What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Munson

Boba tea. not liking low 30 nights but shes tough

Attachments

• 8B491F08-9A4D-4EC3-972D-976182558BF1.jpg
    8B491F08-9A4D-4EC3-972D-976182558BF1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 20
  • 2E544BA7-6EA8-4429-8137-836BAB046849.jpg
    2E544BA7-6EA8-4429-8137-836BAB046849.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 26
  • C6DC3C6C-C6C1-417D-971D-E7C0793CED8F.jpg
    C6DC3C6C-C6C1-417D-971D-E7C0793CED8F.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 23

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
few years back outdoor garden Amsterdam/Holland
left side a male autoflowering apple pie ( old seeds of Acapulco Gold X Highland Nepalese) looks gold in real life .
right side more dark green angola red#2 that aslo show autoflowering tendenties
very nice to have thise pure sativa,s lucky to find autoflowers in thise lines and breed with them for noordic outdoor sativa growers
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Beautiful Sage ThaBliss. How far did you inbreed it?
O.K., so to some, I'm greatly exaggerating when using the term "breed". Due to plant number limitations, I do less than a third classic Mendelian chi square line breeding. I use a lot of backcrossing and cousin breeding. There is a lot of cousin-cousin, aunt-nephew or uncle-niece babies being produced.

For example, the new seeds forming in the plant pictured above are from a selected brother (line breeding). However, I saved a cutting of the father of that pictured plant. It expressed narrow, long, sativa leaves that neither of it's parents had. I believed the sativa traits combined mostly from the Purple Zacatecas ancestor of SAGE, and the Congolese ancestor of Bangi Haze. I'm gratified that the glowing violet color from what must have been the Purple Zacatecas ancestor is showing in it's children because this reinforces my observations.

I plan on using that same male, which was early ripening, to pollinate some S.E. Asian genetics I acquired. This will not be enough to make that outcross early enough to ripen at my latitude. So I will likely take those F1 plants and breed them to the F2 children of the plant pictured. This will be, in a way, an indirect backcross to the grandfather while bringing cousin lines together. Hahaha. This is always the case from breeding cousins. I'll be reinforcing the SAGE and Bangi Haze genetics at the same time I'm introducing the S.E. Asian genetics.

It's even more complicated than that. The plant in the picture was a direct backcross. SAGE ripened in mid December. Way too late for me. I crossed it to a selected Bangi Haze offspring from stuff I've been breeding for maybe 40 years now. That Bangi Haze offspring was kept as a favorite plant from a F2 generation. I backcrossed the SAGE x Bangi Haze immediately to it's Bangi Haze mother, a true backcross.

This small sample of what I've been doing for 40 years illustrates backcrossing, cousin-cousin, and line breeding. That same Bangi Haze F2 mother is also the mother of the male grandparent. This is a hell of a lot of inbreeding with only the occasional line breeding to sisters and brothers. I'm getting a lot of not so surprising consistency of traits without much classic line breeding. I did let go of the Bangi Haze F2 mother cut. Traits I like seem to have been thoroughly fixed and I don't want to risk bottlenecking the genetics too much.

I don't know if I could follow this explanation if I didn't live it. LOL.

ThaiBliss

Breadwizard

Always interesting to hear how people go about breeding with smaller plant counts, thanks for the glimpse into your brain. Plants look great, loooove the color and leaf shape on the sageified bangi wicked weeds.

LostTribe

Premium user
wow looking fantastic!
Zamal/Meao Thai x Tom Hill Haze ... mouthwatering!
glad you'r found a great THH male... they are amazing tools...
much respect
M.:tiphat:

Whats up with the Zamal/Meo Thai? So it isn't Zamadelica? No Malawi?