What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica

funkyhorse

I was going to update next week/end of the year in the Zamal comparison thread because a lot of plants are sexing now outdoors at the longest days of the year
This is my Zamal dream, the plants in vegboxes are sexed females, the few males are in another greenhouse. It is first time I keep males outdoors
Zamal dream.jpeg

I would like to add to MadMac comments that Double Zamal, Mango Karut from FTS and Mango Zamal from Mandala they are so similar looking I believe they are all coming from the same original stock and Purple Zamal is very dominant in this cross
Purple Zamal is auto in my environment, same like New Caledonia. For my environment a perfect match would be Zamal x New Caledonia, here outdoors they are both autos and will flower any time of the year, so a cross like this would keep the original auto feature which is very interesting for me. Crossing it to a photoperiod variety I am afraid it will lose its auto property. Auto x auto variety and similar photoperiod x similar photoperiod is more interesting for me than outcrossing auto x photoperiod because it is not clear what kind of photoperiod this last cross will have

Thaidelica is very thai dominant and looks photoperiod
Zamal A seems to come from different stock but it is auto as well and it doesnt seem to be so dominant like the Purple Zamal
So far I have 6 girls sexed and 6 unsexed and checking if they will sex during these 2 weeks which are the longest of the year
Zamal A are all on soil or veg boxes
Zamal A.jpeg

Elite F1 x F2 and F3 Zamal Thai both have the same problems here. They are probably too tamed, I believe there is more Malawi in this crosses so they make fungus too easy here. It is becoming axiomatic at my environment, the more tamed it is, the worst it is. Because they are tamed with desertic varieties which are faster flowering and this is not what I need for my environment, desertic strains which are used for breeding stock designed for lat 50N suffer badly here and ruin the genetics. F3 Zamal Thai I have 4 girls and 2 are still sexing, it is a fungus galore. too much PM. Elite F1 x F2 I have so far 2 girls and 3 more still sexing. It is clearly female dominant all of the Zamal breeders pack
Elite F1 x F2 makes fungus and gets attacked by local fauna
Elite F1 x F2 (4).jpeg

F3 Zamal Thai makes too much PM at this very early stage in a very dry year with draught, same like Elite F1 x F2. And they both make leaves similar to Zamal A
F3 zamal Thai (4).jpeg

Double Zamal I have so far 3 sexes: 7 girls, 2 boys and one LGBT. excellent landrace resistance like Mango Karut and Mango Zamal, they behave so similar it looks like it is all coming from same stock, I am very interested in this stock. Very Purple Zamal dominant. I have girls at 3 different greenhouses with different temperatures and lighting so I hope to get a good idea of what the strain can give
Double zamal on soil
Double zamal.jpeg

Double Zamal on vegboxes with peruvian corn in the back
Double zamal and Perú corn.jpeg

Double zamal LGBT, Mango Zamal I have 5 girls and 5 LGBTs, no pure males at all. It seems very difficult in this line to find pure males, I hope I can get some pollen
Double zamal LGBT.jpeg

Zamal A leaves
Zamal A (2).jpeg

Double Zamal leaf top and Mango Zamal leaf from Mandala bottom for some comparison
Double zamal top mango zamal bottom (2).jpeg

Felices fiestas Dubi! Merry Xmas and happy new year everybody!

goingrey

@funkyhorse That's really interesting with the flowering! How long are your days if you don't mind me asking? I remember reading a paper where they tested different (non-auto) strains and there was a lot of variability, some would flower at 16 hours already and some needed days to be much shorter. You'd think Zamal and its hybrids would be the "much shorter days needed" type, but maybe not?

funkyhorse

@funkyhorse That's really interesting with the flowering! How long are your days if you don't mind me asking? I remember reading a paper where they tested different (non-auto) strains and there was a lot of variability, some would flower at 16 hours already and some needed days to be much shorter. You'd think Zamal and its hybrids would be the "much shorter days needed" type, but maybe not?
Hi there goingrey
I am not that far from the tropic of Capricorn and my sun conditions might be same or even stronger than at the tropic with current UV measures of 11 at the coast on sea level
I have 4 different greenhouses and I am testing the plants in all of them, the greenhouses have different conditions
My longest days are 14hs30min of natural light
I live right on the coast of a big sea and I have one greenhouse which is not covered protected from the coast sunset/sunrise and it gives me from sunrise to sunset one more extra hour of light. I will cover that part with black nylon after this test. The plants in this greenhouse having 1530 hs of light have pistils but are not developing new pistils nor revegging. The others on 1430 are developing new pistils
For comparison, thais or hazes at 1330 hours of light only grow leaves

With Mango Pepper and Mango Karut last season indoors under 16 hours of light a flowered cut took 2 months to reveg. After I finnish the indoor grow I will turn it into a reveg room and I will try revegging on 18/6 to see what happens

One thing is pure Zamal and another thing are hybrids of it. I tried MBS x Zamal and under 16 hours of light indoors it never revegged, it kept flowering. It was the first time I saw it so I discarded the plants
The Zamal A hybrids seem to keep the auto trait at around 50% the others seem photoperiod, not any sign of sex yet. The purple zamal hybrid is purple zamal dominant, 10 plants out of 12 sexed
Pure Zamal outdoors here show sex after 45 days from seed on average. You might have the 40 days plants and the 50+ days ones. The Zamal hybrids leaning to zamal are taking a little longer, maybe an extra week
New Caledonia girls have shown sex after 70 days and are against the sea with the extra light hour too and they still have pistils. I still have the 2 tallest New Caledonia plants unsexed I hope they are boys.

I am sprouting now a few seeds I made last year from the same Mango Pepper mango karut pheno for more testing. It is the cross I made with green haze male and with seedsman haze bx male. If they sex in 45 days from seed outdoors, they are zamal leaning. But I think these crosses will be photoperiod and will sex around autumm equinox. The only way to know is trying, there are no references for this strain outdoors and less for the crosses of it, so we will see soon

Dubi, pure Mauritius is auto or photoperiod?

Last edited:

goingrey

Hi there goingrey
I am not that far from the tropic of Capricorn and my sun conditions might be same or even stronger than at the tropic with current UV measures of 11 at the coast on sea level
I have 4 different greenhouses and I am testing the plants in all of them, the greenhouses have different conditions
My longest days are 14hs30min of natural light
I live right on the coast of a big sea and I have one greenhouse which is not covered protected from the coast sunset/sunrise and it gives me from sunrise to sunset one more extra hour of light. I will cover that part with black nylon after this test. The plants in this greenhouse having 1530 hs of light have pistils but are not developing new pistils nor revegging. The others on 1430 are developing new pistils
For comparison, thais or hazes at 1330 hours of light only grow leaves

With Mango Pepper and Mango Karut last season indoors under 16 hours of light a flowered cut took 2 months to reveg. After I finnish the indoor grow I will turn it into a reveg room and I will try revegging on 18/6 to see what happens

One thing is pure Zamal and another thing are hybrids of it. I tried MBS x Zamal and under 16 hours of light indoors it never revegged, it kept flowering. It was the first time I saw it so I discarded the plants
The Zamal A hybrids seem to keep the auto trait at around 50% the others seem photoperiod, not any sign of sex yet. The purple zamal hybrid is purple zamal dominant, 10 plants out of 12 sexed
Pure Zamal outdoors here show sex after 45 days from seed on average. You might have the 40 days plants and the 50+ days ones. The Zamal hybrids leaning to zamal are taking a little longer, maybe an extra week
New Caledonia girls have shown sex after 70 days and are against the sea with the extra light hour too and they still have pistils. I still have the 2 tallest New Caledonia plants unsexed I hope they are boys.

I am sprouting now a few seeds I made last year from the same Mango Pepper mango karut pheno for more testing. It is the cross I made with green haze male and with seedsman haze bx male. If they sex in 45 days from seed outdoors, they are zamal leaning. But I think these crosses will be photoperiod and will sex around autumm equinox. The only way to know is trying, there are no references for this strain outdoors and less for the crosses of it, so we will see soon

Dubi, pure Mauritius is auto or photoperiod?
Now that you mention it I do seem to recall reading about the original Cristophe/GN Zamal having auto tendencies.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
hello,
well i'll have a few quotes from Zamal when i'll first discovered it i'll did a huge research...
think i'll also posted it here somewhere...

most important from Gerrit:
I've grown approx 30 Zamal that Gypsy gave me approx 5 years ago.

The initial germination rate wasn't very high but raised above 90% after I "cracked" the shell's.

Sadly, I only got 2 males that reverted in to females before I could collect any pollen so I could not preserve the Zamal in it's pure form.

The most common phenotype was a lanky/branchy Sativa with loose buds that had a soft carrot aroma and little to zero trichome production on the leaves but abundant on the flowers.

The flowering times did vary a lot but I suspect that much of the variation occurred because of a difference in the "age trigger", so its probably more a difference in the "on-set" of flowering than a difference in the duration of flowering.

There where 2 exceptions to the rule namely:

A) Standard growing pattern but with the carrot aroma intensified in a way that it became more of a peppery smell (I hope this makes sense).

B) A more upright growing pattern with slightly more firm long "foxtail" cola's, but with the same carrot aroma as the others.
This one also had the longest flowering period (17 weeks).
The high that they produce is a bit to much Sativa for my liking, same goes for the crosses made with it. (I'm having enough trouble to keep focus as is)

Both types above where used in a test cross with the Warlock and given out as free-packs (most of them in Spain).

Although I was quite happy with the performance of the A-line I decided not to offer/market it for commercial reasons.

The B-line did not "improve" much compared to it's Zamal mother aside the fact that the males found among them where stable (did not change in to female).

The growing pattern that hieagle420 describes (branches sagging down and then growing upwards again) sounds like the A-line and is coming from the Zamal mother.

Maybe some people remember, I was kidding around presenting it as "Cannabis Asparagus" at the HTCC '02 or '03.

Zamal is the name of marijuana on the Reunion Island, near Madagascar.

The name Zamal actually regroups more than 250 different strains.

When the island was discovered, in the 17th century, sedds from france were brought, and then from the countries the people who live there originate from: mostly chinese, lebanese, madagascar, sri lanka, south india.

Therefore, this little tropical island which name stands for "reunion of all the people" has seen these different strains, indica and sativa, mix and devellop for years.

Hybrids have been develloped by nature (wind) for more than two centuries.

You can actually find some strains that will definitely remind you of famous north american or dutch indoor strains.

strains: the most common strains are :
"mangue carotte" : "mango-carots", green/orange buds that taste like mango and carots
"rougail-zourite": "poulp dish": a grey sticky sativa/indica mix , insane.

The top connoisseur weed will sound weird to ya'll: it's called "sekopie", wich means "dry on plant" .The older countrymen grow it.It is a branch that was left on the plant once it is mature, drought on the plant, in the sun for between 1 year to sometimes 5 years.This turns into brown buds that turn into dust when you grind them.The smoke is the most amazing thing one can imagine, and the effect can't be described.Priceless stuff.

way of life: people are allowed to grow one plant per house on the reunion island.Weed is a gift of God.God gives men seeds, all man has to do is cast the seeds in a good ground (volcanic) and let nature do its work.The best weed is the one that was not touched nor fertilized by man during its whole life.When they hear about our HPSs and fertilizers stuff, they laugh a lot.

Most #1 tunes in the charts there are about growing and smoking weed, about thanking God for this present etc

Zamal Mango Carrot
* Unusual, complex, psychedlic high
The Zamal is quite simply a legend locally, everyone who I've shared her with enjoyed her immensely and reagrds her as something very special and out of the ordinary. When you first smoke the Zamal buds the rich, complex taste and the uplifting sativa high immediately tell you that she is a very nice sativa smoke. At this point, she seems quite strong, but nothing unusual. Fast forward 1 or 2 hours and you suddenly realise that reality has altered, that you are indeed very high and the owrld is an amusing, strange place, you find yourself talking complete nonsense and people around you become charicatures, it can be like being inside a cartoon show. It;s hard to describe the effects with any great accuracy or detail as they are so complex that they vary from smoke to smoke and from person to person, but one thing is certain, Zamal can give you a truly psychedelic experience and that is somethingi have searched for in a bud for a very long time, I have smoked Mexicans and Thais that could have similar effects to some of the effects I have had from Zamal, but they tend to be one-dimensional, the Zamal is a whole cornucopia of different feelings and effects. I think this is probably a case of a number of very fine sativas from India, Thailand and Africa combining to produce a mega hybrid. I suppose it is quite reasonable to assume that if you took a bunch of Malawi Gold, Chocolate Thai, Keralan sativa, Durban Poison, Swazi Red etc. and grew them in large numbers in a perfect climate for many, many generations, applying the most basic of selection - sowing only the seeds from the best plants from last year's harvest, then the result would be an amazingly complex blend of different sativas. That is how Zamal came about, and with it's complex genetic heritage, it's not surprising it has a complex effect!

Haze is the result of humans taking the very finest sativas and crossing them selecting over generations, Zamal is also the result of crossing the very finest sativas, but with the selection done by nature, the plants that could grow and mature in their new location being those that through natural selection survived and passed their genes on to subsequent generations.

Zamal on La Reunion
index.php.jpg

index.php.jpg

@funkyhorse
yes auto tendencies in booth Zamal 75% & Caledonia #23

Zamal (FT) x OHz is a perfect match for your climate ...
cheers
M.

funkyhorse

@MadMac

Zamal is very good for resistance against bugs. Ants dont eat it and mammals and reptils dont prey on it, certainly it is good for my environment, much better than other strains
I am currently sprouting here from same mother Mango pepper(Mango Karut pheno) x Smoh BX and x Oldtimer Green Haze male 2 which was a special male for testing side by side together with the rest.
I will post later in the comparison thread
Zamal x Smoh and Zamal x Green Haze.jpeg
I am also sprouting Mauritius x Ethiopian to have a wider range of Zamal so there will be a total of 10 Zamal varieties crosses and neighbours in the test comparison grow
M x E (2).jpeg

It is very curious the ganja from the french colonies at tropic of capricorn are both autos. Paraguayan at the same latitude was not auto but with the current hybrids they have 3 harvests a year in Paraguay...
For me it's a very nice surprise these auto tendencies.
Happy summer solstice for southern hemisphere growers and happy winter solstice to northern growers.

tjmccoy

Veteran
Here’s a little update on my vertical, sip sativa grow… We have 6 remaining Zam females at 3.5 weeks from flip to 11/13. 3 Malawi female and 4 HxP, they are all Sharing the 90 gallon bed,

Pic 1 is Malawi on the left and Zam on the right. It’s nice to see the 2 next to each other, the Malawi pure foliage has a different brownish green look to it almost like a light coating of motor oil 🤷‍♂️ This Zam may have some of its Zamal influence

Pic 5 is something kinda in between all of them

Pic 6 is a lanky tropical looking pheno, looking Thai to me, height wise right up there with the HxP, It is showing N excess clawing like the HxP, Just trying to work through that, they are flowering profusely. The Malawi and most of the Zams are handling the the N well. Seems the more tropical the pheno the more sensitivity to excess N

Pic 3 & 4 is 2 very tight internode phenos, flowering well, didn’t expect such compact plants from a sativa hybrid like this.

I culled 2 herms…

I’m not exactly sure how all this is going to work out, I’ve made mistakes but even if I just get a taste of some of these it will be worth it. So many years drooling over these strains ace forums and here they are alive with me today. I’m over the moon excited! Have a great night 🌙

B2EE5F74-3ED7-4C59-B6AF-A422ED612434.jpeg

Attachments

• 90A7D1A0-2AC8-4A0E-AB8B-266FD816BF95.jpeg
    90A7D1A0-2AC8-4A0E-AB8B-266FD816BF95.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 92
  • 51C43470-0EC2-4856-AB80-E0D11961313B.png
    51C43470-0EC2-4856-AB80-E0D11961313B.png
    5 MB · Views: 94
  • FAFE6684-59CF-400C-842D-140CD9FC816A.jpeg
    FAFE6684-59CF-400C-842D-140CD9FC816A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
  • 4E4B045E-93F1-4E5F-A1A7-1877B2097184.jpeg
    4E4B045E-93F1-4E5F-A1A7-1877B2097184.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • 13003E45-3BE6-4DBB-841B-54515FF054DA.jpeg
    13003E45-3BE6-4DBB-841B-54515FF054DA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
  • 5D9A3169-4A8A-46CA-A9D4-EA2599B42894.png
    5D9A3169-4A8A-46CA-A9D4-EA2599B42894.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Crowned

Here are my Zamaldelicas ( and a Tikal in top left corner) at day 35 of 11/13
FB2BCE62-3812-4A71-870F-7336B7448E95.jpeg
Zamaldelica #1 (bottom right) looks likes it farthest along and has a nice citrus/ tropical fruit smell.
image.jpg

Zamaldelica #3 (Bottom left) Is taking its time and still popping out white pistils. It has a woody earth smell. The resin is slowly growing! image.jpg

NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT!

Zamaldelica #2 is my lankiest plant and like it’s sisters in this tent she hadn’t been that stinky until a few days ago. Yesterday I was sniffing her after watering and the scent hit me.

MANGO!
861C5952-F096-4682-AD98-C01584283D01.jpeg

Now I’ve eaten a lot of mangoes In my life and I can tell you exactly what kind of mango it smells like.

EE138152-80A3-4DB6-AEDF-BFF7DC4EA1DF.jpeg

Haitian Mango for sure! Everytime I open the back of the tent I’m overcome by the scent. The scent isn’t entirely sweet though, it has slight sour twist. It kinda smells like a Haitian mango gone bad.

Alright I think I’ve said enough, if any one knows what expressions I have I would love to know .

OZZ_

Veteran
View attachment 18802049
Zamaldelica #1 (bottom right) looks likes it farthest along and has a nice citrus/ tropical fruit smell. View attachment 18802057
Zamaldelica #3 (Bottom left) Is taking its time and still popping out white pistils. It has a woody earth smell. The resin is slowly growing! View attachment 18802058

NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT!

Zamaldelica #2 is my lankiest plant and like it’s sisters in this tent she hadn’t been that stinky until a few days ago. Yesterday I was sniffing her after watering and the scent hit me.

MANGO!
View attachment 18802059

Now I’ve eaten a lot of mangoes In my life and I can tell you exactly what kind of mango it smells like.

View attachment 18802061

Haitian Mango for sure! Everytime I open the back of the tent I’m overcome by the scent. The scent isn’t entirely sweet though, it has slight sour twist. It kinda smells like a Haitian mango gone bad.

Alright I think I’ve said enough, if any one knows what expressions I have I would love to know .

They look beautiful man great job! 🤘🤘🤘

tjmccoy

Veteran
Zam Reg Pheno 8 Weeks from flip @ 11hrs, hps/cmh - veg 3 weeks @ 14hrs mh/cmh, about 50 inch tall

This one is turning out to be a beautiful chunky vigorous pheno! Looks like she would yield the most of the Zam’s so far. She’s always had these flowing droopy leaves. The long pistils are in a fan shape like long eyelashes. The colas are bigger than pop cans. I will def get some better non hps pics soon! I’ve got my eye on this one! 👀

85F35109-4F33-4B3E-80B1-9B7B953A57D8.jpeg
61DA9ACF-EC4F-4454-80DA-FA39D02F07B9.jpeg

OntologicalTurn

Hi Dubi, can you tell us something about the Zamaldelica F2 x Purple Haze in your research and development project? Recently I bought some seeds and I would like to know what I can expect from them, and what are their main differences (apart from color and price, more cultivation and effects) with the Zamaldelica F2 x Green Haze. I understand that the Zamaldelica F2 is the wildest expression of this variety, and with my limited experience with the feminizadal Zamaldelicas found clear differences between phenotypes, a much longer one, with more mango tarpenos and ramifications, and another much shorter flowering And also much shorter and with less stretch. So I imagine that it should be put on this variety in June-August in Mexican latitudes?

Last edited:

OntologicalTurn

View attachment 18802049
Zamaldelica #1 (bottom right) looks likes it farthest along and has a nice citrus/ tropical fruit smell. View attachment 18802057
Zamaldelica #3 (Bottom left) Is taking its time and still popping out white pistils. It has a woody earth smell. The resin is slowly growing! View attachment 18802058

NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT!

MANGO!
View attachment 18802059

View attachment 18802061

for me it was more like Manila mango, but maybe it's the same mango, but in mexico we call it different

OntologicalTurn

hello,
well i'll have a few quotes from Zamal when i'll first discovered it i'll did a huge research...
think i'll also posted it here somewhere...

most important from Gerrit:
I've grown approx 30 Zamal that Gypsy gave me approx 5 years ago.

The initial germination rate wasn't very high but raised above 90% after I "cracked" the shell's.

Sadly, I only got 2 males that reverted in to females before I could collect any pollen so I could not preserve the Zamal in it's pure form.

The most common phenotype was a lanky/branchy Sativa with loose buds that had a soft carrot aroma and little to zero trichome production on the leaves but abundant on the flowers.

The flowering times did vary a lot but I suspect that much of the variation occurred because of a difference in the "age trigger", so its probably more a difference in the "on-set" of flowering than a difference in the duration of flowering.

There where 2 exceptions to the rule namely:

A) Standard growing pattern but with the carrot aroma intensified in a way that it became more of a peppery smell (I hope this makes sense).

B) A more upright growing pattern with slightly more firm long "foxtail" cola's, but with the same carrot aroma as the others.
This one also had the longest flowering period (17 weeks).
The high that they produce is a bit to much Sativa for my liking, same goes for the crosses made with it. (I'm having enough trouble to keep focus as is)

Both types above where used in a test cross with the Warlock and given out as free-packs (most of them in Spain).

Although I was quite happy with the performance of the A-line I decided not to offer/market it for commercial reasons.

The B-line did not "improve" much compared to it's Zamal mother aside the fact that the males found among them where stable (did not change in to female).

The growing pattern that hieagle420 describes (branches sagging down and then growing upwards again) sounds like the A-line and is coming from the Zamal mother.

Maybe some people remember, I was kidding around presenting it as "Cannabis Asparagus" at the HTCC '02 or '03.

Zamal is the name of marijuana on the Reunion Island, near Madagascar.

The name Zamal actually regroups more than 250 different strains.

When the island was discovered, in the 17th century, sedds from france were brought, and then from the countries the people who live there originate from: mostly chinese, lebanese, madagascar, sri lanka, south india.

Therefore, this little tropical island which name stands for "reunion of all the people" has seen these different strains, indica and sativa, mix and devellop for years.

Hybrids have been develloped by nature (wind) for more than two centuries.

You can actually find some strains that will definitely remind you of famous north american or dutch indoor strains.

strains: the most common strains are :
"mangue carotte" : "mango-carots", green/orange buds that taste like mango and carots
"rougail-zourite": "poulp dish": a grey sticky sativa/indica mix , insane.

The top connoisseur weed will sound weird to ya'll: it's called "sekopie", wich means "dry on plant" .The older countrymen grow it.It is a branch that was left on the plant once it is mature, drought on the plant, in the sun for between 1 year to sometimes 5 years.This turns into brown buds that turn into dust when you grind them.The smoke is the most amazing thing one can imagine, and the effect can't be described.Priceless stuff.

way of life: people are allowed to grow one plant per house on the reunion island.Weed is a gift of God.God gives men seeds, all man has to do is cast the seeds in a good ground (volcanic) and let nature do its work.The best weed is the one that was not touched nor fertilized by man during its whole life.When they hear about our HPSs and fertilizers stuff, they laugh a lot.

Most #1 tunes in the charts there are about growing and smoking weed, about thanking God for this present etc

Zamal Mango Carrot
* Unusual, complex, psychedlic high
The Zamal is quite simply a legend locally, everyone who I've shared her with enjoyed her immensely and reagrds her as something very special and out of the ordinary. When you first smoke the Zamal buds the rich, complex taste and the uplifting sativa high immediately tell you that she is a very nice sativa smoke. At this point, she seems quite strong, but nothing unusual. Fast forward 1 or 2 hours and you suddenly realise that reality has altered, that you are indeed very high and the owrld is an amusing, strange place, you find yourself talking complete nonsense and people around you become charicatures, it can be like being inside a cartoon show. It;s hard to describe the effects with any great accuracy or detail as they are so complex that they vary from smoke to smoke and from person to person, but one thing is certain, Zamal can give you a truly psychedelic experience and that is somethingi have searched for in a bud for a very long time, I have smoked Mexicans and Thais that could have similar effects to some of the effects I have had from Zamal, but they tend to be one-dimensional, the Zamal is a whole cornucopia of different feelings and effects. I think this is probably a case of a number of very fine sativas from India, Thailand and Africa combining to produce a mega hybrid. I suppose it is quite reasonable to assume that if you took a bunch of Malawi Gold, Chocolate Thai, Keralan sativa, Durban Poison, Swazi Red etc. and grew them in large numbers in a perfect climate for many, many generations, applying the most basic of selection - sowing only the seeds from the best plants from last year's harvest, then the result would be an amazingly complex blend of different sativas. That is how Zamal came about, and with it's complex genetic heritage, it's not surprising it has a complex effect!

Haze is the result of humans taking the very finest sativas and crossing them selecting over generations, Zamal is also the result of crossing the very finest sativas, but with the selection done by nature, the plants that could grow and mature in their new location being those that through natural selection survived and passed their genes on to subsequent generations.

Zamal on La Reunion
View attachment 18794103

View attachment 18794104

@funkyhorse
yes auto tendencies in booth Zamal 75% & Caledonia #23

Zamal (FT) x OHz is a perfect match for your climate ...
cheers
M.
I bought some zamal kalite tizane seeds last year from french touch -Bourbon collective, sadly only one germinated, and it was a hermaphrodite. I really wanted to try that variety.

tjmccoy

Veteran
Zamaldelica Reg 9 weeks @ 11hrs 1600w cmh/hps, veg 3 wks @ 14hrs cmh

I did a thing and decided to chop one early, it could have gone another week but I don’t have any good stash right now so I just chopped one as a peace offering to myself. Can’t drool over these any longer. I’ll take the others to full maturity!

Out of 10 seeds, 6 fem, 3 intersexed males discarded, 1 culled early at germination, out of the 6 females, 3 are very compact like this one. 3 are very tall vigorous hybrid phenos.

This one was the most compact of the entire grow, less than 24 inches tall comming out even shorter than the 3 Malawi’s! I would have never thought a sativa hybrid like this could produce such compact plants? How does that happen? This one has a slightly sweet carrot smell and fine resin. Early sampling I can already feel the effects, I’m getting a buzzy feeling around my face lol

I could see the value of these compact ones here, these could have done better with a longer veg and probably the 12/12 cycle vs 11/13, would probably be awesome for Sea of Green style or even growing with compact indicas. For me I’m more into the vigorous tall hybrid longer flowering types so I probably won’t be keeping any of these compact ones. I want to select for similar structure to my other plants so they are more easily manageable in a multi variety grow.

I’ve been posting a lot, just excited to finally have something to show instead of just lurking 👀

Have a great evening!

559179FC-D262-4DCB-88A2-0C201E0D389D.jpeg
DB7D8BAA-D3E0-41B4-9629-6D275BDAA891.png
2173A645-21CB-45F0-8FD3-0D1E8914E233.jpeg

Attachments

• 332B414A-7FE3-4DE7-8C66-1BA17D797EA6.jpeg
    332B414A-7FE3-4DE7-8C66-1BA17D797EA6.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

tjmccoy

Veteran
Zamaldelica Reg 9 wks @ 11hrs

These are the 2 that are really standing out to me! This one is getting so fat and wild looking! What a beauty! Could this be a hybrid vigor Thai like Pheno? I don’t see much Malawi influence on either of these 2 🤷‍♂️

0D70BC93-C71D-414A-83CA-F4D1D0D6185D.png

67C7F61D-3257-4658-9307-EDB8E7D3D6F4.png

This one is what I had in mind when I thought of growing this strain! It’s straight up sweet mango! Still several weeks to go! Could this be zamal leaning pheno? Sure looks like some of the pics I’ve seen from la reunion.

1ABDC5D8-D3BE-4247-96EF-13807EBE6F60.jpeg

3C056DC9-C443-4C58-91F9-8178FDF0CF20.png

Peace ✌️

Last edited:

OZZ_

Veteran
Zamaldelica Reg 9 wks @ 11hrs

These are the 2 that are really standing out to me! This one is getting so fat and wild looking! What a beauty! Could this be a hybrid vigor Thai like Pheno? I don’t see much Malawi influence on either of these 2 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 18806660
View attachment 18806661

This one is what I had in mind when I thought of growing this strain! It’s straight up sweet mango carrot! Still several weeks to go! Could this be zamal leaning pheno? Sure looks like some of the pics I’ve seen from la reunion.

View attachment 18806662
View attachment 18806663

Peace ✌️

Beauties!! Best of luck with them!

tjmccoy

Veteran
Beauties!! Best of luck with them!

Thanks Ozz! Best of luck on your Zam pheno hunt! I hope to be making Zam F2’s and joining the hunt! When I think about all the amazing pheno’s that came out of poly hybrids like Jack H, or even Dj short stuff! There has to be some real jewels in here and I love that these are all sativa and don’t have the typical affy skunk like everything else! I’ll be watching your ventures and especially got my eye on that 75% zamal of yours! Be cool 😎

Latest posts

Latest posts