What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Haze x Honduras

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds like a killer cross. I would guess the thc is more than either parent.

If you have a white light to flower them I think that would be ideal but hps will do. White light helps the stretch too. More blue with the higher Kelvin, 5000K, 6400K etc.

You have enough light strength to allow them to stretch like that. I pinch and bend the tops over most every day during stretch and some after. 20 inches height is the limit using only 100 watts light.

Love to hear the smoke report. I know it will be good if not great.

Kaskadian

Veteran
That sounds like a killer cross. I would guess the thc is more than either parent.

If you have a white light to flower them I think that would be ideal but hps will do. White light helps the stretch too. More blue with the higher Kelvin, 5000K, 6400K etc.

You have enough light strength to allow them to stretch like that. I pinch and bend the tops over most every day during stretch and some after. 20 inches height is the limit using only 100 watts light.

Love to hear the smoke report. I know it will be good if not great.

Thanks for the feedback! I have the option to use MH/HPS/LED for future grows. Perhaps I'll try this out and utilize MH bulbs for the first 6 weeks of flip and see what kind of difference it makes.

I'll definitely be posting up a smoke report once they've been fully dried/cured. Still got a long way to go on these. I'm guestimating somewhere between 14-16 weeks overall, but I'll start checking trichs around week 12.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Couple little bud shots for you folks... definitely getting a nice coating of sugar on these gals. Trich heads are very small but everything is covered! Nitrogen is being kept low and the feeding is the same as it's been for weeks... not sure if I should be worried about the leaves curling down the way they are. Looks like nitrogen toxicity to me, but as I said N is being kept very low and dosage hasn't changed in a while. Need to keep my eyes on this.

Aromas are ranging from spicy/woody/sage, full on mango/tropical fruit, and the weirdest one yet smells like garlic sage butter! If I close my eyes and smell the last one... it smells like the butter my wife whips up to melt over steaks. Really crazy stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_7903.jpg
    IMG_7903.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7904.jpg
    IMG_7904.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Some full plant shots for you folks as well...

Stretch is done on these gals now. They haven't stretched at all in about the last week. :woohoo:

PHxH#1

PHxH#2

PHxH#3 - Very compact, uniform growth, and fastest bud development by far. Grew basically straight up with little side branching.

PHxH#5

Attachments

• IMG_7893.jpg
    IMG_7893.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7897.jpg
    IMG_7897.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7905.jpg
    IMG_7905.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7895.jpg
    IMG_7895.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 10
Hi kaskadian. Your plants look so great! I grew Honduras last year. It’s a lovely plant and I’m very excited for you, to have something so mythical as Honduras haze. (Also a little jealous)

I find some extreme sativas just don’t like an influx of instantly available N. I grow in organic soil and supplement the soil throughout the grow with various bottled ferts like hydrolized fish and seaweed etc. Anyways, I found that some of the more extreme sativas I’ve grown just can’t hack being whacked with a fairly available source of N, even at quite low doses, they claw up like mad. My experience was that they preferred slow releasing solid organics.

My gut would be to try to back off the N a bit, but don’t worry too much about it. I seem to simultaneously overfeed and underfeed most of my plants but they still do ok.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hi kaskadian. Your plants look so great! I grew Honduras last year. It’s a lovely plant and I’m very excited for you, to have something so mythical as Honduras haze. (Also a little jealous)

I find some extreme sativas just don’t like an influx of instantly available N. I grow in organic soil and supplement the soil throughout the grow with various bottled ferts like hydrolized fish and seaweed etc. Anyways, I found that some of the more extreme sativas I’ve grown just can’t hack being whacked with a fairly available source of N, even at quite low doses, they claw up like mad. My experience was that they preferred slow releasing solid organics.

My gut would be to try to back off the N a bit, but don’t worry too much about it. I seem to simultaneously overfeed and underfeed most of my plants but they still do ok.

Hi Pandy,

Thanks for your kind words!

I’m new to these landrace strains so there is definitely a learning curve to growing these things. The point you made about immediately available nitrogen makes perfect sense actually. I’ll have to consider what other options might be available. In coco there is no way to mitigate the plants getting immediate access to their nutrients. Perhaps lower the dosage further and water multiple times daily would be preferable.

Thanks again for the kind words and advice!

No problem my friend. Again though, your plants look amazing so don’t worry too much. They are weeks ahead in flower size development compared to where I was with my Honduras grow so I’d say you must be doing something right haha. You have some huge beautiful buds in your future!

I’m growing Panama haze right now and ive found her to be clawing in places that don’t catch as much light intensity. I almost always push my plants too far the first time I grow them and then try to pull back. How else will we find their limits?

Thank you for the great show! I’ve been very much enjoying it, makes me want to give coco a try.

oldbootz

Veteran
those are some great pics of the phenos!

i bet the smoke is going to send you into another dimension :)

deepwaterdude

Yep, very promising closeups and terps;) Still learning about how to treat these more hazy satsm meself. What PandyFackler said above seems right. When I've even come close to the sweet spot in soil Ace's stuff; Panama, Bangi Haze, GT, yield HUUGE. I'm still chasing a healthy end of flower I can't seem to get for the last few grows, yet somehow have never been disappointed;)

Tp01

kaskadian. your plants look soooo healthy. you are killin it dude. First narrow leaf grow you say???? I'm inspired to tackle some long flowering ladies in the future. Your detail is much appreciated, it will help many of us with setting up for growing these special plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kaskadian,

You are dealing very well with these tropical sativa beasts :)
Glad to see most of the streching is over and under control.

I would recommend you to cut down the nitrogen in the next 1 or 2 feedings but keeping the PK and micronutrientes levels, next weeks under 11/13 are going to be very interesting ;)
Thanks a lot for your detailed and frequent updates!

Kaskadian

Veteran
No problem my friend. Again though, your plants look amazing so don’t worry too much. They are weeks ahead in flower size development compared to where I was with my Honduras grow so I’d say you must be doing something right haha. You have some huge beautiful buds in your future!

I’m growing Panama haze right now and ive found her to be clawing in places that don’t catch as much light intensity. I almost always push my plants too far the first time I grow them and then try to pull back. How else will we find their limits?

Thank you for the great show! I’ve been very much enjoying it, makes me want to give coco a try.

I bet that Panama Haze is lovely! I appreciate all the feedback my friend. Do you have a grow log posted? I'd love to check that out if you have one available.

As far as coco is concerned, I think it's a matter of preference. Lots of folks around here stick with a nutrient rich soil and produce great results. Myself, I've been a coco grower for a decade+ and fellas like ULMW showed me that it could be done in coco. I didn't think these strains would respond well in coco, but hey, it can be done!

those are some great pics of the phenos!

i bet the smoke is going to send you into another dimension

Cheers Bootz! I've got a long time to wait, but I'm growing more and more excited every day. I'll definitely be posting full smoke reports after a proper cure.

Yep, very promising closeups and terps Still learning about how to treat these more hazy satsm meself. What PandyFackler said above seems right. When I've even come close to the sweet spot in soil Ace's stuff; Panama, Bangi Haze, GT, yield HUUGE. I'm still chasing a healthy end of flower I can't seem to get for the last few grows, yet somehow have never been disappointed

DUDE! I've been following your grows and it's all been impressive as hell. You've got a star lineup, and you're already getting my cogs turning about future strains I'd love to run.

I'm a sativa novice so anything I say is simply speculation but I have a few that looks very OT haze(ish) and I'm not expecting massive yields but the fattest so far looks very Honduran based on other grows I've seen. I think she is going to yield like a champ.

I look forward to seeing more of your work brutha!

kaskadian. your plants look soooo healthy. you are killin it dude. First narrow leaf grow you say???? I'm inspired to tackle some long flowering ladies in the future. Your detail is much appreciated, it will help many of us with setting up for growing these special plants.

Thank you brother! Yessir, this is my first landrace sativa grow. The closest I ever came before this was sour diesel which stretched like a MONSTER and still doesn't even come close to the stretch I've experienced with these. :laughing:

I really appreciate the kind words. I'm hoping this grow log has helped anyone interested in these strains. I say jump right in my friend; no better way to learn! You can't go wrong with ACE.

Hi Kaskadian,

You are dealing very well with these tropical sativa beasts
Glad to see most of the streching is over and under control.

I would recommend you to cut down the nitrogen in the next 1 or 2 feedings but keeping the PK and micronutrientes levels, next weeks under 11/13 are going to be very interesting ;)
Thanks a lot for your detailed and frequent updates!

Thanks Dubi, I'm doing my best to keep these gals under control! I'll of course listen to your advice and reduce the N levels further. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. I post whored so hard at the start I'm trying to go at least a week in between full updates. It's tough with as fast as these plants develop.

Lots of love guys! Thanks for all the support and feedback.

Couple random group shots for you all... g'night!

Attachments

• IMG_7932.jpg
    IMG_7932.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7931.jpg
    IMG_7931.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7930.jpg
    IMG_7930.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 12

Kaskadian

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strain: Purple Haze x Honduras
Grow Medium: 70% Coco 30% Perlite
Nutrients: 1/2 Strength Daily
Water: PH'd Tap Water
PH: 5.8
PH Runoff: 5.9
PPM: 400
Lighting: 600w HPS
Light Schedule: 11 on 13 off
Temperature: 25.5C/78F

Couple random bud shots for you folks... Not much else to report on so far. Just growing daily. Odor is staying relatively low but I'm getting tones of sage, mango, spice, wood, and garlic.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_8062.jpg
    IMG_8062.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8065.jpg
    IMG_8065.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8069.jpg
    IMG_8069.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8072.jpg
    IMG_8072.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8074.jpg
    IMG_8074.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11
Looks fantastic mate. I have a hunch that the wispy pheno is going to be mind blowing.

Love the sound of those aromas. Always loved the garlic sage onion smells.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looks fantastic mate. I have a hunch that the wispy pheno is going to be mind blowing.

Love the sound of those aromas. Always loved the garlic sage onion smells.

Thanks brother I really appreciate the kind words! It's wild to see the variation in phenotypes among these 4 gals. The really wispy girl smells like fresh mango and little else. Each one is very unique in aroma and even the growth structure is clearly different on each. It's hard to tell with my crappy phone camera, but everything is coated with a nice layer of resin and trichomes.

There is no stretching going on but for anyone with limited space I'd recommend going 11/13 from seed or within a week. I thought I flipped these gals early enough but had I waited ANY longer I'd have overgrown my flower area without question. My light is mounted directly to the ceiling without hangers because of how much they stretched.

Sticky Sat

Beautiful plants Kaskadian ! A real treat for the eyes of every sativa lover :)
My only problem with Ace seeds is that when I visit their site I want to order all the sativas they have... ;-)
With the Bangi Haze I also received 3 Panama x Malawi fems, 3 Panama x Bangi Haze fems, 3 Malawi fems and 10 regular Golden Tiger. I can't wait to start them but, due to a "freezer accident", I first have to reproduce and save the many strains I've kept for decades.
The best to you and all readers :)

Latest posts

Latest posts