What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

St. Phatty

Have 3 Western Box turtles, 2 male, one female. All found crossing the road or 2 lane highway. Such interesting prehistoric creatures, interesting to watch where they go in our backyard (cinder block walls). Mating season is obscure.

Seems like the male would need a special fixture to mate with the female.

Imagine if human beings wore shells like that and tried to have sex.

You live in the country if ...

You spend 1/2 of your Sunday morning cutting blackberry or driving to the farm supply to replace your broken Cross bow sprayer.

igrowone

Veteran
https://www.lakechamplaincommittee.o...lake-champlain

I'll be having a camera this summer to catch basking pics

good hunting and good luck
never saw anything myself
but do know of some relatives who had a sighting
got the info from a source in between since these weren't relatives I talk with
they did not want the story to be made public knowledge
which gives it some credibility, they apparently did see something unusual

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if...

you happen to see this going on in your gravel driveway...

I took this picture of the terrapins who live in the wood around my house about 5 or 6 years ago....
We were going some where in the car and had to stop and interrupt the their joyous moments so we could get to town for groceries....

Click image for larger version  Name:	terrapins.JPG Views:	0 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	17863967

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I almost brought home a baby snapping turtle I found on a bike ride last summer. I figured the chance of one of my kids (or me) losing a finger of part of one was real so I let him go on his way.

St. Phatty

I like snapping turtles as pets. They eat well, one of the main considerations for a pet.

And as far as the concern about losing fingers, there's no doubt - a human finger is simply a form of food for a Snapper.

A neighbor offered me one of these as a sort of pet ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mille Fleur d'Uccles Bantam.jpg Views:	12 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	17864233

Tempting, but I have to build 1 1/2 Berlin wall quality fences to keep my own birds from going too far & destroying a neighbor's garden.

Though it's not just birds that kick over plants. Last night I was looking at the walled area where I have corn starts.

I noticed that one of the corn plants was hanging on by a few roots, laying on its side.

Then I found something with the texture of Silly Putty.

Then I smelled it. It was a cat turd.

Shame on me for not leaving a pile of easy-digging dirt for the outdoor cat to use as his kitty litter.

Here is a Country Question:

What is a typical price for 100 yards of standard 6 foot high chain link fence - installed ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Here is a Country Question:

What is a typical price for 100 yards of standard 6 foot high chain link fence - installed ?

biggest i have seen locally is 50 ft sections of 5ft tall. don't know where schools & jails score their shit, lol. what i just mentioned is over $110 per 50' roll these days, installation/posts/hardware etc not included.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Not sure of the accuracy of the prices below. Mennard's listed 50' rolls of 6' galvanized fencing @ $344.

https://www.homeadvisor.com/cost/fencing/install-a-chain-link-fence/#calc

Chain-Link Fence Cost

Chain link fencing costs between $5 and $20 per foot for materials and $10 to $20 per linear foot for installation. Homeowners typically pay $2,108 on average, or between $1,167 and $3,048. Tall, thick-gauge fences cost up to $40 per linear foot, or more than $5,000 total.

Fences 6 feet or taller, or those with upgrades, are more likely to exceed $5,000. Depending on height and gauge, you can spend up to $40 per linear foot. Labor usually makes up 25 to 50% of the final price. Chain-link fencing is a cheap and popular option for homeowners. It’s great for keeping pets and children safe without blocking the view or the breeze, but may not have as high an ROI as fence materials like wrought iron or wood.

On This Page:
  1. Chain-Link Fence Cost Calculator
  2. Chain-Link Fence Installation Costs
    1. Labor Cost to Put Up a Chain-Link Fence
  3. Chain-Link Replacement Costs
  4. Material Estimates
    1. Mesh Pricing per Gauge
    2. Post Cost
    3. Gate Pricing
    4. Privacy Slats Cost
  5. Per Foot Chain-Link Fence Cost Calculator
    1. Average Per Acre
    2. Average Per Linear Foot
    3. Per Meter
  6. Chain-Link Fence Prices by Type
  7. Building Factors
  8. DIY vs. Chain Link Pro
  9. FAQ
Chain Link Fence Cost Calculator

Let's calculate cost data for you. Where are you located?

National Average$2,108
Typical Range$1,167 - $3,048
Low End - High End$550 - $5,000
Cost data is based on actual project costs as reported by 3,022 HomeAdvisor members.

Chain-Link Fence Installation Costs

average_cost_to_install_a_chain_link_fence.png

Installation averages $2,000 for a 4-foot fence running 100 feet long. Materials and labor divide roughly in half for the average project. Most homes have a 3- or 4-foot fence in the front yard with a 6-foot fence in the backyard. It’s common to have chain-link in the front yard with wood or vinyl for privacy in the back.
Labor Cost to Put Up a Chain-Link Fence

Labor costs $5 to $20 per linear foot, making up 25% to 50% of the total project. Occasionally, a contractor may work at $25 to $50 per hour, most notably in cases where you supply the materials. For 150 linear feet, labor will run you $1,000 to $3,000 regardless of how they bill.
Chain-Link Fence Removal & Replacement Cost

To demolish an existing length of wire mesh, expect to spend between $3 to $5 per linear foot.
  • For any old fence you’re removing, ask about its scrap or resale value which can be upward of $6 per linear foot. For chain link in usable condition, try selling it to the contractor for a fee reduction. Some scrap yards will take it too.
  • Replacing sections runs from $10-$25 per linear foot.
  • Repairing chain-link fencing costs $250-$600 total.
Get Chain Link Fence Quotes from The Best Local Pros

Chain-Link Fence Material Estimates

Materials make up 50% of your overall budget. You’ll need posts every 7 to 10 feet with post caps. The typical residential fencing has 2” holes and uses 11.5-gauge wire with posts every 10 feet.

Mesh$2 - $15+ per linear foot
Posts including concrete$15 - $25 each
Walkway Gate$50 - $130 each
Driveway Gate$50 - $200 per linear foot
Privacy Slat$3 - $5 per linear foot
Hardware & Post Caps$1 - $4 each.

Mesh Pricing Per Gauge or Thickness

Gauge refers to the thickness of the metal strands. The higher the number, the thinner each strand is. Thicker mesh lasts longer and provides more security. For standard 2-inch residential mesh, not including labor:
  • 5-gauge: $1.50-$7 per linear foot
  • 9-gauge: $2-$10 per linear foot. Common for ranges.
  • 6-gauge: $4-$20 per linear foot. Used for heavy commercial applications.
Decreasing the mesh size from 2 inches to 1 inch can double or triple the price up to $55 per linear foot.
Chain-Link Fence Post Cost

Posts run an average of $30 each or $3 per linear foot as part of the complete project. For each post, materials run $20 with labor at $10. Most companies will set the posts and come back the next day to start installing the fencing though a few may opt for one-day installations.
Chain-Link Gate Pricing

Residential standard swing gates add $100 to $450 with labor or $50 to $320 for materials alone. Automated commercial rolling gates large enough to allow a car through run $500 to $1,800 or more.
Chain-Link Privacy Slats Cost

Chain-link privacy slats run $5 to $15 per linear foot including labor or $3 to $5 for just the slats. Options include redwood, vinyl and aluminum. They won’t provide as much privacy as a wood or vinyl fence but come in at roughly half the cost.

Get a Customized Chain Link Quote from Local Pros

Per Foot Chain-Link Fence Cost Calculator

You’ll spend $8 to $40per foot depending on the height and material type you choose. However, the average homeowner most commonly pays in the $10 to $20 per foot range. You’ll usually find fencing quotes with either a total project or per foot pricing.

4ft Tall$8 - $20
5ft Tall$9 - $22
6ft Tall$10 - $29
8ft Tall$12 - $34
10ft Tall$17 - $40

St. Phatty

Thanks for the cost info !

I'm paying $100 for 75 feet of "curtain material" (chicken mesh) 8 feet wide/high.

Of course I need parts to clamp it and mount it, tie it down, etc.

I wanted to make it temporary/ install it yourself, but as substantial as the standard 8 foot chain fence.

It will be about $700 for 300 feet of 8 foot fence, using my clamps etc.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Not sure of the accuracy of the prices below. Mennard's listed 50' rolls of 6' galvanized fencing @ $344.

Chain-Link Fence Cost

Chain link fencing costs between $5 and $20 per foot for materials and $10 to $20 per linear foot for installation. Homeowners typically pay $2,108 on average, or between $1,167 and $3,048. Tall, thick-gauge fences cost up to $40 per linear foot, or more than $5,000 total.

Fences 6 feet or taller, or those with upgrades, are more likely to exceed $5,000. Depending on height and gauge, you can spend up to $40 per linear foot. Labor usually makes up 25 to 50% of the final price. Chain-link fencing is a cheap and popular option for homeowners. It’s great for keeping pets and children safe without blocking the view or the breeze, but may not have as high an ROI as fence materials like wrought iron or wood.

On This Page:

1. [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

1. That's allot to consider buzz...:tiphat: Wonder what you do for a living? :thinking:You know, people pay to advertise here.:yoinks: (Just yuckin buzz..) good stuff, thank you.

Sunshineinabag

Chain-Link Fence Cost

On This Page:
  1. Chain-Link Fence Cost Calculator
  2. Chain-Link Fence Installation Costs
    1. Labor Cost to Put Up a Chain-Link Fence
  3. Chain-Link Replacement Costs
  4. Material Estimates
    1. Mesh Pricing per Gauge
    2. Post Cost
    3. Gate Pricing
    4. Privacy Slats Cost
  5. Per Foot Chain-Link Fence Cost Calculator
    1. Average Per Acre
    2. Average Per Linear Foot
    3. Per Meter
  6. Chain-Link Fence Prices by Type
  7. Building Factors
  8. DIY vs. Chain Link Pro
  9. FAQ
Chain Link Fence Cost Calculator

Let's calculate cost data for you. Where are you located?

National Average$2,108
Typical Range$1,167 - $3,048
Low End - High End$550 - $5,000
Cost data is based on actual project costs as reported by 3,022 HomeAdvisor members.

Chain-Link Fence Installation Costs

average_cost_to_install_a_chain_link_fence.png

Installation averages $2,000 for a 4-foot fence running 100 feet long. Materials and labor divide roughly in half for the average project. Most homes have a 3- or 4-foot fence in the front yard with a 6-foot fence in the backyard. It’s common to have chain-link in the front yard with wood or vinyl for privacy in the back.
Labor Cost to Put Up a Chain-Link Fence

Labor costs $5 to $20 per linear foot, making up 25% to 50% of the total project. Occasionally, a contractor may work at $25 to $50 per hour, most notably in cases where you supply the materials. For 150 linear feet, labor will run you $1,000 to $3,000 regardless of how they bill.
Chain-Link Fence Removal & Replacement Cost

To demolish an existing length of wire mesh, expect to spend between $3 to $5 per linear foot.
  • For any old fence you’re removing, ask about its scrap or resale value which can be upward of $6 per linear foot. For chain link in usable condition, try selling it to the contractor for a fee reduction. Some scrap yards will take it too.
  • Replacing sections runs from $10-$25 per linear foot.
  • Repairing chain-link fencing costs $250-$600 total.
Get Chain Link Fence Quotes from The Best Local Pros

Chain-Link Fence Material Estimates

Materials make up 50% of your overall budget. You’ll need posts every 7 to 10 feet with post caps. The typical residential fencing has 2” holes and uses 11.5-gauge wire with posts every 10 feet.

Mesh$2 - $15+ per linear foot
Posts including concrete$15 - $25 each
Walkway Gate$50 - $130 each
Driveway Gate$50 - $200 per linear foot
Privacy Slat$3 - $5 per linear foot
Hardware & Post Caps$1 - $4 each.

Mesh Pricing Per Gauge or Thickness

Gauge refers to the thickness of the metal strands. The higher the number, the thinner each strand is. Thicker mesh lasts longer and provides more security. For standard 2-inch residential mesh, not including labor:
  • 5-gauge: $1.50-$7 per linear foot
  • 9-gauge: $2-$10 per linear foot. Common for ranges.
  • 6-gauge: $4-$20 per linear foot. Used for heavy commercial applications.
Decreasing the mesh size from 2 inches to 1 inch can double or triple the price up to $55 per linear foot.
Chain-Link Fence Post Cost

Posts run an average of $30 each or $3 per linear foot as part of the complete project. For each post, materials run $20 with labor at $10. Most companies will set the posts and come back the next day to start installing the fencing though a few may opt for one-day installations.
Chain-Link Gate Pricing

Residential standard swing gates add $100 to $450 with labor or $50 to $320 for materials alone. Automated commercial rolling gates large enough to allow a car through run $500 to $1,800 or more.
Chain-Link Privacy Slats Cost

Chain-link privacy slats run $5 to $15 per linear foot including labor or $3 to $5 for just the slats. Options include redwood, vinyl and aluminum. They won’t provide as much privacy as a wood or vinyl fence but come in at roughly half the cost.

Get a Customized Chain Link Quote from Local Pros

Per Foot Chain-Link Fence Cost Calculator

You’ll spend $8 to $40per foot depending on the height and material type you choose. However, the average homeowner most commonly pays in the $10 to $20 per foot range. You’ll usually find fencing quotes with either a total project or per foot pricing.

4ft Tall$8 - $20
5ft Tall$9 - $22
6ft Tall$10 - $29
8ft Tall$12 - $34
10ft Tall$17 - $40

Was that done in an air conditioned office?:moon:

Sunshineinabag

Well spent time my friend!
here
Did you know that butterflies will expel a red liquid called meconium?! I used to think is was blood at first until looking it up! 😮 🦋
Meconium is the leftover part of the caterpillar that was not needed to make the butterfly. This is stored in the intestine of the butterfly and expelled after the butterfly emerges! It does not hurt them at all!

:flowers2:

shithawk420

Veteran
Well I'll be damn.our mare and donkey just had a baby and we have been so busy we didn't even know she was pregnant.ill try to get you guys pics.

St. Phatty

American Express is Fucking Over the Country People, on limited income.

Just sent them a second $1046, via the Amex website, because they are having problems in mail processing.

So now they can loan my money to another Amex customer for 2% per month.

And if I didn't make the second payment to meet the deadline, they would hit me with $50 to $100 in fees, what they call "pay over time".

But a Lot of people can't just send their credit card company a check for an extra $1000.

The credit card companies are blaming it on Covid19, BUT ...

they're putting most of the burden of Covid19 problems on the shoulders of the poorest customers.

I guess that is sort of American.

Latest posts

Latest posts