What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT IS THIS?

Big-Narstie

I'm impressed you've been carrying it around for 20 years!

But I'm sad to say it had no purpose... It's just a project some student did in woodwork class lol. :moon:

Interesting tho...

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
It's wood a 20 second dip in water would harm it none but it would tell you if it is lignum vitae. To me it has the same look of this wood with a couple of hundred years ago behind it. The handle looks different wood
agreed, handle is different. those Qtip looking ends are friction/glue fitted on (is fitted a word?).. any way 20 seconds! It WOODnt even take 20 seconds, thinking 1 second... maybe later, too early now.. I'll get back to you.. after she wake up..

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm impressed you've been carrying it around for 20 years!

But I'm sad to say it had no purpose... It's just a project some student did in woodwork class lol. :moon:

Interesting tho...
it has a nice feel to it. So you have seen this done in wood shop somewhere? if it was done in a class the kid shoulda got an A for design and manufacturing.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Yeah, carrying it around and playing with it occasionally, I never focused on or remember focusing on the ends. Here are a few. They leade me to think it rotated in something. And the wood is soft enough to show wear and what I believe is a failure where the wood wore away and shattered/split. The other end (the darker one) shows only slight friction wear marks. Splits and gouges in the shaft.

Attachments

• 022217 do over 001.jpg
    022217 do over 001.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 022217 do over 002.jpg
    022217 do over 002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 13
  • 022217 do over 004.jpg
    022217 do over 004.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 022217 do over 005.jpg
    022217 do over 005.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 10

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe this is some pre-historic dildo... ;) LOL

Giants used them.. Nephilim.. and in that time they didnt have handy latex or plastic
so they used a wood.... "Woody Allen" model.. ;) hehehehehe

I wood

Yeah, carrying it around and playing with it occasionally, I never focused on or remember focusing on the ends. Here are a few. They leade me to think it rotated in something. And the wood is soft enough to show wear and what I believe is a failure where the wood wore away and shattered/split. The other end (the darker one) shows only slight friction wear marks. Splits and gouges in the shaft.

The first two shots show an inclusion, bark that got surrounded by wood. Notice how the grain curves around that spot. That happens in spots where branches or roots go different ways and as the diameters expand things get trapped. I have found golf balls walnuts and many other strange things inside of burls.
I still have no good guess as to what it is though.

luposolitario

It is an old rolling pin, for grapes perhaps, oil, and break white poppy seeds , or a simple tool to crack heads ... a mistery item

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hmmm, it's not something a very large lady might toy with?

....no, I doubt it with the potential for splinters.

C

chris harris

LOL. You guys too funny. Hopefully wood doesn't swell from getting to wet. Or maybe that would be good thing.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
that wood dildo website is something else...

i think its some kind of cooking instrument... like a butter churn but not?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hmmm, it's not something a very large lady might toy with?

....no, I doubt it with the potential for splinters.
it's 5.5 inches in diameter (YeOWW!) my girl
nana4.gif
... it is actually quite smooth but with wood there's always that possibility...