What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHOgart Extractor Thread

tommyl

One critical point not addressed in the directions real well was the fact that the amount of butane, or how far down you recover seems to affect the size of the end muffin that is baked. stopping at around -10 hg leaves a little butane in the mix and bakes a larger more golden muffin. going all the way to -25 to 30 did not work so well for me

Hash Man

One critical point not addressed in the directions real well was the fact that the amount of butane, or how far down you recover seems to affect the size of the end muffin that is baked. stopping at around -10 hg leaves a little butane in the mix and bakes a larger more golden muffin. going all the way to -25 to 30 did not work so well for me

Im going to try -10 next time. I have noticed a darker extract when i hit -22 to -24 now that u mention it. The appion g5 twin isnt supposed to go under -22hg fwiw.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We get light extracts at -22, but butane does blow up a bigger muffin than C02. Here is an 85F extract to -22F.

Attachments

• 85F extraction-1-1.jpg
    85F extraction-1-1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 18

furrywall11

Yeah, the instructions say you're not supposed to go passed -22 because the G5 doesn't like to run dry also dude sez it gives your extract a brown sugar consistency idk if that's necessarily a bad thing - you could always liquify with heat and then do your thing? for me -10hg leaves about 5 cans of butane mixed in with the extract so i can easily pour it into my pyrex, -15 is like motor oil that can be spooned in, and -22 is a nice 'dried out' oil. i usually go for -15 because of time issues. that last 5hg takes 30 minutes or so....

my extractor gets iced over.. i'm experimenting with heat guns and an omega chemical resistant heating pad.

here's a random ? - do you think %8-10 is a respectable yield for outdoor sugar trim with buds mixed in?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, the instructions say you're not supposed to go passed -22 because the G5 doesn't like to run dry also dude sez it gives your extract a brown sugar consistency idk if that's necessarily a bad thing - you could always liquify with heat and then do your thing? for me -10hg leaves about 5 cans of butane mixed in with the extract so i can easily pour it into my pyrex, -15 is like motor oil that can be spooned in, and -22 is a nice 'dried out' oil. i usually go for -15 because of time issues. that last 5hg takes 30 minutes or so....

my extractor gets iced over.. i'm experimenting with heat guns and an omega chemical resistant heating pad.

here's a random ? - do you think %8-10 is a respectable yield for outdoor sugar trim with buds mixed in?

In the ball park. We average around 10/12% and trim can be all over the place.

stevebeast

How did you manage to get a hold of Bhogart? I am really interested in getting one, I got no response from the email or phone on their website.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
so whats the verdict? I thinking about ordering the 2.5 lb unit.. Any critiques of the system? Tips? How did you order and how fast was delivery? Is the collection chamber big enough? Easy to use? Thanks!!

tommyl

the systems work great and i got my extractor within a week of ordering. i think he said the 2.5lb collection pot was 10x12

Lebniis

From my experience around MkIII the bhogart extractors have a major flaw. The flaw is that there is no vent tube which prevents the butane liquid from flowing into the collection pot efficiently leaving oil trapped in the column. That and it being top fed is a downside compared to MkIII.

Not to say the Bhogart isn't going to work, but the MkIII design will produce higher yields.

tommyl

a vent tube?? how would a vent tube be relevant to this design? Lebniis you sure you know what your talking about ?? why don't you logically explain your ideas so we can all learn. All the real expensive extractors like emo-tek labs and others from colorado are all top fed units like bhogart. are they flawed as well ?

Lebniis

I wasn't replying like I think I am all high and mighty, it was my 2 cents from my experiences with running a very similar unit to the BHOgart. I've studied the MKIII extensively, and checked out what info there is available on the BHOgart extractors.

The 'vent tube' which is the tube on the MKIII that connects between the top of the column and the top lid of the collection pot. The vent tube equalizes the pressure/ vacuum between the collection pot and column. This helps on the MKIII when you are dumping the column, otherwise the pressure in the column will keep some of the oils suspended in the column and prevent them from flowing into the collection pot. When the vent tube is open the pressure releases and the oils flow into the collection pot with atmosphere being pulled up through vent tube and into the top of the column.

The BHOgart seemingly could overcome this problem by having to do more floods on the column, with ultimately some oil stuck in the column because the only thing to push it through is the flooding of butane and the only thing to pull it into the collection pot is the recovery pump.

Latest posts

Latest posts