What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

just had horrible day at vets

mack 10

Veteran
Hey my IC fam.

just had to put my dog down after 12 years together.

in bits.

rip. Bill the boxer dog.

Sorry for your loss Mack. I have a brindle boxer pit mix and he’s been my best friend for almost 14 years.

Remember the good times and that our pets rescue us and not the other way around:)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah! Mack,,,,,
So sorry mate,,our 15year old burmese cat passed away a week before xmas,,,,
gutted for ya mate,,,,losing a family member after so long is really heartbreaking,,
mrs s2 and i send you best wishes and condolences,,,,,
Have a great ic in his memory,,,RIP Bill the Boxer,,s2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You have my sympathies Mack.....I lost Brutus my one-eyed Boxer about 8 years ago, so feel your pain.

He died early after a fight with a big cobra....

picture.php

I feel your pain. My arrow is on his last couple of days. Lung cancer has taken him from a prettt normal, slightly lazy 11 year old golden doodle to a struggling for breath poor guy in less than a week. Nothing in the world will make this easier, but I know he doesn’t want me to be sad.

Easy7

Veteran
Sorry for your loss

12 years is good for a boxer. Git ours in the 5th grade. Mom had hm put down a few months before his 13th. Arthritis was making his life terrible. His siblings died much younger. Cancer tends to get boxers.

Now a proud owner of a 6 year old doodle. Time goes quick, so I always make time!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so sorry for you mack, I wish there was something I could do to take the weight from your heart and shoulders, the next few weeks will be the toughest though as your mind slowly allows you to break from the thoughts of tasks or routine of aiding an ailing companion; in my case I'd always wake up immediately thinking "whoa! I've gotta help Trixie!" but in an instant again I'd realize that she was gone.

I've lost 5 dogs in 30 years up here in Minnesota (many more back in NY), 3 w/maladies of old age, one had cancer, and saddest of all was a beautiful pitbull I owned that I had to put down by my own hand, the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.....

Were you & Bill your own solitary companions or did Bill get to split his love and attentions between your wife/kids or even roommates? I only ask because it's tougher if you're facing some time alone before deciding on your next companion.

A man I bought some property from had 5 or 6 boxers at any given time, and he had a large family. One day when going over to make a land payment he sat down in his easy chair which triggered a MASS RUSH of rust brown & brindle mania right at him... they all hit Larry at once bowling over that chair in an instant & as if it were a miniature doll set, Larry looked like a toy. of course it was all love n' laughs, all I could see was the frame of that chair, Larry's legs & 5 or 6 wiggling butts&tails, he was smothered.

It's going to take some time but you'll mostly recall the good times, the funny times, those are the memories that will come flashing back in your mind in years to come; in times of solitude and thought you might find yourself remembering the extra help & attention your friend needed in those last precious weeks and days, that's okay, that's good, it's the tenderness we all carry for them. Bill was always safest & most loved in your arms & heart, the goodness will live there forever.

R.I.P. Bill

armedoldhippy

Veteran
losing a hairy friend is one of the saddest things a person can live through. i remember them all, and shed tears for them as well. hang on to the good memories & let the pain slip away...for both of you.:comfort:

mack 10

Veteran
NoI
Ah! Mack,,,,,
So sorry mate,,our 15year old burmese cat passed away a week before xmas,,,,
gutted for ya mate,,,,losing a family member after so long is really heartbreaking,,
mrs s2 and i send you best wishes and condolences,,,,,
Have a great ic in his memory,,,RIP Bill the Boxer,,s2

Thanks s2. We def smoke up ic cup in his memory.

Sorry for your loss, mack.
Thanks mikell.

You have my sympathies Mack.....I lost Brutus my one-eyed Boxer about 8 years ago, so feel your pain.

He died early after a fight with a big cobra....

View Image

Hey Gypsy. Thanks man. Your Brutus looks like a right character.

I feel your pain. My arrow is on his last couple of days. Lung cancer has taken him from a prettt normal, slightly lazy 11 year old golden doodle to a struggling for breath poor guy in less than a week. Nothing in the world will make this easier, but I know he doesn’t want me to be sad.

Thanks BakedBandit. It comes so quick, we had no clue till yesterday. When it was obvious something big was wrong

Sorry for your loss

12 years is good for a boxer. Git ours in the 5th grade. Mom had hm put down a few months before his 13th. Arthritis was making his life terrible. His siblings died much younger. Cancer tends to get boxers.

Now a proud owner of a 6 year old doodle. Time goes quick, so I always make time!
Thanks, Easy7, yeah boxers seem prone to any types of lumps and bumps. We had a great 12 years together.
Enjoy your doodle, like you say, it all goes to quick.

sorry for your loss it's tuff to loose a loved one
Thanks, Borderliner.
Thanks Troutman.
Rainbow Bridge, my friend... Rainbow Bridge.
Thanks Ringodoggie.

so sorry for you mack, I wish there was something I could do to take the weight from your heart and shoulders, the next few weeks will be the toughest though as your mind slowly allows you to break from the thoughts of tasks or routine of aiding an ailing companion; in my case I'd always wake up immediately thinking "whoa! I've gotta help Trixie!" but in an instant again I'd realize that she was gone.

I've lost 5 dogs in 30 years up here in Minnesota (many more back in NY), 3 w/maladies of old age, one had cancer, and saddest of all was a beautiful pitbull I owned that I had to put down by my own hand, the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life.....

Were you & Bill your own solitary companions or did Bill get to split his love and attentions between your wife/kids or even roommates? I only ask because it's tougher if you're facing some time alone before deciding on your next companion.

A man I bought some property from had 5 or 6 boxers at any given time, and he had a large family. One day when going over to make a land payment he sat down in his easy chair which triggered a MASS RUSH of rust brown & brindle mania right at him... they all hit Larry at once bowling over that chair in an instant & as if it were a miniature doll set, Larry looked like a toy. of course it was all love n' laughs, all I could see was the frame of that chair, Larry's legs & 5 or 6 wiggling butts&tails, he was smothered.

It's going to take some time but you'll mostly recall the good times, the funny times, those are the memories that will come flashing back in your mind in years to come; in times of solitude and thought you might find yourself remembering the extra help & attention your friend needed in those last precious weeks and days, that's okay, that's good, it's the tenderness we all carry for them. Bill was always safest & most loved in your arms & heart, the goodness will live there forever.

Thanks man, really nice post.
He was family dog, but we always had the best bond since he was a pup.
He kinda acted like my mom
lol, no one would get within 15. Ft of me without getting nailed. Your land owner friend sounds like he's got his hands full with 5 Boxer's! Good for him.

Boxer dogs are great pets.
However they are very protective.
Its family or nothing.

R.I.P. Bill
Thanks for your great post.
(Also reply above. Last 2 paragraphs)

losing a hairy friend is one of the saddest things a person can live through. i remember them all, and shed tears for them as well. hang on to the good memories & let the pain slip away...for both of you.:comfort:

Armedoldhippy, too true.
Im proud to admit it, I blubbed like a baby.
First time I shed a tear in a min.
That's for sure.

Well what can I say?
Ic FAM always got ya back.

So many nice posts I can tell you have all been here before.
Many thanks to everyone. You all made me smile.

Rip. Bill the Boxer.

Again, thanks for all the love shown,
Really shows that people do care.

Green Squall

I'm sincerely sorry about Bill. I bet he was a great dog and companion. I had to put mine down almost 2 years ago so I know what it's like. One thing that helped me was continuing the daily walks. I'm sure all of the ICMAG dogs will welcome Bill with open arms at the Rainbow Bridge.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hey mack, if you've got kids that might want to make a nice memorial they can do it @ petloss. com, most of it is free but there may be some options designed to help fund the site otherwise, I always include all of my dogs in there.......

Turns out today was the day for my guy. I’m feelin it for you Mack. I miss him so much, but am a lucky and better person for having known him.

mack 10

Veteran
What Ringodoggie said...
Thanks starke.

I'm sincerely sorry about Bill. I bet he was a great dog and companion. I had to put mine down almost 2 years ago so I know what it's like. One thing that helped me was continuing the daily walks. I'm sure all of the ICMAG dogs will welcome Bill with open arms at the Rainbow Bridge.

@green squall, thanks man. Big up the Rainbow bridge.

hey mack, if you've got kids that might want to make a nice memorial they can do it @ petloss. com, most of it is free but there may be some options designed to help fund the site otherwise, I always include all of my dogs in there.......

Good idea, I haven't had time to think about a memorial yet.
Many thanks.

Thanks Tudo.

Turns out today was the day for my guy. I’m feelin it for you Mack. I miss him so much, but am a lucky and better person for having known him.

Man that's a shame. So we both in the same boat.
Be strong fam. Need anything, just ask

Thanks Babbabud.

Just want to say thanks to all of you.
You have helped me through a really tough day.
IC Mag at its best.
Hope the sun shine's for each and everyone of you.

Let's put one in the air for Bill the Boxer
And for BakedBandit who is also going through these tragic times.:comfort: