What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Bangi Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you Dubi - your strains are doing really good here in Southern California.
As I mentioned before, I have the Guawi and the Kali China as well.
Does the Kali China normally show leaf variegation? The one I have going has it here and there all over. I don't consider it negative, on the contrary it is beautiful - the plant is doing great...just curious.

Panama x Bangi Haze is my hungriest plant. She was yellowing so I had to feed more. With a steady diet of fish hydrolysate some fulvic and trace minerals the yellowing has halted and she has begun to kick it into gear. Also topped for (4) mains as my other plants are, she prefers the top (2). A stem rub has some complexity, but up front is basil.

Hi ColaCalyx,

Yes, the elite Kali China F4 parental plant i selected to produce all the new Kali China lines and KC hybrids was not only the best and fastest to flower, but also the freakiest, showing variegation and decoloration in some degree.

Your Panama x Bangi Haze looks like is enjoying the great outdoors and your good cares. You are right, this hybrid is not the easiest to feed, but glad you have found what it works best for her :yes. Basil aromas are typical from Bangi Haze line.

Best regards!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I don't know what I was thinking here :crazy: but I will aim for full bush :biggrin:
View Image
View Image

Nice Syd :)

Your Panama x Bangi Haze has very thin and lanky tropical sativa stems, with the classic reddish pigmentation from Panama line.

Hope it is becoming a nice bush at this point.
Are you planning to flower her outdoors ?

G

Nice Syd :)

Your Panama x Bangi Haze has very thin and lanky tropical sativa stems, with the classic reddish pigmentation from Panama line.

Hope it is becoming a nice bush at this point.
Are you planning to flower her outdoors ?

Thx bro :) She looks tropical to me,too,I am glad she's a clone because this one looks like could stretch like mad in flower from seed.
I will flower her in this same room that I had the hz/kc and bk/kc last year.Not a lot of light but good enough...

ounuylf.jpg
0IUe1nO.jpg

Sticky Sat

Hey Sid ! :)

She really looks like a very elegant and graceful lady making herself beautiful for you brother... ;)

Last edited:

ColaCalyx

Hi ColaCalyx,

Yes, the elite Kali China F4 parental plant i selected to produce all the new Kali China lines and KC hybrids was not only the best and fastest to flower, but also the freakiest, showing variegation and decoloration in some degree.

Your Panama x Bangi Haze looks like is enjoying the great outdoors and your good cares. You are right, this hybrid is not the easiest to feed, but glad you have found what it works best for her :yes. Basil aromas are typical from Bangi Haze line.

Best regards!
Thank you for the insight dubi - I wasn't caught completely off guard this time, last year I grew Panama but didn't feed her enough. I hope I can do her child some justice haha.

ColaCalyx

Good looking girl ColaCalyx ! :)

Lovely this fresh basil smell... Reminds me of a Hawaiian sativa i used to grow in the early 80s...
In this present case it likely comes from the Bangi Haze as the 2 phenos i had also had it.

Good luck with your grow my friend :)

Thank you Sticky Sat! I love my PxBH, and I happen to love basil. Can't wait to see how it develops.
That Hawaiian Sativa sounds delicious, very interesting....did you make seed?

Sticky Sat

Hey ColaCalyx ! :)

I was 15 at the time, growing for my older cousins who used to bring the seeds back from their regular trips in Hawaii... I unfortunately was too young to realize the treasure it was and every male was pulled without any second thoughts... I have regrets (not to say remorses...) to this day...

ColaCalyx

I was 15 at the time, growing for my older cousins who used to bring the seeds back from their regular trips in Hawaii... I unfortunately was too young to realize the treasure it was and every male was pulled without any second thoughts... I have regrets (not to say remorses...) to this day...

Howzit Sticky Sat

I'm sorry for our loss lol
I grew up on Oahu and moved to Cali in my early teens. Cali was great in the 90's, we had access to all the great NorCal buds and Mexican brick.
Now and then I'd get some exceptional Mexican Sinsemilla that had a few mature black seeds. This one batch in particular was piney green and had a sharp spice clove smell and when lit, full white smoke. It was compacted but not brick. Great high with a floaty body, blazing red eyes and munchies...great teenager weed! We'd ride around at night in the neighborhoods causing trouble. Good times. These days I wouldn't even know where to find any real Mexican, I've asked around. I'm still looking, one day my friend!

Sticky Sat

Having grown up in Hawaii give you an idea of the weather conditions here but a visiting friend from Oahu told me lately that Hawaiian islands are actually drier than the one i'm on... Continuously adaptating to our ever changing environment could well be our greatest challenge... Might as well do it high... :)

The Mexican you talk about reminds me a lot of one that arrived here by sailboat in 87.
It was also hardly compressed, purple black, spicy scented and seeded. The high was excellent ! To this day it's the kind of high i've been expecting from the Mexican i sampled... Most of the time vainly... The seeds sprouted super easily and grew with great vigor. It was during the long days season (well, longest day is 13 h 15' ..;)) and in no time i had a 3 m tall forest i wasn't expecting at all... I was saved of a potentially killing trimming job as the plants were ripped off about 4 weeks before due...
Some good no frills strains at the time. There's still a lot now too but rarely as easy and forgiving to grow :)

ColaCalyx

Having grown up in Hawaii give you an idea of the weather conditions here but a visiting friend from Oahu told me lately that Hawaiian islands are actually drier than the one i'm on... Continuously adaptating to our ever changing environment could well be our greatest challenge... Might as well do it high... :)

The Mexican you talk about reminds me a lot of one that arrived here by sailboat in 87.
It was also hardly compressed, purple black, spicy scented and seeded. The high was excellent ! To this day it's the kind of high i've been expecting from the Mexican i sampled... Most of the time vainly... The seeds sprouted super easily and grew with great vigor. It was during the long days season (well, longest day is 13 h 15' ..;)) and in no time i had a 3 m tall forest i wasn't expecting at all... I was saved of a potentially killing trimming job as the plants were ripped off about 4 weeks before due...
Some good no frills strains at the time. There's still a lot now too but rarely as easy and forgiving to grow :)

Hey Sticky Sat -
I have an idea of the challenges you face. Islands have fast changing weather. The island of Kauai is very wet, much wetter than Oahu were I lived. If you are dealing with that, I can only wish you the best of luck and pass you the J....high is indeed the best way to deal with troubles you have no control over haha
That sounds like some great herb! Ugh, what a heartache being ripped off!
I do wish sometimes I could grow tropical sativas back home, but I can't complain that I'm in California. Longest day this year wasn't even 14.5 hours. It sure does allow me to grow anything....not the best for some, but good enough. The search continues Sticky! Irie vibes to you :tiphat:

Sticky Sat

Hey Sticky Sat -
I have an idea of the challenges you face. Islands have fast changing weather. The island of Kauai is very wet, much wetter than Oahu were I lived. If you are dealing with that, I can only wish you the best of luck and pass you the J....high is indeed the best way to deal with troubles you have no control over haha
That sounds like some great herb! Ugh, what a heartache being ripped off!
I do wish sometimes I could grow tropical sativas back home, but I can't complain that I'm in California. Longest day this year wasn't even 14.5 hours. It sure does allow me to grow anything....not the best for some, but good enough. The search continues Sticky! Irie vibes to you :tiphat:

Hey brother !

Thanks a lot for the good vibes ! :)
Had the chance to grow in Humboldt County in 94-95 but it was only indoor. It was illegal at the time and none of the guys i was growing with were doing any outdoor, except for getting rid of old mother plants... ;) I loved the weather there and saw the great outdoor potential. I think it's a lot better than here but i have to grow where i live and it sure could be worse... ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great harvest my friend :dance013:

ColaCalyx

dubi, let me get back to PxBH - she is exploding! Yesterday I transplanted into 45 Gallons up from 20.
I mulched the pot with a thick layer of composted horse/chicken manure. Then placed fencing around.
Today freak weather made temperatures reach 114F in the garden today, all of my plants wilted heavily but I sprayed them with water and shaded them with umbrellas - they are fine!
This plant is strong in every way and I feel will be the largest in the garden.

Attachments

• 20180706_102738.jpg
    20180706_102738.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 58
G

Thanx TT!
Colacalyx,that is a proper beast you got there!

I had to prune the hell out of my Pangi clone ,having serious space issues.She didn't even blink .She's in 7 lts now, I'm gonna give her 18 lts for final pot in 10 days.

ukZbEAj.jpg
JyUTg71.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi, let me get back to PxBH - she is exploding! Yesterday I transplanted into 45 Gallons up from 20.
I mulched the pot with a thick layer of composted horse/chicken manure. Then placed fencing around.
Today freak weather made temperatures reach 114F in the garden today, all of my plants wilted heavily but I sprayed them with water and shaded them with umbrellas - they are fine!
This plant is strong in every way and I feel will be the largest in the garden.

Hi ColaCalyx :)

Your Panama x Bangi Haze looks healthy and with a short node length: a sign that she is receiving tons of light intensity. The plant is probably already rootbounded and with these high temps you may need to water her twice a day: early morning and with the sunset.

California sun can fry an egg in 20 minutes!! :D