What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can Ionic brand Nutrients work for coco-growing?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Can Ionic brand Nutrients work for coco-growing? I have some laying around that I use with my perlite/vermiculite Hempys, but want to switch to coco Hempys. They are Hydro nutes. Thanks for your info gals and guyyys!

W

willyweed

i have read somewhere that it can be done,but you may have to put some additives with it.it is always best to use the specific nutrient with the matching medium for best results . at the price ionic costs (cheap as chips) consistent results are very easy to maintain in my opinion, when using these nutrients .i have found the green fuse adds help also.good luck .willyweed
ps if in doubt try emailing them?

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Green fuse? The nutes seem to be working fine with my perlite/vermiculite Hempys, but am thinking bout using the nutes with coco in a Hempy bucket. Thanks for the info

farmari

Hey Bobbo I know I'm replying late but in case anyone does a search on this, I've done Ionic with coco from veg through flower and was very happy with the results. (just Ionic Grow for veg and Ionic Bloom after the stretch, no additives)

W

willyweed

am going to try this myself for the next few weeks and will get back to you good luck

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I have been using Ionic Grow so far, it seems I think I need to add some caLmaG to the solution as well though. I am going to use the Ionic Bloom in flower with some sort of bud booster additive when it becomes time. Thank you for the info, take care and happy toKin'!!

Medicgray

My friend has been trying to get me to switch to ionic for veg. He loves it in coco. He hasn't gone to it for bloom because he has AN dialed in. But his veg plants are really healthy. uses SOS and local tap water. Hes doin Gsc, lemon haze and afgoo.

Rondon

Ionic is a damn fime one part nutrient..The u.s.a.HDI version of Ionic grow and bloom MIGHT need a cal mag additive when using coco coir as your root medium. Because its a one part the calcium levels might not be adequate for some varieties that like calcium amd magnesium. That being said...ive used Ionic grow and bloom amd nothing else on grows before in Readygro and Canna Coco and had no problems. With 110 ppm tap water and running Ionic between 600 and 850 ppm depending on stage of plant. PH is stable like a rock.It really gets the iron moving when using Fossil Fuel humic acid and with Nitrozime as a weekly foliar in veg. Especailly early veg.

GuyManDude

anything nutes you run in hydro can be used for coco, generally speaking. Granted there are some coco specific nutrients out there. However, I was using AN in coco before there were coco specific nutrients. Just pH to 6.0-6.1 and adjust additives according to what the plant tells you it wants

CalMag

Veteran
I know at least 3 persons that use it in coco, i use the coco version and they use the Hydro version in coco. I think that you will need a bit of calmag in the feed solution, but you will test it. If you see a calcium or magnesium def, then remember to add allways a 0.1 to the solution and check if they are good.

I have but i don't use the flowering bottle, i use have bloombastic for it but i think that if you use What you have then you just need to write down what and how much works for you.

My tap water measure 0.17 EC and i add allways a 0.08 calmag to get a bit "Harder water".. the stimolator from ionic works great too. (But i prefer rhyzo by canna for roots and cannazym)

Rondon

Hell..I just used Cocotek Grow and Bloom A&B Coco specific nutes on rockwool Uni slabs. Besides me not watering enough (they are fine now) Iam about to crop out 5 to 6 pounds on 4 of my Gavita 6/750's. All a coco nute is is slightly higher calcium..magnesium and chealted iron and lower potassium. I can use any brand nute on peat mixes..coco coir or rockwool drip to waste if you give me a clean calibrated EC & pH meter. Easy.