What's new

co2 and sealed rooms

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
^^^^ agree. Permit me to add: CO2 is molecularly heavier than Oxygen and will not "rise" (like warm air) but drops naturally. Fans at the ground level will increase air movement--reducing the potential for pockets of CO2 to accumulate. Also...controllers have been known to "lie" and CO2 glass tester tubes is an affordable and "accurate" alternative to verify the environment's PPMs.

jackmayoffer

Veteran
I have grown the same strain in the same medium with the same nutes and same lights only difference was CO2 both rooms where 20 lights 2 x 1000 watts over each bed grown in Cana coco vegged for 14 days 20 to 25 per 1 k the room with no Co2 Yielded #25 from 20 x 1k the room with Co2 Yielded #48 co2 set at 1000 to 1200 ppm week 1-6 week 7 and 8 co2 turned off helps plants riped and finish dense.I use natural gas co2 burner any one who thinks co2 does not make a difference has not grown in a dialed environment with CO2 temps 80 to 85 degrees is key in veg 60% Humidity in flower 50% late flower 40 %. You can look up years of grows I have done using co2 logged on the web under JACKMAYOFFER..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I cant believe there are people in the "Advanced Growing Science" section telling someone they would be just as well off using fresh air compared to artificial co2 enrichment. Secondly, your growing one more plant theory is totally off because in every state in the United States and most places in the world there is a limited number of plants you can grow legally, so when one operates at full capacity, there is no "add a plant" option; among other things. I don't mean to come off as negative, but its basic biological understanding that a cannabis plant needs more than earths current ambient co2 levels to thrive as nature intended

I'm in Florida, I forget some of you do it LEGALLY!

the gnome

Veteran
yeah florida...
i was gonna do nat-gas genny but then decided Co2 because of heat isues.
then thought of the trouble and possible exposure getting the bottles ona reg basis.
now I'm back to the gas genny lol.
there's llegit reasons for bottle Co2 use, paintball is one.
but bottles are a hassle in every respect for a larger grow,
just a gas is for smaller.
I'd be very reluctent to do gas in a family type dwelling.
a commercial place sounds better, like concrete block.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well shit, I'm in Michigan and even up here our summer temps get in the 90's. I just can't see how pulling 90 degree air in and over my plants would do them any good. Not to mention the added heat from lights.

So to answer EF20, "why outdoor CO2 is bad"? When it comes in at 90 degrees it is bad compared to compressed co2 that is much cooler.

A/C is a must and therefore co2 is also a must. For my situation anyway.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Well shit, I'm in Michigan and even up here our summer temps get in the 90's. I just can't see how pulling 90 degree air in and over my plants would do them any good. Not to mention the added heat from lights.

So to answer EF20, "why outdoor CO2 is bad"? When it comes in at 90 degrees it is bad compared to compressed co2 that is much cooler.

A/C is a must and therefore co2 is also a must. For my situation anyway.

WOW...I was not aware that summer nights hit 90 degrees in Michigan....lol.

Please re-read my post, "The girls day start at 9PM--the grow environment receives cool night/morning air while the lights are on...I also vent the lights the same way (cool air in--warm air ducted out) and as a result--the AC hardly ever runs and temps are a sweet 72-78 degrees and my humidity range is 45-60% with no dehumidifier."

That said, I agree 100%--bringing warm/hot outdoor air to a cool environment is stupid...but bringing cool night air is smart!