What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bho Disasters (PLEASE READ!)

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...auses-explosion-burning-himself-roommate.html

Updated: November 7, 2013 4:40PM

A South Loop man trying to extract hash oil from his marijuana stash caused an explosion in his apartment this week, causing minor burns to himself and second-degree burns to his roommate, authorities said.
Daniel Tatman’s experiment in his bathroom late Tuesday night also caused roughly $20,000 in damages to his seventh floor unit, according to Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney Lorraine Scaduto.

jump117

Veteran
Daniel Tatman’s experiment in his bathroom

On his website, Tatman describes himself as an “adrenaline junky, trying to push the limits with whatever I work at.”

In my opinion, from what was said it follows that the ambitious moron quite consciously took the risk and decided to push the limits of his bathroom in search of adrenaline for self-satisfaction.

Last summer in our area there was a spectacular incident. That time the liquid gas also could not withstand the bravery of an ambitious idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ZXOLbFD6M (8:43)

Coming from someone who has worked in a chemistry lab, working with gases is dangerous. They behave differently than solids and liquids therefore people with little understanding or respect for this put themselves in grave danger. I've done several poor mans extractions and was really thinking about getting some nice glassware to perform some more quality extractions, but fuck it. It's just not worth it. Where I'm from people cry for bho at $20-$30/g. I don't smoke much bho and it's not worth the risk for those prices. You'd have to pay me a lot to do another extraction and I'd like to think that I know what I'm doing. I guess I do when I say no to making bho.

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_24543564/colorado-fire-officials-fear-
explosion-marijuana-oil-production

When the white clapboard house in the tiny northern Colorado town of Carr went kaboom, the roof lifted off the top.

The chimney fell over. Windows blew out. Three people went to a hospital. Rarely before has Colorado's explosion of interest in marijuana been demonstrated so literally.

A boy injured in the explosion said two men in the house were attempting to make "oil that you use to smoke weed," according to investigators. That makes the blast one of several to have occurred around the state in recent years by people manufacturing marijuana hash oil at home. The process often involves highly flammable chemicals, considerable risk and, as the Carr explosion shows, uncertain legality. Three people have been charged with felonies.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Federal hash lab case moves forward: Eureka man faces 30 years for explosion that bur

Federal hash lab case moves forward: Eureka man faces 30 years for explosion that bur

Another burnt child. This is a disgrace. STOP ALREADY !

------------

Federal hash lab case moves forward: Eureka man faces 30 years for explosion that burned son

Thadeus Greenson/The Times-Standard
POSTED: 10/23/2013 02:08:14 AM PDT | UPDATED: 4 DAYS AGO

A Eureka man faces up to 30 years in federal prison for his involvement in an alleged hash lab explosion that severely burned his 2-year-old son.

Logan Hughes, 21, was scheduled to appear in San Francisco's federal courthouse Tuesday for a status conference in the case but what, if anything, happened was unclear as of the Times-Standard's deadline.

Hughes has pleaded not guilty to charges of manufacturing hash oil with intent to distribute, and endangering life while manufacturing a controlled substance, and is being held without bail after a judge denied his release last week.

Hughes and Andrea Marie Ruiz-Guerrero, 18, were arrested on Aug. 3 on suspicion of child endangerment a day after their apartment on the 1100 block of Searles Street exploded, leaving their toddler son with first- and second-degree burns on his face, back, arms and legs.

The boy was airlifted to Shriners Hospital in Sacramento for treatment. The Times-Standard has been unable to get an update on his status.

Ruiz-Guerrero and Hughes were treated for burns to their hands and arms at St. Joseph Hospital, but officials said their injuries were far less extensive than those suffered by their son.

Authorities said they found evidence in the apartment indicating Hughes and Ruiz-Guerrero were using butane to extract hash oil from marijuana.

”There was no evidence of a structure fire,” Humboldt Bay Fire Battalion Chief Ken Hulbert. “The skylight in the kitchen was blown off its mount, so there is a hole in the roof now.”

Hulbert said the force of the explosion also blew out a window and its screen, leaving shattered glass and scorch marks in the apartment.

Last month, a Humboldt County judge determined there was enough evidence to hold Hughes and Ruiz-Guerrero to stand trial on charges of felony child endangerment. Hughes was indicted federally late last month.

While Hughes faced a maximum penalty of 12 years in state prison if convicted locally, he faces 30 years if convicted in the federal case, as well as a fine of up to $250,000.

Ruiz-Guerrero was not indicted federally and is scheduled to stand trial in the local case in November.

http://www.times-standard.com/localnews/ci_24368325/federal-hash-lab-case-moves-forward-eureka-man

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.fireengineering.com/arti...duction-concerns-colorado-fire-officials.html

Fire officials across Colorado say they are concerned the state's new laws on marijuana will lead to more incidents of explosions from marijuana oil production, reports The Denver Post.

"We don't encourage such a process," said Patrick Love, a spokesman for the Poudre Fire Authority, which has handled at least two explosions or fires related to hash oil production. "It not only endangers the person who's making it, but it could also endanger their neighbors."
Even marijuana advocates say at-home production of hash oil should be approached cautiously -- though they believe authorities' fears of a house-explosion epidemic are overstated.
"You're using potentially dangerous chemicals," said Brian Vicente, one of the authors of Amendment 64, Colorado's marijuana legalization law.
Hash oil is gloopy, concentrated marijuana -- think of it like pot jelly -- and its main appeal is its potency. Concoctions can be more than 75 percent THC, the psychoactive chemical in marijuana, and users describe single hits of hash oil like smoking an entire joint all at once.
To make it, do-it-yourselfers typically pack marijuana into a slender pipe, then blow compressed butane gas through the pipe. The danger comes from the resulting butane fumes that float around the room. The less ventilated the space, the more dangerous it is.
"If there's any ignition source anywhere near it, like a pilot light, then you have problems," said Bill Maron, an investigator with West Metro Fire Rescue.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Hash oil causes home to burn down

Posted: Oct 23, 2013 5:23 PM by Cameron Polom, KSBY News Lompoc, CA
Updated

Her house went up in flames, and now she's accused of making illegal drugs, but Kathy Smith says she did nothing wrong.

The home on East Airport Avenue in Lompoc burned to the ground on Tuesday.

Investigators say the fire was caused by a resident making hash oil from marijuana.

Clyde Smith was arrested at the scene. His mother, Kathy, says she was washing dishes while Clyde was using butane to extract hash oil from marijuana. She says the butane bottle suddenly burst into flames and quickly spread throughout the home.

"I've never seen a house go up in five minutes," she said.

Smith spent the day Wednesday collecting what's left of her possessions, but because of the damage the fire caused, there isn't much.

"All my great-grandmother's stuff is gone, all my grandmother's stuff is gone, pictures are gone," said Smith.

Fire investigator Steve Terrones says evidence found at the fire points to the making of hash oil as the cause.

Smith says she and her son, who was making the oil, have a medical marijuana prescription. However, making hash oil in the state of California, medical prescription or not, is illegal.

"What they found was a large amount of marijuana in the area, in the residence but also a number of butane bottles," said Captain Steve Terrones.

Hash oil is a form of concentrated THC extracted from marijuana using a type of holding container, butane, and marijuana trimmings.

"It's an extremely dangerous process. They're using the butane to force the oils out and what happens is the butane just goes through the device and now it's floating around, it's a little heavier than air," explained Terrones.

He says once the butane is in the air, all it takes is a simple ignition source to start a fire.

"It could be electrical arching, a lit cigarette," said Terrones.

Kathy says she's thankful neither she nor her 28-year old son were hurt, but she may still find herself voicing her side of the story in court.

Clyde Smith was arrested on a charge of manufacturing a controlled substance. Kathy Smith has not been charged with a crime.

When KSBY asked her to show us her medical marijuana license, she said she didn't know where it was.

Damage to the home is estimated at around $100,000.

http://www.ksby.com/news/hash-oil-causes-home-to-burn-down/

jump /injack

Veteran
http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/2396569-12/man-injured-after-butane-hash-oil-fire-in.html

A man was seriously injured in Radford Wednesday night after a suspected butane hash oil lab ignited an explosion and house fire, according to a news release from Radford spokeswoman Jenni Wilder.
Radford police and Fire Department crews were called to the 300 block of Fourth Avenue at 11:13 p.m. in reference to a structure fire. Upon arrival, officers saw smoke coming from a house and went inside to find it coming from the kitchen, according to the release.
The release said during the clearing of the house, an officer noticed numerous cans of butane lying on the floor of the kitchen and drug paraphernalia in two bedrooms.
The preliminary investigation revealed a butane hash oil lab ignited and caused an explosion and subsequent fire that was extinguished by the Radford Fire Department, the release said. Butane hash oil, often called BHO or "honey oil," is a potent marijuana concentrate that has become more prevalent in the past few years.

[Another idiot doing it inside]

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just feel bad for the people inside who werent involved that have been burned or killed. I love waxes and oils, but id never risk friends, family or pets for anything. Thats why id never blast indoors and id never have a room without proper electrical wiring. Ill pay for professional work so i can be worry and fire free. People who push those limits deserve to learn the hard way, the families and friends dont..

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Ok guys, I guess I have to come clean.

I have never actually blasted any erl before - never made any BHO
:(
Never been to jail.
Never smoked Spice or used any hard drugs (well I did shrooms once)
I've never even grown any pot before.
All the pics I post I just find on the internet, sorry if anyone feels like I am stealing your images. Please email me and I will take them down.

I am also only 20 (but I'm turning 21 next month)

I just wanted to fit in with all of you.

You are all seem really really cool and I felt like I had to make up something just to fit in...

I'm really sorry about all this.

Hope you understand.

ceosam

I just feel bad for the people inside who werent involved that have been burned or killed. I love waxes and oils, but id never risk friends, family or pets for anything. Thats why id never blast indoors and id never have a room without proper electrical wiring. Ill pay for professional work so i can be worry and fire free. People who push those limits deserve to learn the hard way, the families and friends dont..

wish more growers thought like this... those who dont are making us look bad

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok guys, I guess I have to come clean.

I have never actually blasted any erl before - never made any BHO
:(
Never been to jail.
Never smoked Spice or used any hard drugs (well I did shrooms once)
I've never even grown any pot before.
All the pics I post I just find on the internet, sorry if anyone feels like I am stealing your images. Please email me and I will take them down.

I am also only 20 (but I'm turning 21 next month)

I just wanted to fit in with all of you.

You are all seem really really cool and I felt like I had to make up something just to fit in...

I'm really sorry about all this.

Hope you understand.
Wtf?

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Grove City Man Arrested After Drug Operation Leads To Explosion
Posted: Nov 21, 2013 2:09 PM PST
Updated: Nov 21, 2013 2:10 PM PST

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/24037572/grove-city-man-arrested-after

GROVE CITY, Ohio -
A man was arrested Thursday after an explosion in a Grove City townhouse earlier this week.

According to Grove City police, the explosion occurred at a townhome on Walden Bluff Court at about 2 p.m. Sunday.

Police said the resident, William D. Lawrence, 30, admitted to using butane gas to produce hash oil to investigators, which exploded in his freezer after it was ignited by sparks from an unknown source.

Police say that they found a marijuana grow operation in Lawrence's basement that included 15 plants. They reportedly also found 10 pounds of packaged marijuana, hallucinogenic drugs, 14 guns and DVDs and books on cultivating marijuana.

He has been charged with two felony counts of illegal manufacture of drugs and two felony counts of drug possession.

Another man was in the home at the time of the explosion, but he was not arrested.

No injuries were reported.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Pot Lab Suspected in Capo Beach Garage Explosion

A noon blast blew a garage door through an alley and injured one, killing a bulldog inside a Capo Beach home.

Peter Schelden (Editor) , November 06, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Investigators think a THC extraction lab may have caused the garage explosion that seriously injured one man in Capo Beach around noon Tuesday.

A 31-year-old man was hospitalized with serious injuries and a bulldog was killed by the blast on the 26800 block of Vista Del Mar.

Witnesses said the explosion blew a fireball into the air and caused a concussive blast, knocking windows off of neighboring houses and blowing the garage door through the neighbor's chain link fence. See photos, above.

While searching for other possible explosives, Orange County ProAct investigators found preliminary evidence of THC extraction, used to make hashish and oils of concentrated marijuana, Orange County Sheriff's Dept. Lt. Jeff Hallock said.

Butane is used in the process, Hallock said. Earlier reports indicated butane and propane were present and that the family impacted owned a catering company.

Nearby residents were evacuated. A single-story house, an attached studio apartment and two other nearby apartments were damaged, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi said.

The fire was under control by 12:47 p.m., he said, but was still smoldering at 4 p.m.

The Red Cross is assisting five displaced families, Concialdi said.

It is unknown whether the injured man lived at the residence, Hallock said.

http://lagunaniguel-danapoint.patch...plosion-bomb-squad-firefighters-investigating

LilMan72003

High quality, well cured bubble hash can be 'grated' into a consistency fit for dabbing. I don't care how careful you are, BHO just isn't worth it.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Man injured after butane hash oil fire in Radford

and another...

byTIFFANY HOLLAND | 981-3264
Thursday, November 21, 2013

A man was seriously injured in Radford Wednesday night after a suspected butane hash oil lab ignited an explosion and house fire, according to a news release from Radford spokeswoman Jenni Wilder.

Radford police and Fire Department crews were called to the 300 block of Fourth Avenue at 11:13 p.m. in reference to a structure fire. Upon arrival, officers saw smoke coming from a house and went inside to find it coming from the kitchen, according to the release.

The release said during the clearing of the house, an officer noticed numerous cans of butane lying on the floor of the kitchen and drug paraphernalia in two bedrooms.

The preliminary investigation revealed a butane hash oil lab ignited and caused an explosion and subsequent fire that was extinguished by the Radford Fire Department, the release said. Butane hash oil, often called BHO or "honey oil," is a potent marijuana concentrate that has become more prevalent in the past few years.

According to the release, four people were removed from the house, including a 20-year-old man with severe burns who was taken to New River Valley Medical Center and later flown to the burn unit at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. His condition is unknown at this time.

On Thursday, the Claytor Lake Regional Drug Task Force executed a search warrant at the house.

The release said the case is still under investigation. Radford police are not yet releasing names, and no one has been charged at this point.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/2396569-12/man-injured-after-butane-hash-oil-fire-in.html

Latest posts

Latest posts