What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

Sorry but i don't click on external link.

It's common knowledge that you need to harvest fully ripe buds to enjoy your weed at his best, no need for GHS to discover that :laughing:

When I look at ULM pics all i see is (slightly) overfeed plant (burnt leaf tips, thick dark green leaves),no k deficiency.His plants seems fine as they are to me.

By the way i have grown ethiopian a couple of time, here is a bud picture of a cross i made long time ago:
eth x haze
View Image

that is very beautiful - I have never had a real sativa like that, how was the smoke?

I already do it outside, in the ground but never when it comes to harvest times more when amending the soil before the season start.

But honestly i have a hard time thinking about doing it to potted plants,especially when it's flushing time.
But it's just about me:dunno:

I was talking to the co-founder of TGA subcool seeds and she grows water only in a self-made super soil - her cannabis looks superior as well, might be something you would be interested in?

Limeygreen

Veteran
More than one way to skin a cat, suggestions are always good so people can make informed decisions and do things in their own way and have a continuous learning.

ULMW

May 2017 Harvest Indoors

May 2017 Harvest Indoors

Here is a link to this year's Ethiopian Harvest. Am very happy with the results. 3 wks til primary smoke report and main one later after a cure.
Already smelling fantastic and very resinous! I was treated to that farmers friend Ethiopian Charas after harvesting her.
Temesgen!https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=72250

ULMW

Ethiopian Updates

Ethiopian Updates

Selamta! Greetings again here is a current update on the harvest. Turning out very floral with amazing black currant aromas and a woody oily resinous. Had a test smoke and it is very smooth although a bit green still at this stage. Her high creeps in nicely and hugs my body like Ethiopian sunshine. Will only get better from now onwards. Put the buds into storage now to cure up ready for July to enjoy.

Attachments

• Ethiopian Sativa Buds Curing. .jpg
    Ethiopian Sativa Buds Curing. .jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Ethiopian Sativa Buds From May 2017 Indoor Harvest.jpg
    Ethiopian Sativa Buds From May 2017 Indoor Harvest.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Ethiopian Cob from May 2017 Indoor Harvest.jpg
    Ethiopian Cob from May 2017 Indoor Harvest.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 171
W

Water-

Hi Dubi!

I was wondering if you could tell me which is stronger in terms of THC,
Ethiopian or Green Haze??

thanks

aloha

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazingly high yielding ethiopian ULMW :)
You did a great job getting the best from her!

Wish she provides you with plenty of good quality sativa buds of blissful, positive effects for the upcoming summer time ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi!

I was wondering if you could tell me which is stronger in terms of THC,
Ethiopian or Green Haze??

thanks

aloha
Hi Water,

Both Green Haze and pure Ethiopian provide very uplifting, clear, chatty and positive effects, of similar potency.

I'm about to receive the cannabinoid and terpene analysis of our Green haze and Purple Haze parental plants so if you don't mind i will elaborate a more proper answer to your question regarding THC comparison between both strains in a few days ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A brief text i recently wrote about the ethiopian we have released

A brief text i recently wrote about the ethiopian we have released

Link to the post where i explain with more details how was the selection and breeding process of the ethiopian we have released this year, with cannabinoid and terpene analysis:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7379648&postcount=3

ENJOY FOR THE FIRST TIME OF A TRUE ETHIOPIAN SATIVA EXPERIENCE THANKS TO ACE SEEDS!!

http://www.aceseeds.org/…/st…/pure-stabilized/etiopestd.html

The use of cannabis in Ethiopia dates back at least to the fourteenth century AD, where this plant has been cultivated and used in this country for centuries for religious/ceremonial, medicinal, recreational, and raw material uses.

Although cannabis is linked to Ethiopia around the world, especially since the 1960s, when the Rastafari movement from Jamaica began to promote the return of African Americans to Africa, and more specifically to Ethiopia, which they consider to be their original land, it is also true that Ethiopian sativa varieties are largely unknown in the world of cannabis, since marijuana production in this country is normally consumed locally and in neighboring African countries, and very rarely these Ethiopian sativas have been exported to the West, becoming available in very rare occasions in countries like United Kingdom, although the Ethiopians sativas have been and are still great strangers for the rest of European and American countries.

That's why at ACE Seeds we realized the importance of exploring and preserving the best sativa genetics from Ethiopia, and release them to the general public. For doing this, we started with ethiopian sativa genetics that the already disappeared African Seeds seed bank offered 20 years ago for a short period of time.

We received several reproductions of this ethiopian sativa made by different growers and breeders. In 2015 we decided that it was time to rescue this variety, so we germinated all the different lines of ethiopian sativa that we have conserved for 15 years, in order to be able to realize a true genetic study and a work of preservation and vegetal improvement with this central african sativa, whose fruits of this work have finally led to the possibility that ACE Seeds has launched this pure ethiopian sativa to the market in 2017.

Thanks to all this recent work, ACE Seeds finally offers a true pure landrace sativa from Ethiopia, with the best characteristics offered by these sativas, but improving and refining them (greatly reducing hermaphrodite tendencies and at the same time by selecting the best individuals with higher THC content and terpenes).

The results of the cannabinoid and terpene analyzes performed by ACE Seeds with our best ethiopian parental plants, scientifically shown that the ethiopian sativa we offer produces moderate / high THC content (for a pure landrace sativa) of around 10 % of THC, without CBD, which produces an almost pure THC ratio. Certain amounts of CBG have also been found in this ethiopian sativa. The terpenes consistently found in the Ethiopian are alpha pinene, beta pinene, beta myrcene, trans ocimene, beta caryophyllene, alpha humelene, with variations in d limonene and trans nerolidol among different individuals of the same variety.

ACE Seeds has also shared genetic material from this ethiopian sativa with the US Phylos laboratory to perform genetic tests in order to obtain more information about the origins and genetic relationships of this ethiopian sativa with other african sativa varieties. Phylos genetic study has shown that our ethiopian sativa has a unique genotype (no genetic contamination or influence of modern western genetics), showing some kinship with other african sativas: mainly from Angola, Malawi, Kenya, Ghana, being able to be one of the main sources that would later conform the sativas from Paraguay.

https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/samp…/genotype/4g7j7mg9
https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/samp…/genotype/6g6p6783

www.aceseeds.org

ULMW

Nice report Dubi. Great to learn about the US Phylos test analysis data.
Ethiopia being well known as the craddle of civilization provides a very interesting statement when Ethiopian herb is unrelated to modern western types. Where may I enquire did they report it resembled? Indian hemp? Bit of a chicken and egg equation when geographically the world was once one and began from Ethiopian civilizations. The mystery continues...
Thanks for posting the data and report info it is really useful.

W

Water-

Hi Water,

Both Green Haze and pure Ethiopian provide very uplifting, clear, chatty and positive effects, of similar potency.

I'm about to receive the cannabinoid and terpene analysis of our Green haze and Purple Haze parental plants so if you don't mind i will elaborate a more proper answer to your question regarding THC comparison between both strains in a few days ;)

thanks Dubi!

looking forward to the reports on the green and purple hazes!

much aloha

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being this is a rather raw heirloom would it be possible to find a more potent plant among many, rather than the 10% thc example. Say as high as 15% thc. Might take a hundred or more plants to find it though if it does exist.

I have a low tolerance and 10% would be enough. Just thinking about looking for a more potent pheno or trippy effect.

rolandomota

@ yesum thats exactly what im thinking about more potent more trippy and piney Ask for the cross with malawi at ace's website or zamaldelica cross