heavy.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I have four C99 females from Joey Weed that I just ordered from HD a few months ago. They are at day 47 and I am astonished at the speed of growth and the size of the buds.

Sometimes I detect grapefruit, and sometimes I think I may be picking up a pineapple scent, but I am not sure. One thing I can be sure of: this plant yields like no other in this short time.

One question: They are maturing so quickly, with the lower leaves turning yellow/brown (they have been well fed) but virtually none of the pistils have turned, the buds are huge and dense, nut the pistils are fresh and white. I imagine they will be ready in a week or 10 days, but should I wait until the pistils have turned?

I will get some pictures up when I can. For now, I am very impressed with this f2 batch from JW. Also, they are uniform. I had 9/10 germination, and they look almost identical, with one being particularly heavy.
I like this question vjara, I started 5 JW C99s, 2 were duds, the other 3 gave 2 boys and a girl. The girl will be going in the tent ina couple weeks. I've not grown here before but most say that shes ready in 50 days.... let me/us know how she does for you.

EDIT: and i must say, yes, they were all almost identical.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
HomeGrownSativa, I would say that plant is the white widow x thai cross that you listed as a possibility

I haven't grown JW c99 yet. I did grow the brothers Grimm new release and I didn't get anything that resembles the pictures in this thread.

Skunkenstein

This is the offspring of my Joey weed Cindy Pineapple pheno(ran for years) crossed with KOS Cindy males...This particular plant was largest Cinderella ive ever run...did not have the Can of Dole Pineapple smell tho...fruitpunch'y. Grown from Seed...7.5 oz dryed/cured...10 gallon container

Attachments

• 20181231_102156.jpg
    20181231_102156.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 13

Happy Times

This is the offspring of my Joey weed Cindy Pineapple pheno(ran for years) crossed with KOS Cindy males...This particular plant was largest Cinderella ive ever run...did not have the Can of Dole Pineapple smell tho...fruitpunch'y. Grown from Seed...7.5 oz dryed/cured...10 gallon container

Looks like a big yielding Cindy there

Oregonism

I like this question vjara, I started 5 JW C99s, 2 were duds, the other 3 gave 2 boys and a girl. The girl will be going in the tent ina couple weeks. I've not grown here before but most say that shes ready in 50 days.... let me/us know how she does for you.

EDIT: and i must say, yes, they were all almost identical.

Hey snook, I cant seem to send you a PM? Easily finishes around 50. Taking down around 45, reduces potency, but in sweet phenos, the terps are LAF, ultimate day smoke when in the mood. Taking later then 50 makes it mildly lethargic.
I pick this plant because of the NL background, I get rain a lot towards the end of years and need a tough gal. I remember BOG being quoted one time that NL, "was the antifreeze of the North", and extremely weather hardy.

Not sure how much, that last bit helps, considering your locale, but she is definitely a consistent early finisher, with seemingly little drawbacks, it never seems to suffer yield or potency!

Crazy Chester

Hi, IntotheGreen, I saw that some of the C99s you grew ended up getting mold. I remember I could hardly ever get my original issue Bros Grimm C99 clone to finish outdoors due to its mold susceptibility. If it rained for a couple days straight during the last month of flower, the plant would just mold up. On the other hand, when there was no rain in the last month of flower, it was outstanding! For C99s like the original, anything over 60% humidity over the course of a few days and there will be a high probability of mold. That's just another characteristic that tends to prove Joey Weed's C99 is the closest one can get to original issue Bros Grimm C99 nowadays.

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Always wanted to get some of Joey's gear but always heard how HDepot liked to screw US buyer and now only ship within cannada.

I'm in florida and have used them for many years.. BS on both counts.

That’s true. Going through the mail packages get tossed sometimes. I don’t think the concern is seeds though.

If something when missing during delivery that’s brutal, but it happens. If you have a tracking number and it goes missing that’s even worse.

If you paid for packages that go missing from any seeedbankk and/or Breedeer let them know. They will appreciate the feedback.:huggg: