What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely stuff mates! Lookin' sweet Orf!

Weekly update...These girls are real hogs(and I should have reacted earlier).Been feeding with every watering ,especially the short one drinks about 1,5 l of water a day ,close to full dose now,I'm trying my best to burn her lol...The first one is real fast...And I think the malawi leaner is pretty obvious.The other two smell fruity,familiar aromas.The other not a hint yet.

View ImageView ImageView Image
View Image
View Image

Hi Syd,

Looks like your autos are requesting you more and more feeding :D
Nice friend, i especially like the last pic of the more sativa pheno :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi highroller614,

Really interesting variety of phenos you have there. One is the indica pheno, one very sativa expression and the rest look like they belong to the sativa/indica phenos.

Be careful because the leaf curling upwards is a sign of NPK overfeeding, i like to call it the 'shark fin' overfeeding. The yellowing shown in your plants from your previous update til the last one seem to be produced by a ph unbalance, feeding burnt or both.

I would recommend to adjust well the ph in your waterings and feedings, and consider to flush them until they stop to show overfeeding signs. Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
orfeas, farmerlion, HerbBert, KiefRichards :wave:
Good luck with your Auto Malawis x NL!

Different lines of the new Auto Malawi x NL F4 egeneration being tested outdoors, just about to start the flowering.

Attachments

• Autoflowers and Early Bubba Hashes 6th June.jpg
    Autoflowers and Early Bubba Hashes 6th June.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 29

highroller614

Hi highroller614,

Really interesting variety of phenos you have there. One is the indica pheno, one very sativa expression and the rest look like they belong to the sativa/indica phenos.

Be careful because the leaf curling upwards is a sign of NPK overfeeding, i like to call it the 'shark fin' overfeeding. The yellowing shown in your plants from your previous update til the last one seem to be produced by a ph unbalance, feeding burnt or both.

I would recommend to adjust well the ph in your waterings and feedings, and consider to flush them until they stop to show overfeeding signs. Hope it helps.

Hey Dubi thanks for the advice. The soil is already premixed so the only water they have gotten is rain water. This would be the first plant I've ever run in my soil mix that reacted like it was too hot. I will give them a hard flush and hopefully they react better thank you Brother!

G

Approximately 8 weeks of life.I guess in 5-6 weeks tops the two faster ones will be finished,while the other one will get an August harvest.These girls look that they can really yield,I can only imagine what they can do with more light...
llGB3i1.jpg

oFriiNM.jpg
HNXdjnx.jpg
Cgo1pDB.jpg
NyBwnFT.jpg

Ksaderfo

Hi Ksaderfo,

If you are starting to see N deficiencies then you can continue feeding with Fish and Bio Bloom, not sure if you have a liquid rooting hormone like Rhizotonic, but if you have it i would recommend you to use it at this point.

Best regards!

Hi!

Thanks.. It might even be a P excess but it's just a burned tip on one of the older fan leaves... I do keep using some fish in the mix and have started increasing the bloom..

It drinks alot of water... Today after only 2 days it was even going on the droopy side... It's progressing really nicely now.. Some pistils started retracting and it's bulking up... Or maybe it was the slight underwatering that caused the retracted pistils... Getting paranoid.. :biggrin:

On the other hand watering every day sounds like a bad idea too..

But.. I just looked on the trichomes with a loop and they are all still clear!!! :biggrin: So probably another few weeks...

Ksaderfo

orfeas, farmerlion, HerbBert, KiefRichards :wave:
Good luck with your Auto Malawis x NL!

Different lines of the new Auto Malawi x NL F4 egeneration being tested outdoors, just about to start the flowering.

These look Huge!! :biggrin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Auto update

Auto update

Very nice HerbBert, nice stalky plants getting plenty of light. Great job my friend!

Here is an update of my two Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4's.

From the other plants I've seen I would think these both are Malawi dominant plants. They look a lot at this stage like my Malawi x Kali China did last season at this stage of growth. Maybe it was KC x Malawi ??? Either way they look very similar.
I haven't had a chance to do notes this weekend, only today off and a very early job in the morning. So my old ass needs to recuperate with a few naps today. So that is another reason I run heavy in Ace genetics. They can handle the built in neglect that comes with being my plants. Thanks Dubi
Your genetics make me look better at growing than I really am. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Well Hell, I should have looked a little closer earlier today. I just went out to water and put the girls to bed. Hell there is pistils popping out all over the place on these two girls. Only four weeks from the time I germinated these seeds. Maybe 4 1/2 but damn time flew by quick. I will post up some pictures in a few days. Then they will be easy to see with my less than average camera skills. Syd, I'm throwing up the bat signal again, bring your camera. Thank you Dubi for these genetics. I guess it's supposed to happen this way but it's nothing I've ever experienced before. This is fun! Peace

HerbBert

Thanks for the positive comment farmerlion I find it encouraging have no one to talk about them with in real life :watchplant:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
HerbBert, I hear you there. I don't smoke or sale so my exposure to people that do is very limited. None the less I love this plant. My only return is in the personal satisfaction of doing the best I can growing it. And helping the few patients I donate the cured buds to. Peace

HerbBert

Thats cool of you farmer I bet the patients you help are very grateful and you have a better selection then a lot of coffee shops lol .

Here are my 4 plants again ill be putting them outside tomorrow morning, they are a lot shorter then I was hoping 3 are about 25cm or 10" and the bigger one is 48cm or 19".

Two of the shorter plants have 6 pairs of branches the other short one and the taller one have 7 pairs more stocky then I anticipated.

Plant 1

Plant 2

Plant 3

Plant 3 close up

Plant 4

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi farmerlion,

Yeah it's really amazing how fast these autos progress :D
one day you are watching them, thinking how big they can get, and the next day they are already producing pistils everywhere. Both are indeed beautiful sativa phenos with strong Malawi influence. Should yield well and produce resinous buds.

We are about to finish our first test with the new Auto Malawi x NL F4 generation and so far we are as pleased with the results as with current F3 released generation.
We also have just selected the Panama Goddess x Auto Malawi/NL parental plants that will lead to the future development of an Auto Panama strain.
Enjoying a lot with the first smoking tests of the Zamaldelica x Auto Malawi/NL F1 too, very happy so far with how the autoflowering breeding is progressing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the positive comment farmerlion I find it encouraging have no one to talk about them with in real life :watchplant:

Hi HerbBert,

Your Auto Malawi x NLs are still short in height but they already showing a great branching. Very healthy and happy seedlings, well done!

Glad you found this forum and community, there are plenty of great and kind souls posting in this room and sharing their experiences and insights about our beloved plant, hope you find this place like a confortable space to meet other growers and hopefully make good friends and learn about the cannabis plant. :huggg:

highroller614

Update.....

Update.....

@ Dubi I like the sound of the new auto lines you are working on. Will they be ready by next season? I need to run these outside next season. I tried giving them a flush but Im not sure if it helped. I did get a smell off a few of them. One smells of musty fruit. Another one has a old school pine smell and the other smells of strawberry yogurt. I will give a more in depth smell report when i chop each one down. Here is some more pics. They were taken with a cell phone and a magnifying glass lol.......

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Hey Dubi, count me in heavy on your new Auto flowering strains. If available that is. So far I'm very impressed and having fun. Thank you for your hard work and passion. It truly shows in the quality they produce. Peace brother

Nup

Much love for these autos, and rightfully too it seems!

Its an exciting prospect for northern growers who crave a taste of those exotic strains!

Azure

Just started some [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Auto Malawi x Northern Lights.
They're in Happy Frog soil and wanted to know what you guys have been doing for nutrients.
I have Big Bloom and SUPERthrive on hand.
Do you have any recommendations for nutrients?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts