What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MickTheBrag

NL/haze

NL/haze

good question. I grew it 10 years ago and it was a great smoke. the seeds were from a dutch breeder that no longer sells seeds.

so I too wondered whos got the original.

if you've got the money id go for the sensiseeds.com NL/haze. its on my grow list for the future.:tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
original parents were lost. but there are two cuttings from neville´s work floating around: c5 and a5, both old school nlhaze. i would bet that sensi seeds nlhaze fem is one of this cut selfed, but i cant be 100% sure its just guess.:biggrin:

there were cross of c5 x jack herrer by fusion seeds. but not available prolly righ now.

but for sure its not so hard to find nlhaze pheno in SSH.

:tiphat:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Karma & Top Dawg have been working those A5s the past couple years...
Only crosses available so... You know the deal.

Also, I suspect that Chimeras SSS1 (Sweet Skunk S1) might be something worth exploring just based on the history. I don't think it's what it was handed off as.

bigbadbiddy

With regards to the MRN NL5xHaze:

How many did you pop?

Because for all intents and purposes, I would regard that version as closest to "the original".
But MRN is known for not bottlenecking their seedlines. One can have differing opinions on this practice but it means that you have a larger pheno variety in MRN packs than you may be used to from other breeders. That is also one of the reason MRN packs come with 15+ seeds not the usual 12.

So maybe you would simply need to pop some 20-50 seeds to find the right NL5xHaze pheno for yourself.

Sensiseeds hasn't had good feedback for a long time now so I wouldn't consider their offerings.

Outside of that it will most likely only be available in crosses/hybrids...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Go check out the reported history of the SSS1 from Chimera & Cannabis Cowboy.
According to Chi, "it is a haze variant" & "there is no Skunk in Sweet Skunk S1"

Sweet Skunk is the name the variety was passed under, nothing more.

W

wildkender

yes, mns say that all the strains are the originals and same as around 2002, but all who grew them earlier know that these mns strains now not even close to the originals!

DrLongbottom

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

NL5 haze seeds came direct from neville mid 80's, when he had the ad in the back of hightimes.
We call her STU
DLB

bigbadbiddy

Regarding the NL5 from MRN I tend to agree.

I grew NL5 from Nirvana before 2000 and I used to chalk it up to nostalgia but after growing several MRN strains with NL5 in the mix, I would tend to agree that the olden NL5 seems to have packed more of a punch/heavier narcotic effect or however you want to describe it.

My research also led me to believe that the MRN version of NL5 is not exactly the same as it used to be.

There is more info on that at the MRN board itself, they don't sugarcoat stuff like that and are upfront about it.

Again, not exactly sure about the NL5 MRN history but I think it had something to do with the NL1 and NL5 clones that they had and the NL5 had to be remade (new seeds produced) with the NL1 or something (which is why the only "pure" Northern Lights available at MRN currently is the Ortega which is NL1xNL5).

Hermies are also a topic in the whole NL1 and NL5 seedline although I had no real issues with them myself.

Either way seems safe to say that it is not a carbon copy or exactly the same as the NL5 of old.
But I was still under the impression it was closest to it from what is available today.

Cant say anything about Swami (never heard of them), maybe that is it?

This reminds me of my attempts to find a "true" AK47 and Bubblegum. I ended up getting neither and just accepting that what is available today, will only give me what I want if I am ready to pop hundreds of beans and search for "the" pheno.

Latest posts

Latest posts