What's new

Archive Seed CO

hamstring

Veteran
Hello all

A fellow member told me about Face Off OG from Archive seeds and I am looking to buy some beans. Archive had a BX2 but its sold out and I dont think they are bringing it back.

What they have now and its labeled differently at different seed vendors who carry Archive seeds. One company had it labeled IX(Face off BX2)IX3.

First, what does that mean ?

Second is anyone familiar with Archive Seed Co.?

The seeds are $250.00 for 12 regular seeds. When you can find them. I dont mind throwing that down if these are anything like what their Face Off OG BX2 was. Never smoked it personally but the reviews I read and the info from a respected grower here were pretty good.

Happy Times

No personal experience but their stuff does look solid, wanted to run the Face Off Bx for a while, and also the Casper

Buddy is running LemonHeads and seems happy with it, he said it’s a Lemon G leaner and a huge yielder. Just chopped so jury still out on the smoke

hamstring

Veteran
Sunshine

Hey brother thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate the feedback. Really looking to try the faceoff OG but the BX2 seems to be gone.

Any idea what IX3 means?

hamstring

Veteran
No personal experience but their stuff does look solid, wanted to run the Face Off Bx for a while, and also the Casper

Buddy is running LemonHeads and seems happy with it, he said it’s a Lemon G leaner and a huge yielder. Just chopped so jury still out on the smoke

Cool thanks for the feedback.

Kijell

Hey mate I have been running some Archive Seeds over the last year and they were the best plants, they are really good. Top 3 Breeder for sure.
Moonbow Hybrids were insane flavourful and tasty.
Now Rocket Fuel seems to be going the most frostiest plants I ever had.
Do-Si-Dos Hybrids are also awesome, these were my favourites of all the cookies hybrids I have grown and that were a few! :)
All contain Face Off Bx 2 as male so it seems to be a good breeding tool.
That might also be a reason why he wont release the Face Off anymore in pure regular seed form.
You also cant obtain the clone from them right now as far as I know.

I think I read somewhere on american forum that he might do a new Face Off Bx3 in far future but it is not on his priorities.
But you get really good seeds for your money so I can recommend growing a strain from Archive! :tiphat:

eyesdownchronic

Hello all

A fellow member told me about Face Off OG from Archive seeds and I am looking to buy some beans. Archive had a BX2 but its sold out and I dont think they are bringing it back.

What they have now and its labeled differently at different seed vendors who carry Archive seeds. One company had it labeled IX(Face off BX2)IX3.

First, what does that mean ?

Second is anyone familiar with Archive Seed Co.?

The seeds are $250.00 for 12 regular seeds. When you can find them. I dont mind throwing that down if these are anything like what their Face Off OG BX2 was. Never smoked it personally but the reviews I read and the info from a respected grower here were pretty good.

the IX3 refers to a third incross. so pretty much archive took some seeds from the bx2 and crossed a male and female making the face off IX, then recrossed that to make the IX2, and again to make the IX3. could be denoted as face off bx2 f3. if you want the face off I think its safe to jump on that, may even be better than the original bx2.

LostTribe

Premium user
I ran a pack of Archive Valley Girl ( Old OG Cut from San Fernando Valley x Face Off OG) only got males. I was pissed but did use one selected male on a few plants. I did IHG crystal cookies and this Cinderella #1.

Cindy Kush
picture.php

Has a sweet skunky smell and I only ran out one plant. I see some Cindy in there but the skunkiness must come from the other side. Its stoney too so that also comes from the Valley side. Slows you down vs the speed of the Cindy.

Best
LT

hamstring

Veteran
Damn, I appreciate the feedback and your experience with his gear. I saw that face off was in many of the crosses. I am assuming for the potency. Thats what I am after myself.

Hey mate I have been running some Archive Seeds over the last year and they were the best plants, they are really good. Top 3 Breeder for sure.
Moonbow Hybrids were insane flavourful and tasty.
Now Rocket Fuel seems to be going the most frostiest plants I ever had.
Do-Si-Dos Hybrids are also awesome, these were my favourites of all the cookies hybrids I have grown and that were a few! :)
All contain Face Off Bx 2 as male so it seems to be a good breeding tool.
That might also be a reason why he wont release the Face Off anymore in pure regular seed form.
You also cant obtain the clone from them right now as far as I know.

I think I read somewhere on american forum that he might do a new Face Off Bx3 in far future but it is not on his priorities.
But you get really good seeds for your money so I can recommend growing a strain from Archive! :tiphat:

hamstring

Veteran
the IX3 refers to a third incross. so pretty much archive took some seeds from the bx2 and crossed a male and female making the face off IX, then recrossed that to make the IX2, and again to make the IX3. could be denoted as face off bx2 f3. if you want the face off I think its safe to jump on that, may even be better than the original bx2.

Ok thats what I was looking for. I understand BX but wasn't sure and didnt want to throw down the $250 with doing my research.

Thanks brother much appreciated.

hamstring

Veteran
I ran a pack of Archive Valley Girl ( Old OG Cut from San Fernando Valley x Face Off OG) only got males. I was pissed but did use one selected male on a few plants. I did IHG crystal cookies and this Cinderella #1.

Cindy Kush
View Image

Has a sweet skunky smell and I only ran out one plant. I see some Cindy in there but the skunkiness must come from the other side. Its stoney too so that also comes from the Valley side. Slows you down vs the speed of the Cindy.

Best
LT

Vey nice, thanks for the pics and the info.

hamstring

Veteran
It takes a lot to get more than moths out of my wallet but with everyones help I am really considering this purchase. Thanks everyone

Still hoping to keep the thread alive long enough to get someone who has grown the Face Off OG.

I have the heard the potency is top notch. When you read a review of a 50 something dude ( like myself) who says hes been smoking for his whole adult life and this strain was a knock out I want to try it out myself. I have a pretty big tolerance and had been taking tincture only. I miss smoking good weed.

MoonrockMyco

The difference between the FaceOff OG BX2 and the FaceOff OG bx2IX3 is that they took a male and female from the bx2 stock and bred them, creating an “inbred line” or “IX3” meaning inbred 3 times. The BX2’s are just BX2’s, lineage being (FaceOff OG #4 X {FaceOff OG #4 X Manic}). Hope this helps. Just finished growing out one pheno of the BX2’s and would HIGHLY reccomend getting those or the IX3’s. Straight gas and lime on an OG frame. In the pic of the tent it’s the one in the front left!

Attachments

• 9E679FC8-CA3B-4A50-B87F-725A9676E16C.jpeg
    9E679FC8-CA3B-4A50-B87F-725A9676E16C.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 0D194C09-193F-4BEB-B311-817FE53AF8CC.jpeg
    0D194C09-193F-4BEB-B311-817FE53AF8CC.jpeg
    644.6 KB · Views: 74
  • D6599C3F-5E4B-48E6-9642-FFBEB4E923B5.jpeg
    D6599C3F-5E4B-48E6-9642-FFBEB4E923B5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 70

sticking

I personally have bad experience from Archive. Got the strain Yuck Mouth from them around 4 years ago. It was supposed to be GMO x Dosidos 18 and according to the description it should be GMO dominant in terms of terps. However, it was just straigt OG in smell and effect altough the yield and structure was better, absolutely no hint of the nasty terps it was supposed to be. Have no experience with other GMO strains but have grown Chem D and know the nastyness you get from it well. Must have been a mixup or an untested seedline.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts