What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Books

mofeta

Veteran
I have noticed from some of the questions I have seen lately that a lot of people are not aware of the excellent books out there these days on our favorite subject.

This is a thread to post links to books/papers that you think everyone would enjoy.

I'll start with some modern day classics:

Cannabis and cannabinoids: pharmacology, toxicology, and therapeutic potential -Grotenhermen and Russo (feat. Sam)

Marijuana and the cannabinoids -ElSohly (also feat. Sam)

Handbook of Cannabis Therapeutics: From Bench to Bedside-Grotenhermen

There are a lot more, I will add when I have time.

B

BrnCow

Orange Sunshine is educational about Brotherhood of Love and their has exploits...

Madjag

Veteran
I really love Jerry Kamstra's book Weed about going to Mexico to photograph weed fields for Life magazine (remember that mag?) and then having to buy the field in order to be allowed to photograph it. He ultimately decides to ship it back to the USA using Life magazine's cash advance for the article, a move that became big news at the time. The book has maybe 2 dozen photos throughout that capture the mood of Kamstra's journey. He went deep into the southern coastal mountains by mule to very remote growing areas in order to get photos of the stash fields.

Talk about Landraces....his herb was definitely in the zone.

sourdpurpstick

Orange Sunshine is educational about Brotherhood of Love and their has exploits...

Totally a favorite!

Currently reading Daniel Pinchbeck's Breaking Open the Head - a psychedelic journey into the heart of "contemporary shamanism", which manages to get spiritual AND keep it real. Good stuff.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MARIJUANA Gateway to Health by Clint Werner is an excellent read.

I just finished THE RICK SIMPSON STORY by Rick Simpson, an ebook. What an astounding book it is too. Both books I would highly recommend.

So many great Cannabis books out there! Most of them are so informative.

One more I must mention: CANNABIS AND THE SOMA SOLUTION by Chris Bennett

I absolutely *love* reading about Cannabis.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Closet Cultivator by Ed Rosenthal, although ancient is an excellent book for the beginner.

Stargazer

thanks Puffin13 for the recommendations!

really enjoying Clint Werner's book, excellent reading as you said.

another book I think is worth your perusal is The benefits of marijuana, physical, psychological and spiritual by Joan Bello.

Tom Hill

Veteran
...and I am elated to see them use the term Broadleaf Drug in place of Wideleaf drug, sincerely, my eye stopped twitching :D

Latest posts

Latest posts