What's new

ECSD - advice for growing properly

D3pthCharg3

Greetings and blessings everyone,

I'm soon starting my third run of the ECSD cutting. I have heard that this is one of those plants that is lack-luster unless grown to full potential. The first two runs would have been given the grades "D" and "C-", if they were being graded in school and I were the teacher. I am an experienced organic gardener (I say this with humility and just to give context to those who don't know me), and have always heard this is a 'challenging' plant to grow. Now, after two unsuccessful attempts I am seeking the advice of those with more experience. I know there are other threads on ECSD, but I'm not looking to confirm/debate if the cut is authentic, or argue which cutting is the best, etc.; but instead looking for growing advice specifically - any tips, suggestions, must-dos and must-not-dos, etc.

Can anyone please offer me some assistance with this challenging lady?

Thanks everyone, and blessings into the new year:thank you:

Grapefruitroop

Im running some SD phenos too..
I think one could be that top her as much as you can and hardcore pruning of all the small flower sites from the base to the almost a little bit over the light reaches helps a lot to get solid monster buds.....Sd's has the tendency to get fluffy otherwise....

I use Led but if I was with HIDs I would use an MH to flower and try to reduce stretch as much as I could....
:tiphat:

Attachments

• BarberCuT2.jpg
    BarberCuT2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 30

mack 10

Veteran
Get your feeding dialed.
She don't like cold feet.
Mix half veg/bllom nutes till week 4/5.
keep below 25.c at all times.
Keep medium stable as long bloomer @11/12 weeks for the kill.
Do not cut early.
It has to be ripe for that true Sour!

JetLife175

Veteran
She likes a little N while flowering. I always add 1ml of whatever your veg nute is up to 3 weeks of flower, that’s all run dependent though. Sometimes shorter. Never longer.

She likes a little N while flowering. I always add 1ml of whatever your veg nute is up to 3 weeks of flower, that’s all run dependent though. Sometimes shorter. Never longer.
I’m growing in fresh batch of soil with lots of quality EWC so I hope the N is covered for now. I’m in day 8 of flip.

JetLife175

Veteran
I’m growing in fresh batch of soil with lots of quality EWC so I hope the N is covered for now. I’m in day 8 of flip.

ECSD loves the GH Lucas method.

The micro is what I will use to feed N in flower.

I literally only use GH these days when running sour. Everything else gets my new lineup.