What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Low profile supplemental side lighting

doams

I was thinking about same thing today

currently I am using all sockets in one line maybe two lines with some space inbetween would help for better ligh penetration not only for lower buds but overall for all the buds like using:

-----led socket----led socket-----led socket----led socket---

instead of just one line:

or even using something like this:

--------------led socket----led socket-----led socket----led socket---

think it might make a bit difference /different angles etc./ but who knows?

e: just saw few of your lights pics and you are already using the third option better check twice before posting next time right

oh well..

thenewstyle

check out reikos thread hes using some solstrips, i think those would be perfect for your box if you run them at a lower amperage
but any of the lights with the lm561c would work, im currently using some wavy boards as side lighting in my grow and they seem to work well

grouchy

I'm thinking of using solstrips on the side of a 2x2 cabinet as well. I'd love more feedback about that option.

I had the same thoughts but was going to use eb strips in a 2x2. Not sure if I want adjustable height horizontal strips or vertical corner strips.

why not use (t5 or) t8 in 6500, low wattage, 360 spread, adds on led flower spectrum and adds uv, no problem with leaves touching the led (burned plants/fire hazards)
you can even fit them vertically in the corners to save place (but less overal spread)