What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can a female produce male clones?

T

TOKA

Ive searched all over the internet but cant find the answer, can a 20 plus year old stain ie exodus cheese produce clones that turn full blown male? Im not talking hermaphrodite i mean 100% male that produces regular seeds when sexed with a female clone of the same mother. A certain breeder has claimed this happned to him but im really finding it hard to believe its possible and its bugging me that i cant find the answer.

He even has pictures of this so called cheese male but considering he also offers cheese x afghan im thinking this male is probably a cheese dom afghan cheese that he's claiming to be 100% cheese.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
if sprayed with colidial silver ,it will revese the plant then dust the mother and get all femal seeds ,so its possable to do

T

TOKA

I think you misunderstand my post im not talking about making female seeds by reversing females. Im talking about clones from female mothers turning male without chemical compunds and containing male chromosones that produce REGULAR seeds.

Nifty_PoT

no, a cutting from a fem plant will allways be fem, and visa versa , male cutting will always be male lol . Impossible to get a male from a fem clone , if u do u may of cloned a hermie if i had to guess.

Fi_Di_Bot

Son Of Botany - Green Block Original Shrdana
Veteran
toka i read on an old issue of TY mag that it has happened to Kaliman and he use 2 o 3 clones turned out male for breeding his cheese#1
me and Noreason are still waiting to get more info

Fi_Di_Bot

Veteran
ok here we go http://www.treatingyourself.com/images/issues/pdfs/issue33.pdf
give a look from page 78 to 86
so everyone knows what we are talking 'bout
Toka for what me and my homies know... it must be pretty impossible but never say never
instead of a cheese x afghan i belive some one give him some clones of another strain just for fill the tray or make mistake labelling the cuttings

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I doubt it, the Exodus is one of those female, female, bulletproof female cuts. Stress, light pollution etc. do not make it herm ever.. The BB cheese does occasionally. The exodus does occasionally though produce 'microseed', really tiny unfertilised seed inside a calyx that you almost need a loupe to spot. So I don't know...but Kaliman was playing around with reversing females with silver at the same time with other strains but maintained that now overspray occured. Hmmm.

stickshift

I doubt it, the Exodus is one of those female, female, bulletproof female cuts. Stress, light pollution etc. do not make it herm ever..

utter bullshit.

@ the OP please tell me this ain't cockster!!

T

TOKA

ok here we go http://www.treatingyourself.com/images/issues/pdfs/issue33.pdf
give a look from page 78 to 86
so everyone knows what we are talking 'bout
Toka for what me and my homies know... it must be pretty impossible but never say never
instead of a cheese x afghan i belive some one give him some clones of another strain just for fill the tray or make mistake labelling the cuttings

hey bro, yeh it was kaliman i was getting at but didnt wana bring names into it but im sure most people knew who i was getting at anyway.

thanks for the link, after reading it im even more inclined to think he's full of sh*t lol. he gives the impression the tray of clones were from his own mother but your theory could be right about somebody just filling the trays.

although i didnt know about him back crossing with a sensi skunk to make his rocksters cheese, so now i think he is just using a cheese dom male from that stock and not an afghan x cheese and made up this fairy tale to give himself some sort of credit and market his cheese better than everybody else.

stickshift

hey bro, yeh it was kaliman i was getting at but didnt wana bring names into it but im sure most people knew who i was getting at anyway.

thanks for the link, after reading it im even more inclined to think he's full of sh*t lol. he gives the impression the tray of clones were from his own mother but your theory could be right about somebody just filling the trays.

although i didnt know about him back crossing with a sensi skunk to make his rocksters cheese, so now i think he is just using a cheese dom male from that stock and not an afghan x cheese and made up this fairy tale to give himself some sort of credit and market his cheese better than everybody else.

rest assured he is full of shit (cockster that is).

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeders-support-information/7149-spontaneous-sex-reversal.html
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/16-bud-shots/5209-few-macros-exodus-1-true-cheese-seed-2.html

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lmao, so when he came here trying to hype his seeds for sale and got shot down, he just moved to another forum. Good job a lot of folks are on more than 1 forum.

Fi_Di_Bot

Veteran
i write the name 'couse the first replies Toka got weren't in topic :D
Also we are just trying to understand if this "sexual reversion" is possible or not... but i'm not expert about genes, hormones and so on.
thinking to the farms of Shantibaba, during the Swiss golden age, they make billions of clones and none of them showed a similar sexual reversion...
that let me think to a big free advertisment for his business and if i'm sure of my work why move???

gmt: i need to improve my skills with the search function of the forum, lol, tryed to search some info on it few times ago but got no result.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^the search function aint so so great. just use google and type icmag.com at the end

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I have no experience in breeding, but I did come across this bit of trivia...which only leads to more unanswered questions. A study going back to sometime in the 1930's (pdf below) concluded--

The most striking contrast of these two experiments was between the
plants supplied with a high-nitrogen (8N) solution and those supplied with
a nitrogen-deficient (- N) solution. The plants of the former series (8N)
produced an abundance of dark green foliage, and all plants had begun to
differentiate into females before they wilted and died; the latter series
(- N) had small, pale green leaves, and all plants were males. Sex ratios
(table III) in the other cultures ranged from 100 per cent. male plants in
those that were supplied with a nitrogen-deficient (- N) solution to 100 per
cent. female plants in those that were supplied with a high-nitrogen (8N)
solution.

A group of plants grown in distilled water had the same characteristics
as those supplied with a nitrogen-deficient solution: viz., pale green, stunted
growth, red stems, and a preponderance of males. It seems that in the
absence of nitrogen the other essential nutrients are not utilized. Furthermore,
the fact that the flowers of hemp (Cannabis) are sometimes perfect
suggests that both sex potentialities are present, but only one is normally
expressed. The sex of the plant would, then, seem to depend, in large
measure, upon the presence or absence of certain nutritional factors (10).

In the groups under consideration, the plants supplied with high-content and
nitrogen-deficient solutions, the presence of nitrogen apparently was the
factor which determined the female sex of the plants supplied with a high nitrogen
(8N) solution; and the absence of nitrogen may have been the
factor which determined the male sex of the plants supplied with the nitrogen-
deficient (- N) solution.

So withhold N...right?...lol Sure, after I crank up my Model T and turn on the wireless (no TVs in those days).

Attachments

• Time factor in utilization of Mineral Nutrients by Hemp opt.pdf
    959.3 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Latest posts