What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quote You're Favourite Quotes....RIGHT HERE!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
"If it wasn't for pickpockets, I wouldn't have no sex life at all." Rodney Dangerfield

"Where there's a will, there'll be relatives" Anonymous

"I'd never dream of becoming a member of any club that would welcome people like me" Groucho Marx

"The poorer a man becomes, the more evil spirits he encounters" Ancient Chinese proverb

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
orwellquotesleeppeaceful.jpg

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
In the title of this thread it says you're instead of your, Quote you are favorite quotes instead of Quote your favorite quotes.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
"Sometimes you have to be wrong before you can be right" The Martian in My Favorite Martian.

"Hindsight is always 20/20 but looking back is still a bit fuzzy" Megadeath

armedoldhippy

Veteran
when Thoreau was jailed for refusing to pay taxes to a govt that supported slavery, Emerson went to visit him in jail. "Henry David, what are you doing in there?" Emerson asked. "Ralph Waldo" Thoreau replied "what are you doing out there?"

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here's a cleaver one:

“Too fucking busy and vice versa.” (quoted in The Unimportance of Being Oscar by Oscar Levant)

buzzmobile

Veteran
Speaking of 'cleaver' quotes:

‘Ward, I’m worried about the Beaver’ — Barbara Billingsley

imiubu

I often think in song lyric and know few real "quotes".
That said, I'll "quote" song lyric from one of my favorite artists:

'You should be digging it while it's happening... cuz it just might be a one shot deal'. FZ

ion

first i'd like to question the beginning quote.....gypsy nirvana of all people.....quoting winston churchill? bro, cmon. an exemplary poster child for severe oxygen thief he was. anyway here's my contributions;

All books are either dreams or swords,
You can cut, or you can drug, with words.
-Amy Lowell

People mistakenly assume that their thinking is done by their head; it is actually done by the heart which first dictates the conclusion, then commands the head to provide the reasoning that will defend it.
-Anthony de Mello

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coexistence on this tightly knit earth should be viewed as an existence not only without wars… but also without [the government] telling us how to live, what to say, what to think, what to know, and what not to know.
—Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, from a speech given September 11, 19731

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead.
—Aristotle, 384–322 B.C.

Alpenglow

Hang out with your wang out

Open mind leaves room for growth

The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle

The unlucky are nothing more than a frame of reference for the lucky. You are unlucky, so I may know that I am not. Unfortunately the lucky never realizes they are lucky until it's too late

The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead.
—Aristotle, 384–322 B.C.

yet their votes are counted equally. "hey, i got an idea! lets drill holes in the boat to make it lighter. that will make it float higher, right? "🙄