What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

shithawk420

Veteran
You know you live in the country when you see or hear a car and wonder "what the hell are they doing way out here!"

I live so far in the country.....my driveway is over 1/4 of a mile ......nearest town to shop is 25 miles....a 4x4 is a necessity, we have 3.....my parents say I live so far out in the sticks that I have to pump in my sunshine.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or you have 2 of eveything (pump parts, vehicles, well stocked pantry) in case one breaks down or you run out. 15 miles to a grocery store? A mere commute...try 42 mi!! Of course, been there done, that.

Recall the stars being so amazing!

.....back in semi-rural. Kind of like near by city conveniences.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if.....

On a hot summer day, you work in your vegetable garden wearing nothing but boots and a straw hat...
And your vegetable garden is in the front yard..:biggrin:

kaochiu

Veteran

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 16

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran

Your friends tell you they're going on a short vacation, and ask if you'll come over each day to feed their cats......

and their chickens.... and their rabbits..... and their horses..........

armedoldhippy

Veteran

Your friends tell you they're going on a short vacation, and ask if you'll come over each day to feed their cats......

and their chickens.... and their rabbits..... and their horses..........

so long as they don't want you to bean their horse...:biggrin:

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know you live in the country if your neighbor drives their tractor down the road- and rides their horse, and their riding lawnmower, and sometimes their quad to check the mail.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
when you don't have phone lines and cell phones don't work...satellite phones were my only option in rural maine...expensive as hell..cb and ham radio were hit and miss....yeehaw...my cell works here but not at the lake ...

atk7

when you don't have phone lines and cell phones don't work...satellite phones were my only option in rural maine...expensive as hell..cb and ham radio were hit and miss....yeehaw...my cell works here but not at the lake ...

That is my idea of the right place to be. Barely get cell service and that is it as far as intrusions from outside world. :biggrin:

RckyMtRdnk

You know you live on the country when you're neighbor damn near cuts their foot off with a chainsaw and you finally get signal to dial 911 just to hear them say you have to meet them 3 1/2 miles away at the end of your driveway. 911 won't come to my house, even with chainsaw wounds bound with a tourniquet. Driveway looks like a jeep commercial.

LEF

Veteran
Chances are you live in the country if you know a couple people who make moonshine

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When ya can go hiking nekkid as a jay bird!

When gunshots can be heard coming from random directions at random times.

When ya ask a friend to come over & hike around the 100s to 1000s of square miles you refer to as "the back yard."

Latest posts

Latest posts