What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kratom Now an Opioid, FDA Says

Easy7

Veteran
No but I can grow opium poppies and do that.

My dick can stimulate opiates receptors, let's make all dicks illegal. I hear exercise can stimulate opiate receptors. Let's make running illegal. It's cost how many people health problems? I swear a lot of really healthy athletic people get cancer and have joint issues.

How many people have to have heart attacks shoveling snow before we ban snow shovels? Out there, there is a kid beating another person with a snow shovel. Maybe even banging himself with it.

Cannabis used to grow in my state, They eradicated it. What's next? We gonna eradicate sassafrases and skunk cabbage because they are mildly drugs? It's like during prohibition freaking wheat and sugar were controlled substances.
How retarded is that?

Now kids cannot tell a difference between a leaf and a hardcore synthetic opiate that a mg is enough to kill 10 people.

igrowone

Veteran
and i see a recent study that alcohol affects the human endocannabinoid system
damn, no help for that i guess, another prohibition needs doing
and coffee drinkers? we're coming for you next

Gry

The deck stackers are big on getting rid of unneeded rules and regulations for corporations.
They have no qualms at all in imposing additional regulations on people.

brown_thumb

The deck stackers are big on getting rid of unneeded rules and regulations for corporations.
They have no qualms at all in imposing additional regulations on people.

Haven't you heard? The SCOTUS declared Corporations are people too. Of course, they're 'special' people with more rights than 'real' people.

It's complete bullshit that you can die from kratom. Any death is a result from combining it with alcohol, benzo, or other depressant. I proved this by taking 28 grams of 50x Kratom extract while under the supervision of a nurse. I was severely nauseated, extremely motion sick, puked my ass off for hours, but my blood pressure, heart rate and respiration were never affected.

Gry

After reading that, I realize I really do have some floor dry to sift for my ppk.
Prior to reading that I had no intent to sift the damn stuff today.
Now I am looking forward to it.

Easy7

Veteran
They almost always say some shit about 'the children' or some shit like that. Like what made salvia illegal.

Things aren't event that bad and they blow it up to be the new anti christ. For one, kratom is EXCELLENT at coming off of opiates. Of course they push the strait sober routine with addicts and that works for a few. Most though will relapse and not gain the new 'philosophy'. What does work is a philosophy and practice of plants and mild herbs that don't completely leave a person void and at major risk of overdose death at the slightest relapse.

Ever starve for awhile? You eat WAY TO MUCH when you eat again. It's like that with all desire. Go without sex for a long time and then you bang your brains out when you get some. So when a hard drug user goes without, then tend to really overdo it. Vastly caused by a regained sensitivity to the drugs and thinking their tolerance is still very high, when it's not.

An alcoholic in a relapse doesn't usually just buy one beer.

Gry

Actually suboxone has been the revenue generator for quite a while now.
I would imagine they must have several new product lines targeting
'that' part of the market by now. Bet they won't be cheap.
Being a chronic pain patient for a long time.
Would like to see the Sackler family get 'the Philippine cure' but if there
were any justice in this world, it would not always be the women and kids
out there scraping and wiping pods.
In China, when opium use was at it's peak, the most
prized possession of a refined consumer,
were opium cats.
To say that such creatures would have been treated
divinely, would be a gross understatement.

igrowone

Veteran
Actually suboxone has been the revenue generator for quite a while now.
I would imagine they must have several new product lines targeting
'that' part of the market by now. Bet they won't be cheap.

i have been seeing suboxone adverts in my web browser from time to time
i guess any looking at cannabis sites puts you on the list for buying big pharma's brand
still, i thought that was pretty fucked up, anyone still wondering why there's an opiod epidemic?

Gry

Not sure they ever had any interest in 'healing'. From the inception, Rockefeller medicine aka big pharma has been about generating continuing streams of revenue. They represent the interests of their investors, not those who are ill.

mowood3479

Veteran
3.6 million people prescribed suboxone in the USA alone..
3.6 million at $20 day(minimum)..
Reckit bensicker is pulling in at least 72 million dollars a day on suboxone prescriptions... probably more as most people are prescribed more than one 8mg tablet per day. (16 mg a day being the average dose).

I agree at this point it’s not about medicine it’s about $...
The solution to an opiate problem is not higher powered and longer lasting opiates..
(At least imo)...
suboxone has its place as a treatment option... but putting teenage Johnny on suboxone for life because he took his grammas Vicodin for a few months is criminal imho

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
I agree at this point it’s not about medicine it’s about $...
The solution to an opiate problem is not higher powered and longer lasting opiates..
(At least imo)...

the cycle of history continues
back in the day heroin was introduced as the cure for morphine addiction

Gry

No one ever speaks of giving the Sackler family the 'Duerte treatment'.

The Britannica coverage is as always impressive.
Could not help but notice their timeline ended at 1949.
A politically astute publisher.

mowood3479

Veteran
No one ever speaks of giving the Sackler family the 'Duerte treatment'.

The Britannica coverage is as always impressive.
Could not help but notice their timeline ended at 1949.
A politically astute publisher.

At least I’m not the only one..
Too paranoid too say a thing like that but can’t say I disagree with the premise...

Last edited: