Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Grow Room Safety > Allergic To Cannabis?! How did this happen...

Thread Title Search
Allergic To Cannabis?! How did this happen... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2017, 06:55 PM #31
getpulse.co

getpulse.co is on a distinguished road
I can assure you that it really is allergies... otherwise he wouldn't get out of trimming duty every damn time!!!
getpulse.co is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 07:00 PM #32
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Cool man... being a fair skinned human my entire life.... I know what sunburn blisters look like... you can take his word... but next time he tries to pull a fast one hand him some sunscreen....
MrBungle is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 08:00 PM #33
aquavitae

aquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enough
absolutely pulse i don’t doubt that your colleague suffers from an lergy, I tried to simultaneously figure out what’s weong with me :p apologies, didn’t want to cause a misunderstanding or offend anyone. definitely can feel you though I love touching and smelling canna so much, i wouls truely consider it a punishment to have allergic reactions to this plant .
aquavitae is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 PM #34
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
I get this, in the U.K. we have a thing called hayfever which means I get streaming eyes, sneezing, runny nose. Being around weed brings out the same symptoms. If I touch the plants I get red welts too

An antihistamine such as loratadine makes it bearable but some strains I just cannot grow
madalasatori is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:18 PM #35
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavitae View Post
damn getpulse that looks uncomfortable :(
honestly i thought when reading the first post i thought
its BS, my bad.
but i also have similar symptoms (strong heatflashes, excessive sweating, face twitches) and
cannot rule it out completely but all of the symptoms mentioned above also occur even during times when im not around cannabis for months or years. what do you think, psychological or an actual allergy? dont have any allergies to my knowledge but who knows really... definitely not as bad as the pic pulse posted. but still annoying.
Other things can cause the same reaction
madalasatori is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2018, 12:48 PM #36
ChemDgMillionre

Location: 1882 Girard St, San Fransisco, CA .. basement apartment.
ChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant futureChemDgMillionre has a brilliant future
I’m definitely not allergic to cannabis, but I can tell you forsure that live resins are a skin irritant for me. I have to wear long sleeves around the ladies, or I start itching like crazy wherever I brush up against them. I typically take my allergy medicine before a long day of gardening, which seems to help.

Trimming is difficult, I typically hand that task off to others, but if I took a nasal decongestant it’s usually not as bad. Clipping dried buds off their stems is murderous work for me, all of those tiny kief bits floating in the air cause me to start sneezing non-stop & then my asthma kicks in.. so not sure if that’s asthma related or what not.

Not big issues in my world, nothing some over the counter meds & a long sleeve & gloves don’t fix.
ChemDgMillionre is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2018, 03:48 PM #37
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfishy1 View Post
Same way ‘peanut allergies’ occur. Living life in a constant ‘sterile’ state with a can of lisol and hand sanitizers near by constantly
Peanut allergies have been linked to excessive antibiotic use on infants. Studies have shown when the proper bacteria is cultured in the person with the allergy, it goes away and they can eat peanuts.

I'm wondering how many with cannabis allergies had high antibiotic use when they were infants? Could possibly be a different bacteria? Definitely be great to see a cure for cannabis allergies.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:35 AM #38
FlowerFarmer

FlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to allFlowerFarmer is a name known to all
I'm allergic to Cannabis in the same way that others are in this thread. Skin contact against live plants gives me rash breakout and is itchy.

Trimming unmasked absolutely destroys me. Runny nose, sneezing fit, etc. If I'm exposed to too much dry material I'll wake up wheezing in the chest. This is how I put two and two together initially. Processing some dry larf for bubble hash fucked me up good, but I'll still have sinus attacks trimming wet or dry.

I use a carbon dust mask with a vertical fold, which isn't perfect but is comfortable enough to work in for long periods so long as I don't cross contaminate it, which isn't easy. Taking Claritin (the good kind from the pharmacist) helps keep my sinus dry if I remember to take it. I don't like taking pills though.

It really sucks and I've also wondered what it's doing to me longer term. In recent years I've developed a mucus or phlegm in my throat that's hard to clear. It mainly shows up after eating so could be related to that, but I'm wondering if it and the cannabis allergy goes hand in hand due to sinus drainage and stuff. I've got a pretty shitty diet because I run around a lot so work is definitely in order there, but it's almost as if my sinuses overreact to nearly everything I eat.

I'm going to try to cut dairy out of my life, as well as the sweets (I love candy) and breads and such. I also battle athlete foot/jock itch so it definitely seems like I have an overload in my body. I'm hoping this helps with the Cannabis allergy too. I've tried all sorts of stuff for years to no avail (things like drinking oil of oregano and other natural shit), but perhaps I've never been consistent enough.

Just sharing my experience to keep this thread active. I used to not find anyone who shared my situation, but now have discovered more and more do have some level of irritation with cannabis.

I'm curious if juicing raw cannabis leaves could help me "overcome" this allergy, but also unsure if it'd cause allergic reaction. I know I now have to be more careful experimenting with stuff moving forward. I went as far as drinking some quality terpentine (distilled spirits of pine resin) and broke out in itch rash on my stomach and arms. I thought this might help rid my body of the phlegm issue and jock itch, but had to discontinue the protocol because I wasn't sure if the allergic reaction would persist and I know allergies and worsen after initial exposure. It definately seems related to terpenes or something and different strains can yield different levels of sinus reaction.

So for now I mask up and limit exposure. Such a drag because cannabis cultivation has been my passion for nearly 15 years now.
FlowerFarmer is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:05 PM #39
blackone

blackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really niceblackone is just really nice
I'm also in this club and I'm sure it's related to the terpenes. Since I developed it I've also experienced the same symptoms when grating orange peels.
blackone is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.