What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lowering co2 ppm in dark period

jm420

Veteran
my guees its not co2 levels

for an 8x8 area you gotta be runnin 2- 4 k If your lites are air cooled use that ducting to run a fan at lites out
I also run a 10x15 sealed room and still evacute and refresh 5 min every hour.
I get 2 weeks out of a 20lb tank so it dosnt hurt the pocket book to much

Lovellybudly

Lights are cooled by water and run to waste through a heat exchanger, this room is a completely sealed enviroment , even the dehumifiers work on the cold water supply and run to waste . Tempreture wise it runs spot on , humidity is spot on and it only uses electric to power the lights and air movement fans . Just need to find away to drop the co2 level at night (if that is causing the problem ) and I think the piolt light on the co2 generatour may be running a bit high .
First runs in a new room are always the hardest !

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Plants absorb and use oxygen all life long, night and day, for cellular respiration.

When the lights go off, plants can even use more oxygen for an increase rate of cellular respiration due to the absence of photosynthesis, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

yeah your right. they need co2 for photosythesis but still respire (use oxygen) all the time. so yup your right - but i think they use oxygen equally day or night.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but i think they use oxygen equally day or night.

I don't think as I read several things in the past about the topic, but I can't remember exactly.

Read the first part of the abstract in this link, it's the first I found, but I'm sure you can find more infos if you google the topic :wave:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I don't think as I read several things in the past about the topic, but I can't remember exactly.

Read the first part of the abstract in this link, it's the first I found, but I'm sure you can find more infos if you google the topic :wave:

i think your probs right. thanks for the link. i have read also that it may be species dependent too.

Lammy

your water cooled set up sounds interesting.
if it was co2 at night don't you think everybody would have this problem they sell that same CO 2 equipment to everybody.

I had a Titan CO 2 generator that didn't have a pilot light. but the ignitor went out after a couple months in they haven't replaced it yet so I'm not recommending it

Lovellybudly

My room is dark the co2 is at 1500 ppm co2 is off Plants look great. It's not in issue...

Thanks mate, decided to flush on saturdAy , with RO water @6.8 ph and the run off was. 2300 ppm !! So a build up of salts looks like the problem :)
By the way very impressed by your grow maybe time I switched to heavy 16 and aptus for the next round .
Lb

shuckafree

My co2 usually drops from 1300ppm lights on to about 5-600 lights off. It's an indication that your plants are metabolizing. If your co2 isn't dropping, then your plants aren't doing their thing IME.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
imo get a thermometer that measures min/max temps and see what it is hitting in the day, because it sounds like slight heat stress or a nutrient issue,, nothing to do with co2 unless it is causing the temp to spike which is quite possible..

Latest posts

Latest posts