What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RECENT interesting findings

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you test the living plant for terpenes at 2 weeks flowering, 4, weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, you will see changes in the terpene profile and %'s.
The same if you dry the harvested plant for 2 weeks, test it, then box and cure it for a few months then test it again, then remove the dry sift resin and test it. At each stage the results are different, once all the terpenes are present in the flowers the more volatile mono-terpenes can be easily lost by age, heat, handling. Processing also allows the terpenes to be altered into other terpenes or breakdown artifacts.
All that said if you test dry flowers terpenes and the same clone dry sifted test the resin terpenes they are very similar, the dry sift has lost addition mono-terpenes but it is just resin so the terpenes are higher then in the bud.
The two terpene analysis below, the first is Skunk #1 bud, the second Skunk #1 dry sifted resin.
-SamS

The dramatic loss of limonene with slight increase of myrcene is a bummer!

SamS, is there any profile change in dry sift? It doesn't seem like there should be, but I am getting used to being surprised by the results of careful testing!

Attachments

• SKUNK#1BUD essential oil pg. B1.jpg
    SKUNK#1BUD essential oil pg. B1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 28
  • SK#1hash essent.oil pg.2.jpg
    SK#1hash essent.oil pg.2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
In my experience PM is linked to WLD varieties and their hybrids. (Wide Leaf Drug)
Use NLD varieties as they have lots of natural resistance to PM.
You can attempt to find WLD hybrid varieties that have higher resistance, I suspect it will not be easy. Some terpene expressions seem linked to higher or lower resistance also.
Good luck.
-SamS

I would think a Thai would be ideal. They tolerate extreme RH.
Then cube until resistance is lost and go back one seed gen. I feel the resistance may "stick" even leaned out.

PM resistant OG cultivars will be highly sought after.

So a Thai x OG and then BX. I know A chap who has perpetual PM. They use 3ml H2O2 per gallon...every 3 days?!
Well it dosen't work. But it's one of those "I've been growing 30 years!" guys. Done learning.

Well what I am getting at is it is a perfect test site as it is infected always!!

led05

Chasing The Present
In my experience PM is linked to WLD varieties and their hybrids. (Wide Leaf Drug)
You can attempt to find WLD hybrid varieties that have higher resistance, I suspect it will not be easy. Some terpene expressions seem linked to higher or lower resistance also.
Good luck.
-SamS

Sam, this is very interesting...

Would you care to share which terpenes or combos of them prove resistant to PM, is it more a NLD Vs WLD thing or more which terpenes are present type of thing in each respective plants ?

Many thanks

MountZionCollec

I believe pm resistance more has to do with its specific genetics, then second would be NLD over WLD, and then potentially terpenes.

On plants that I select resistance for in the field at 4000' altitude (bad area for pm) who have resin/terpenes on them are also resistance in the cutting room and in the greenhouse when flowers and resin are basically entirely gone. I notice PM more when it's cold and wet (under 60 degrees).

I have noticed some mothers that were more resistant in the field with resin on them, and then in the cutting room or mother greenhouse they might develop a tiny spot. So maybe in that case it was the terpene combo that helped? I don't know it's hard to say because the mother that was next to that one in the field and smells identical (actually maybe slightly less stinky then the one that is more susceptible) so again to me the resistance factor seems to come down to individual plant genetics.

Skunk #1 is WLD in effect isn't it? Mostly myrcene? And that's very resistant to pm. All the crosses I am growing from skunk #1 have high pm resistance, the only ones that do not are the poly hybrids with skunk #1 like in the Haze 5*(Ohaze skunk #1) or the Hindu Kush*pog both are susceptible to pm, though I did select for resistant mothers and it was not easy.

The sleeskunks are all resistant, same with white Rhino*skunks. Same with Mexican*Ohaze*(ohaze*skunk), cannabiogen Panama is resistance, while cannabiogens destroyer while 100% sativa (Thai*columbian*mexican) was quite susceptible to pm. I grew fem seeds so maybe the regular are good. Though the best mother I found is to quite resistant/tolerant to pm.

With some of cannabiogens landrace genetics I have found resistance as well, like in the Pakistan chitral Kush which is a pure hash plant but probably a mix of NLD and WLD genes from the region.

In my opinion PM is mostly due to how it was bred and selected and in what environment. If someone is breeding indoors while using fungicides and polyhybrids you have little chance of finding a pm resistant one even if it's mostly or even 100% NLD.

I did a big selection on Hindu Kush*POg this year and many were susceptible, I selected the 10 most resistant out of 80-100 plants I can't remember. They ALL have very similar smells so it's not the terpenes. One plant in the middle of the patch where pm should be bad has just a few small spots and one on the edge where it should be less of an issue is covered even through they smell the same, resin coverage did not make a difference on pm either some of my most pm covered we're my most oily. I am sure there are many genes or sets of genes that allow a plant the better defend itself against PM.

With Budrot I also think it's more about genes. I have had sleeskunks that are insanely resistant to Budrot, while others smelling similar are quite susceptible.

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
if I grow in a sterile medium and feed npk and rhizobacteria I find very little occurrence of fungal pathogens on the plant regardless of temperatures

if I am growing in living soil, soil temperature range seems to really make the difference between hardiness not just populations of thriving active rhizobacteria which makes cultivar to environment paring key

when I put bacteria in the feed it was general strains made for horticultural purposes so there was no interactive selection by the plant because there wasn't a choice and cultivar to environment pairing was less essential as far as that particular slice of the plant's environment

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Back to RECENT INTERESTING FINDINGS
NOT NEW but my wife likes it:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562334/pdf/nihms61230.pdf
Mol Pharm. 2006 ; 3(6): 773–777. doi:10.1021/mp060066m.
A Molecular Link Between the Active Component of Marijuana and
Alzheimer's Disease Pathology

Lisa M. Eubanks, Claude J. Rogers, Albert E. Beuscher IV, George F. Koob, Arthur J.
Olson, Tobin J. Dickerson, and Kim D. Janda
Alzheimer's disease is the leading cause of dementia among the elderly, and with the ever-increasing size of this population, cases of Alzheimer's disease are expected to triple over the next 50 years. Consequently, the development of treatments that slow or halt the disease progression have become imperative to both improve the quality of life for patients as well as reduce the health care costs attributable to Alzheimer's disease. Here, we demonstrate that the active component of marijuana, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), competitively inhibits the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE) as well as prevents AChE-induced amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) aggregation, the key pathological marker of Alzheimer's disease. Computational modeling of the THC-AChE interaction revealed that THC binds in the peripheral anionic site of AChE, the critical region involved in amyloidgenesis.
Compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, THC is a considerably superior inhibitor of Aβ aggregation, and this study provides a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism through which cannabinoid molecules may directly impact the progression of this debilitating disease.

I liked this one:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-15816-5
Assessment of Genetic Diversity and Population Structure in Iranian Cannabis Germplasm
Aboozar Soorni, Reza Fatahi, David C. Haak, Seyed Alireza Salami & Aureliano Bombarely
Cannabis sativa has a complex history reflected in both selection on naturally occurring compounds and historical trade routes among humans. Iran is a rich resource of natural populations which hold the promise to characterize historical patterns of population structure and genetic diversity within Cannabis. Recent advances in high-throughput DNA sequencing technologies have dramatically increased our ability to produce information to the point that it is now feasible to inexpensively obtain population level genotype information at a large scale. In the present investigation, we have explored the use of Genotyping-By-Sequencing (GBS) in Iranian cannabis. We genotyped 98 cannabis samples 36 from Iranian locations and 26 accessions from two germplasm collections. In total, 24,710 high-quality Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNP) were identified. Clustering analysis by Principal Component Analysis (PCA) identified two genetic clusters among Iranian populations and fineSTRUCTURE analysis identified 19 populations with some geographic partitioning. We defined Iranian cannabis in two main groups using the results of the PCA and discovered some strong signal to define some locations as population according to fineSTRUCTURE analyses. However, single nucleotide variant analysis
uncovered a relatively moderate level of variation among Iranian cannabis.

I don't know if I have already posted this one:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0099641
Understanding Cultivar-Specificity and Soil Determinants of the Cannabis Microbiome
Max E. Winston, Jarrad Hampton-Marcell, Iratxe Zarraonaindia, Sarah M. Owens, Corrie S. Moreau, Jack A. Gilbert, Josh Hartsel, Suzanne J. Kennedy, S. M. Gibbons,
DOI 10.1371/journal.pone.0099641
Abstract
Understanding microbial partnerships with the medicinally and economically important crop Cannabis has the potential to
affect agricultural practice by improving plant fitness and production yield. Furthermore, Cannabis presents an interesting
model to explore plant-microbiome interactions as it produces numerous secondary metabolic compounds. Here we
present the first description of the endorhiza-, rhizosphere-, and bulk soil-associated microbiome of five distinct Cannabis
cultivars. Bacterial communities of the endorhiza showed significant cultivar-specificity. When controlling cultivar and soil
type the microbial community structure was significantly different between plant cultivars, soil types, and between the
endorhiza, rhizosphere and soil. The influence of soil type, plant cultivar and sample type differentiation on the microbial
community structure provides support for a previously published two-tier selection model, whereby community
composition across sample types is determined mainly by soil type, while community structure within endorhiza samples is
determined mainly by host cultivar.

Last edited:

Sativied

Veteran
Alzheimer's disease is the leading cause of dementia among the elderly, .......
Compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, THC is a considerably superior inhibitor of Aβ aggregation, and this study provides a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism through which cannabinoid molecules may directly impact the progression of this debilitating disease.

“Tragic” fact: Roughly 70% of dementia cases are caused by Alzheimer, and dementia is the nr 1 cause of death in the Netherlands. Seems like plenty of reason to be pro-cannabis. Besides better and longer quality of life for the patients, the required budget for healthcare is growing too fast for even the anti cannabis parties.

Haven’t checked if these were mentioned yetbut some more recent ones:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25024327
Cao C1, Li Y2, Liu H1, Bai G2, Mayl J3, Lin X1, Sutherland K4, Nabar N5, Cai J2.
The potential therapeutic effects of THC on Alzheimer's disease.
Abstract
The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential therapeutic qualities of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) with respect to slowing or halting the hallmark characteristics of Alzheimer's disease. N2a-variant amyloid-β protein precursor (AβPP) cells were incubated with THC and assayed for amyloid-β (Aβ) levels at the 6-, 24-, and 48-hour time marks. THC was also tested for synergy with caffeine, in respect to the reduction of the Aβ level in N2a/AβPPswe cells. THC was also tested to determine if multiple treatments were beneficial. The MTT assay was performed to test the toxicity of THC. Thioflavin T assays and western blots were performed to test the direct anti-Aβ aggregation significance of THC. Lastly, THC was tested to determine its effects on glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β) and related signaling pathways. From the results, we have discovered THC to be effective at lowering Aβ levels in N2a/AβPPswe cells at extremely low concentrations in a dose-dependent manner. However, no additive effect was found by combining caffeine and THC together. We did discover that THC directly interacts with Aβ peptide, thereby inhibiting aggregation. Furthermore, THC was effective at lowering both total GSK-3β levels and phosphorylated GSK-3β in a dose-dependent manner at low concentrations. At the treatment concentrations, no toxicity was observed and the CB1 receptor was not significantly upregulated. Additionally, low doses of THC can enhance mitochondria function and does not inhibit melatonin's enhancement of mitochondria function. These sets of data strongly suggest that THC could be a potential therapeutic treatment option for Alzheimer's disease through multiple functions and pathways.
KEYWORDS:
Alzheimer's disease; CB1 receptor; CB2 receptor; amyloid-β peptide; cannabinoid; delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol; neurodegeneration

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28217094
In vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer's Disease.
Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a debilitating neurodegenerative disease that is affecting an increasing number of people. It is characterized by the accumulation of amyloid-β and tau hyperphosphorylation as well as neuroinflammation and oxidative stress. Current AD treatments do not stop or reverse the disease progression, highlighting the need for new, more effective therapeutics. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid that has demonstrated neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in vitro. Thus, it is investigated as a potential multifunctional treatment option for AD. Here, we summarize the current status quo of in vivo effects of CBD in established pharmacological and transgenic animal models for AD. The studies demonstrate the ability of CBD to reduce reactive gliosis and the neuroinflammatory response as well as to promote neurogenesis. Importantly, CBD also reverses and prevents the development of cognitive deficits in AD rodent models. Interestingly, combination therapies of CBD and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the main active ingredient of cannabis sativa, show that CBD can antagonize the psychoactive effects associated with THC and possibly mediate greater therapeutic benefits than either phytocannabinoid alone. The studies provide "proof of principle" that CBD and possibly CBD-THC combinations are valid candidates for novel AD therapies. Further investigations should address the long-term potential of CBD and evaluate mechanisms involved in the therapeutic effects described.

I like how the latter suggests the eldery (and of course younger people with alzheimer) can use hash or flower or oil or edibles as they like rather than needing a specific extract from some pharma co. It’s like vegetables and fruits, a diverse diet of cannabis can help keep you healthy, don’t need supplements in pill form.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you test the living plant for terpenes at 2 weeks flowering, 4, weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, you will see changes in the terpene profile and %'s.
The same if you dry the harvested plant for 2 weeks, test it, then box and cure it for a few months then test it again, then remove the dry sift resin and test it. At each stage the results are different, once all the terpenes are present in the flowers the more volatile mono-terpenes can be easily lost by age, heat, handling. Processing also allows the terpenes to be altered into other terpenes or breakdown artifacts.
All that said if you test dry flowers terpenes and the same clone dry sifted test the resin terpenes they are very similar, the dry sift has lost addition mono-terpenes but it is just resin so the terpenes are higher then in the bud.
-SamS

Are these for Skunk#1 flowers & Resin these statistics Sam?

Good luck.
-SamS

interesting.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
INTERESTING Papers by Karl Hillig, he has more.

A Systematic Investigation of Cannabis
March 2005
DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.2648.3680
Thesis for: Karl Hillig Ph.D.Advisor: Paul G. Mahlberg
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281848590_A_Systematic_Investigation_of_Cannabis

A Multivariate Analysis of Allozyme Variation in 93 Cannabis Accessions from the VIR Germplasm Collection
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 9:2, 5-22,
DOI: 10.1300/J237v09n02_02

Genetic Evidence for Speciation in Cannabis (Cannabaceae)
Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution · January 2005
DOI: 10.1007/s10722-003-4452-y

A CHEMOTAXONOMIC ANALYSIS OF CANNABINOID VARIATION IN CANNABIS (CANNABACEAE)
American Journal of Botany 91(6): 966–975. 2004.
DOI: 10.3732/ajb.91.6.966

A chemotaxonomic analysis of terpenoid variation in Cannabis
Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 32 (2004) 875–891
doi:10.1016/j.bse.2004.04.004

A Combined Analysis of Agronomic Traits and Allozyme Allele Frequencies for 69 Cannabis Accessions
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 10:1, 17-30,
DOI: 10.1300/J237v10n01_03

A Systematic Investigation of Cannabis (THESIS)
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...e2/A-Systematic-Investigation-of-Cannabis.pdf

Differentiating Powdery Mildew from False Powdery Mildew
John M. McPartland & Karl W. Hillig (2008)
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 13:1, 78-87,
DOI: 10.1080/15377880801898758

Early Iconography of Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 13:2, 189-203,
DOI: 10.1080/15377880802393239

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Here is a condensed list of the articles so far: (and the # of the post they are in) These are what I posted in 2017

Post1
Size matters: evolution of large drug-secreting resin glands in elite pharmaceutical strains of Cannabis sativa (marijuana)
Ernest Small . Steve G. U. Naraine
Genet Resour Crop Evol

Expansion of female sex organs in response to prolonged virginity in Cannabis sativa (marijuana)
Ernest Small . Steve G. U. Naraine
Genet Resour Crop Evol

Sequence heterogeneity of cannabidiolic- and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-synthase in Cannabis sativa L. and its relationship with chemical phenotype
Chiara Onofri a, Etienne P.M. de Meijer b, Giuseppe Mandolino
Phytochemistry

Are cannabidiol and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabivarin negative modulators of the endocannabinoid system? A systematic review
John M McPartland1, Marnie Duncan, Vincenzo Di Marzo and Roger G Pertwee
British Journal of Pharmacology

Analysis of cannabinoids in laser-microdissected trichomes of medicinal Cannabis sativa using LCMS and cryogenic NMR
Nizar Happyanaa, b, Sara Agnoletc, Remco Muntendamd, Annie Van Dame, Bernd Schneiderc, Oliver Kaysera, Emil-Figge
Phytochemistry

Ethephon application stimulats cannabinoids and plastidic terpenoids production in Cannabis sativa at flowering stage
Hakimeh Mansouri, , Fatemeh Salari, Zahra Asrar
Industrial Crops and Products

Isolation and Pharmacological Evaluation of Minor Cannabinoids from High-Potency Cannabis sativa.
Radwan MM, ElSohly MA, El-Alfy AT, Ahmed SA, Slade D, Husni AS, Manly SP, Wilson L, Seale S, Cutler SJ, Ross SA
J Nat Prod.

Post 9
Diversity Analysis in Cannabis sativa Based on Large-Scale Development of Expressed Sequence Tag-Derived Simple Sequence Repeat Markers
Chunsheng Gao , Pengfei Xin , Chaohua Cheng, Qing Tang, Ping Chen, Changbiao Wang, Gonggu Zang, Lining Zhao
PLOS One

Diversity Analysis in Cannabis sativa Based on Large-Scale Development of Expressed Sequence Tag-Derived Simple Sequence Repeat Markers
Chunsheng Gao , Pengfei Xin , Chaohua Cheng, Qing Tang, Ping Chen, Changbiao Wang, Gonggu Zang, Lining Zhao
Plos ONE

Molecular Cytogenetic Characterization of the Dioecious Cannabis sativa with an XY Chromosome Sex Determination System
Mikhail G. Divashuk, Oleg S. Alexandrov, Olga V. Razumova, Ilya V. Kirov, Gennady I. Karlov
Plos ONE

Understanding Cultivar-Specificity and Soil Determinants of the Cannabis Microbiome
Max E. Winston , Jarrad Hampton-Marcell, Iratxe Zarraonaindia, Sarah M. Owens, Corrie S. Moreau, Jack A. Gilbert, Josh Hartsel, Suzanne J. Kennedy, S. M. Gibbons
Plos ONE

Impacts of Surface Water Diversions for Marijuana Cultivation on Aquatic Habitat in Four Northwestern California Watersheds
Scott Bauer , Jennifer Olson , Adam Cockrill, Michael van Hattem, Linda Miller, Margaret Tauzer, Gordon Leppig
Plos ONE

Sex chromosomes and quantitative sex expression in monoecious hemp (Cannabis sativa L.)
Anne-Michelle Faux, Alice Berhin, Nicolas Dauguet, P. Bertin
Euphytica

1H NMR and HPLC/DAD for Cannabis sativa L. chemotype distinction, extract profiling and specification
Wieland Peschel, , Matteo Poli
Talanta

Analysis of THCA synthase gene expression in cannabis: A preliminary study by real-time quantitative PCR
Fidelia Cascinia, Stella Passerottib, Ilaria Boschia
Forensic Science International

Cannabis DNA Typing Methods
H. Miller Coyle
Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences (Second Edition)

Chapter 2 – Cannabis and Bioactive Cannabinoids
Federica Messina, Ornelio Rosati, Massimo Curini, M. Carla Marcotulli
Studies in Natural Products Chemistry Volume 45

Characterization of 15 STR cannabis loci: Nomenclature proposal and SNPSTR haplotypes
Laura Valverdea, Christian Lischkaa, Stefanie Scheipera, Johanna Nedelea, Rachel Challisa, Marian M. de Pancorbob, Heidi Pfeiffera, Stephan Köhnemanna,
Forensic Science International: Genetics

Chapter Thirteen – Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids in the Human Nervous System
Harold Kalant
The Effects of Drug Abuse on the Human Nervous System

Evaluation of elemental profiling methods, including laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS), for the differentiationof Cannabis plant material grown in different nutrient solutions
Moteaa M. El-Deftara, James Robertsona, Simon Fosterb, Chris Lennardc,
Forensic Science International

Multidimensional analysis of cannabis volatile constituents: Identification of 5,5-dimethyl-1-vinylbicyclo[2.1.1]hexane as a volatile marker of hashish, the resin of Cannabis sativa L.
Marie Marchinia, Céline Charvozb, Laurence Dujourdyb, Nicolas Baldovinia, Jean-Jacques Filippia
Journal of Chromatography

GCMS analysis of Cannabis sativa L. from four different areas of Pakistan
Muhammad Tayyab, , Durre Shahwar
Egyptian Journal of Forensic Sciences

In vitro germplasm conservation of high Δ9 -tetrahydrocannabinol yielding elite clones of Cannabis sativa L. under slow growth conditions
Hemant Lata, Suman Chandra, Zlatko Mehmedic, Ikhlas A. Khan, Mahmoud A. ElSohly
Acta Physiologiae Plantarum

Complete sequence of a cryptic virus from hemp (Cannabis sativa)
Angelika Ziegler • Jaroslav Matousˇek •
Gerhard Steger • Jorg Schubert
Arch Virol

Post 41
Cannabidiol is a negative allosteric modulator of the type 1 cannabinoid receptor.
Laprairie RB1, Bagher AM1, Kelly ME1,2, Denovan-Wright EM1.
Br J Pharmacol.

Post42
Genetic identification of female Cannabis sativa plants at early developmental stage.
Techen N1, Chandra S, Lata H, Elsohly MA, Khan IA.
Planta Med.

Post43
Cannabinoids and Terpenes as Chemotaxonomic Markers in Cannabis
Elzinga S, Fischedick J, Podkolinski R, and Raber J
Natural Products Chemistry & Research

Evolution and Classification of Cannabis sativa (Marijuana, Hemp) in Relation to Human Utilization
Ernest Small
The Botanical Review

The Genetic Structure of Marijuana and Hemp
Jason Sawler, Jake M. Stout, Kyle M. Gardner, Darryl Hudson, John Vidmar, Laura Butler, Jonathan E. Page, Sean Myles
Plos ONE

Post57
Purification and characterization of cannabidiolic-acid synthase from Cannabis sativa L. Biochemical analysis of a novelenzyme that catalyzes the oxidocyclization of cannabigerolic acid to cannabidiolic acid
Futoshi Taura, S Morimoto, Yukihiro Shoyama
Journal of Biological Chemistry

Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase, the enzyme controlling marijuana psychoactivity is secreted into the storage cavity of the glandular trichomes.
Supaart Sirikantaramas, Futoshi Taura, Yumi Tanaka, Yu Ishikawa, Satoshi Morimoto, Yukihiro Shoyama
Plant and Cell Physiology

Identification and Characterization of Cannabinoids That Induce Cell Death through Mitochondrial Permeability Transition in Cannabis Leaf Cells
Satoshi Morimoto , Yumi Tanaka, Kaori Sasaki, Hiroyuki Tanaka, Tomohide Fukamizu, Yoshinari Shoyama, Yukihiro Shoyama and Futoshi Taura
The Journal of Biological Chemistry

Cannabinoids Production by Hairy Root Cultures of Cannabis sativa L.
Sayed Farag, Oliver Kayser
American Journal of Plant Sciences

Production of D9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid from cannabigerolic acid by whole cells of Pichia (Komagataella) pastoris expressing D9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid synthase from Cannabis sativa L.
Bastian Zirpel . Felix Stehle . Oliver Kayser
Biotechnol Lett

Molecular analysis of genetic fidelity in Cannabis sativa L. plants grown from synthetic (encapsulated) seeds following in vitro storage
Hemant Lata, Suman Chandra , Natascha Techen, Ikhlas A. Khan, Mahmoud A. ElSohly
Biotechnology Letters

Recent Advances in Cannabis sativa Research: Biosynthetic Studies and Its Potential in Biotechnology.
Supaart Sirikantaramas, Futoshi Taura, Satoshi Morimoto, Yukihiro
Shoyama
Current pharmaceutical biotechnology

Production of Δ1-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid by the biosynthetic enzyme secreted from transgenic Pichia pastoris
Futoshi Taura, Emi Dono, Supaart Sirikantaramas, Kohji Yoshimura, Yukihiro Shoyama, Satoshi Morimoto
Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications

Post 63
Gene duplication and divergence affecting drug content in Cannabis sativa
George D. Weiblen, Jonathan P. Wenger, Kathleen J. Craft, Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Zlatko Mehmedic, Erin L. Treiber, M. David Marks
New Phytologist

Post64
A historical overview of chemical research on cannabinoids
Raphael Mechoulam , Lumı´r Hanusˇ
Chemistry and Physics of Lipids

Early phytocannabinoid chemistry to endocannabinoids and beyond
Raphael Mechoulam, Lumír O. Hanuš, Roger Pertwee and
Allyn C. Howlett
Nature Reviews / Neuroscience

Post67
The effect of five day dosing with THCV on THC-induced cognitive, psychological and physiological effects in healthy male human volunteers: A placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover pilot trial.
Englund, Atakan, Kralj, Tunstall, Murray, Morrison.
J Psychopharmacol.

Post68
New potential therapeutic applications for certain phytocannabinoids revealed by pharmacological discoveries
Roger Pertwee

Post 72
Multidimensional analysis of Cannabis volatile constituents: Identification of 5,5-dimethyl-1-vinylbicyclo[2.1.1]hexane as a volatile marker of Hashish, the resin of Cannabis sativa.
Marie Marchini, Céline Charvoz, Laurence Dujourdy, Jean-Jacques Filippi
Journal of Chromatography

Post74
A PCR marker Linked to a THCA synthase Polymorphism is a Reliable Tool to Discriminate Potentially THC-Rich Plants of Cannabis sativa L.
Christina Staginnus Ph.D., Siegfried Zörntlein Ph.D., Etienne de Meijer Ph.D.
Journal of Forensic Sciences

Sequence heterogeneity of cannabidiolic- and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-synthase in Cannabis sativa L. and its relationship with chemical phenotype.
Chiara Onofri, Etienne P M de Meijer, Giuseppe Mandolino
Phytochemistry

Post75
Oral Cannabidiol does not Alter the Subjective, Reinforcing or Cardiovascular Effects of Smoked Cannabis.
Haney M1, Malcolm RJ2, Babalonis S3, Nuzzo PA3, Cooper ZD1, Bedi G1, Gray KM2, McRae-Clark A2, Lofwall MR3, Sparenborg S4, Walsh SL3.
Neuropsychopharmacology.

Post77
The Cannabis sativa Versus Cannabis indica Debate:
An Interview with Ethan Russo, MD
Daniele Piomelli and Ethan B. Russo
Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research

Pots79
Allosteric Modulators of the CB1 Cannabinoid Receptor: A Structural Update Review Paula Morales, Pilar Goya, Nadine Jagerovic, and Laura Hernandez-Folgado

Post 81
Sequence heterogeneity of cannabidiolic- and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-synthase in Cannabis sativa L. and its relationship with chemical phenotype.
Phytochemistry 2015 Aug 9;116:57-68. Epub 2015 Apr 9.
Chiara Onofri, Etienne P M de Meijer, Giuseppe Mandolino

Post83
Genomic and Chemical Diversity in Cannabis
Ryan C Lynch, Daniela Vergara, Silas Tittes, Kristin White, C.J. Schwartz, Matthew J Gibbs, Travis C Ruthenburg, Kymron deCesare, Donald P Land, Nolan C Kane

Post84
Evolution of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Content during the Growth of Cannabis sativa Plants from Different Chemotypes
Oier Aizpurua-Olaizola†‡, Umut Soydaner†, Ekin Öztürk†, Daniele Schibano†, Yilmaz Simsir†, Patricia Navarro‡, Nestor Etxebarria‡, and Aresatz Usobiaga*‡
J. Nat. Prod.

Post90
Antidepressant-like effect of cannabidiol injection into the ventral medial prefrontal cortex - possible involvement of 5-HT1A and CB1 receptors.
Sartim AG1, Guimarães FS2, Joca SR3.
Behav Brain Res.

Post 92
In vitro mass propagation of Cannabis sativa L.: A protocol refinement using novel aromatic cytokinin meta-topolin and the assessment of eco-physiological, biochemical and genetic fidelity of micropropagated plants
Hemant Lata, Suman Chandra, Natascha Techen, Ikhlas A. Khan, Mahmoud A. ElSohly
Journal of Applied Research on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants

post95
Identification of QTLs for sex expression in dioecious
and monoecious hemp (Cannabis sativa L.)
A.-M. Faux . X. Draye . M.-C. Flamand, A. Occre . P. Bertin
Euphytica

Post98
Cannabis sativa: The Plant of the Thousand and One Molecules
Christelle M. Andre*, Jean-Francois Hausman and Gea Guerriero
Front. Plant Sci.

Post99
THC (TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL) ACCUMULATION IN GLANDS OF CANNABIS (CANNABACEAE)
Paul G. Mahlberg and Eun Soo Kim

CBN and D9-THC concentration ratio as an indicator of the age of stored marijuana samples*
S. A. ROSS, M. A. ELSOHloy

Post110
Development and Validation of a Reliable and Robust Method for the Analysis of Cannabinoids and Terpenes in Cannabis.
Giese MW1, Lewis MA, Giese L, Smith KM.
J AOAC Int.

Post113
Cannabis Taxonomy: The 'Sativa' versus 'Indica' Debate
By Robert C. Clarke and Mark D. Merlin, PhD
HerbalEGram: Volume 13, Issue 4, April 2016

Post114
https://www.medicinalgenomics.com/cannmed2016/
You can download each of the presentations, check out at least: RYAN C. LYNCH
MEDICINAL GENOMICS, KEVIN MCKERNAN COURTAGEN LIFE SCIENCES, MARK A. LEWIS
PRESIDENT OF NAPRO RESEARCH, ETHAN RUSSO MEDICAL DIRECTOR PHYTECS, JOSH WURZER SC LABORATORIES, RAPHAEL MECHOULAM KEYNOTE SPEAKER

Post118
Beyond Cannabis: Plants and the Endocannabinoid System
Ethan B. Russo
Trends in Pharmacological Sciences

Post127
AKT1 genotype moderates the acute psychotomimetic effects of naturalistically smoked cannabis in young cannabis smokers
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4872423/
Terpinolene, a component of herbal sage, downregulates AKT1 expression in K562 cells
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3362481/

Single molecule sequencing*of THCA synthase reveals copy number variation in modern
drug-*‐type Cannabis sativa L.

Genome-wide analyses reveal clustering in Cannabis cultivars:
the ancient domestication trilogy of a panacea

Cannabis microbiome sequencing reveals several mycotoxic fungi native to dispensary grade Cannabis flowers

Evolution of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Content during the
Growth of Cannabis sativa Plants from Different Chemotypes

Post129
Cannabinoid receptor type-1: breaking the dogmas
Arnau Busquets Garcia, Edgar Soria-Gomez, Luigi Bellocchio, and Giovanni Marsicano

Post133
Biotransformation of Tetrahydrocannabinol
Muhammad T. Akhtar . Khozirah Shaari . Robert Verpoorte
Phytochem Rev

Post135
Phased Diploid Genome Assembly with Single Molecule Real-Time Sequencing
Chen-Shan Chin, Paul Peluso1, Fritz J. Sedlazeck, Maria Nattestad, Gregory T. Concepcion, Alicia Clum, Christopher Dunn, Ronan O’Malley, Rosa Figueroa-Balderas, Abraham Morales-Cruz, Grant R. Cramer, Massimo Delledonne, Chongyuan Luo, Joseph R. Ecker, Dario Cantu, David R. Rank, Michael C. Schatz.

Post142
The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (V): regulation of the propyl-/pentyl cannabinoid ratio, completion of a genetic model
E. P. M. de Meijer . K. M. Hammond
Euphytica

Post145
Current Status and Prospects for Cannabidiol Preparations as New Therapeutic Agents
Fasinu PS, Phillips S, ElSohly MA, Walker LA
Pharmacotherapy

Post156
CB2 Cannabinoid Receptor As Potential Target against Alzheimer's Disease
Ester Aso, Isidro Ferrer
Front. Neurosci.

Amyloid proteotoxicity initiates an inflammatory response blocked by cannabinoids
Antonio Currais, Oswald Quehenberger, Aaron M Armando, Daniel Daugherty, Pam Maher & David Schubert

Post159
Cannabis in Eurasia: origin of human use and Bronze Age trans-continental connections
Vegetation History and Archaeobotany · June 2016

Genome-wide analyses reveal clustering in Cannabis cultivars: the ancient domestication trilogy of a panacea
Philippe Henry

Cannabis in Eurasia: origin of human use and Bronze Age trans-continental connections
Tengwen Long, Mayke Wagner, Dieter Demske, Pavel E. Tarasov
Vegetation History and Archaeobotany

Post160
CHEMOTAXONOMY OF CANNABIS I. CROSSBREEDING BETWEEN CANNABIS SATIVA AND C. RUDERALIS, WITH ANALYSIS OF CANNABINOID CONTENT
JOHN A. BEUTLER, ARA H. DER MARDEROSIAN

Post162
Targeted mutation of Δ12 and Δ15 desaturase genes in hemp produce major alterations in seed fatty acid composition including a high oleic hemp oil
Monika Bielecka, Filip Kaminski, Ian Adams, Helen Poulson, Raymond Sloan, Yi Li, Tony R. Larson, Thilo Winzer, Ian A. Graham

Post165
Can You Pass the Acid Test? Critical Review and Novel Therapeutic Perspectives of D9-Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid A
Guillermo Moreno-Sanz

Human Metabolites of Cannabidiol: A Review on Their Formation, Biological Activity, and Relevance in Therapy
Istva´n Ujva´ry, and Lumı´r Hanus

Post166
Limitations to the Dutch cannabis toleration policy: Assumptions underlying the reclassification of cannabis above 15% THC.

Post171
Pure Δ9-tetrahydrocannabivarin and a Cannabis sativa extract with high content in Δ9-tetrahydrocannabivarin inhibit nitrite production in murine peritoneal macrophages
Barbara Romanok, Ester Pagano, Pierangelo Orlando, Raffaele Capasso, Maria Grazia, Cascio, Roger Pertwee, Vincenzo Di Marzok, Angelo A. Izzo, Francesca Borrelli

Post 172
A review of the cultivation and processing of cannabis (Cannabis sativa L.) for production of prescription medicines in the UK
David J. Potter

Molecular cytogenetic analysis of monoecious hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) cultivars reveals its karyotype variations and sex chromosomes constitution
Olga V. Razumova & Oleg S. Alexandrov & Mikhail G. Divashuk & Tatiana I. Sukhorada & Gennady I. Karlov

Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L., an important medicinal plant, to elevated levels of CO2
Suman Chandra & Hemant Lata & Ikhlas A. Khan & Mahmoud A. ElSohly

Post173
The draft genome and transcriptome of Cannabis sativa
Harm van Bakel, Jake M Stout, Atina G Cote, Carling M Tallon, Andrew G Sharpe, Timothy R Hughes, and Jonathan E Page

Post176
Differentiation between fiber and drug types of hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) from a collection of wild and domesticated accessions
G. Piluzza • G. Delogu • A. Cabras • S. Marceddu • S. Bullitta

Post177
Analysis of the genetic diversity of Chinese native Cannabis sativa cultivars by using ISSR and chromosome markers
L.G. Zhang, Y. Chang, X.F. Zhang, F.Z. Guan, H.M. Yuan, Y. Yu, L.J. Zhao

Post178
Genetic Diversity Analysis of Wild Cannabis in China Based on Morphological Characters and RAPD Markers
TANG Zhi-cheng, CHEN Xuan, ZHANG Qing-ying, GUO Hong-yan, YANG Ming

Post179
Chunsheng Gao, Pengfei Xin, Chaohua Cheng, Qing Tang, Ping Chen, Changbiao Wang, Gonggu Zang, and Lining Zhao

Post180
Antifungal activity of the volatiles of high potency Cannabis sativa L. against Cryptococcus neoformans.
Wanas, A. S., Radwan, M. M., Mehmedic, Z., Jacob, M., Khan, I. A., and Elsohly, M. A.

Post181
Survey on the Germplasm Resources of Cannabis sativa L.
WANG Hua-dong, WEI Ying-fang. (2012)

Post184
Genetic Diversity of Cannabis sativa L Based on AFLP Analysis
HU Zun-hong,GUO Hong-yan,HU Xue-li,CHEN Xuan,LIU Xu-yun,GUO Meng-bi,ZHANG Qing-ying,XU Yan-ping,GUO Li-fen,YANG Ming. (2012)

Post185
Development of indole sulfonamides as cannabinoid receptor negative allosteric modulators
Iain R. Greiga, Gemma L. Bailliea, Mostafa Abdelrahmanc, Laurent Trembleauc, Ruth A. Rossa

Post189
A Belated Green Revolution for Cannabis: Virtual Genetic Resources to Fast-Track CultivarDevelopment
Matthew T. Welling, Tim Shapter, Terry J. Rose, Lei Liu, Rhia Stanger, and Graham J. King

Post192
Current Status and Prospects for Cannabidiol Preparations as New Therapeutic Agents

Post193
Hempseed as a nutritional resource: An overview
Euphytica 140: 65–72, (2004).
J.C. Callaway

Post195
New developments in fiber hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) breeding
Elma M.J. Salentijna, Qingying Zhangb, Stefano Amaduccic, Ming Yangb, Luisa M. Trindade (2014)

Post197
A fragrant grave - revealing the mummified remains of a 17th-century bishop
Current World Archaeology · March 2016

Post198
Effect of seed moisture content and storage temperature on seed longevity of hemp (Cannabis sativa)
S S PARIHAR, M DADLANI, S K LAL, V A TONAPI, P C NAUTIYAL and SUDIPTA BASU December 2014

Post199
INFLUENCE OF AGROCLIMATIC CONDITIONS ON CONTENT OF MAIN CANNABINOIDS IN INDUSTRIAL HEMP (Cannabis sativa L.)
Vladimir Sikora, Janoš Berenji, Dragana Latković (2011)

Post203
XL.- Charas. The Resin of Indian Hemp. T. BARLOW WOOD M. A.
W. T. NEWTON SPIVEY, M. A., and THOMAS HILL EASTERFIELD . M.A., Ph. D. (1896)

III.—Cannabinol. Part I
Thomas Barlow Wood, M.A., W. T. Newton Spivey, M.A. and Thomas Hill Easterfield, M.A., Ph.D. (1899)

Post204
XIV. THE ACTIVE PRINCIPLES OF CANNABIS INDICA RESIN. I
BY THOMAS SPENCE WORK, FRANZ BERGEL AND ALEXANDER ROBERTUS TODD (1939)

Post205
Isolation, structure and partial synthesis of an active constituent of hashish.
Gaoni Y, Mechoulam R (1964).

Post206
On the preparations of the Indian hemp (Cannabis indica); their effects on the animal system in health, and their utility in the treatment of tetanus and other convulsive diseases.
Transactions of the Medical and Physical Society, Bengal 71– 102, 421–426 (1843) O’Shaughnessy, W.B.

Post207
A PHYSIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE PRINCIPLE FROM CANNABIS SATIVA (MARIHUANA).
Haagen-Smit AJ, Wawra CZ, Koepfli JB, Alles GA, Feigen GA, Prater AN. (1940)

Post208
A brief history of cannabinoid and endocannabinoid pharmacology as inspired by the work of British scientists
Vincenzo Di Marzo (2006)

Post209
A historical overview of chemical research on cannabinoids
Raphael Mechoulam *, Lumı´r Hanus (2000)

Post210
Cannabis indica. Part II. Isolation of cannabidiol from Egyptian hashish. Observations on the structure of cannabinol.
J. Chem. Soc., 649–653 5 (1940)
Jacob, A. and Todd, A.R.

Post211
Cannabis indica. Part X. The essential oil from Egyptian hashish
J. L. SIMONSEN and A. R. TODD (1942)

Post212
Structure of cannabinol. III Synthesis of cannabinol, 1-hydroxy-3-n-amyl-6,6,9-trimethyl-dibenzopyran. Adams, R. et al. (1940)
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 62, 2204–2207

Post213
Marijuana Equivalency in Portion and Dosage
An assessment of physical and pharmacokinetic relationships in marijuana production and consumption in Colorado
Prepared for the Colorado Department of Revenue

Post214
THE ABSOLUTE CONFIGURATION OF DELTA 1-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL, THE MAJOR ACTIVE CONSTITUENT OF HASHISH.
Raphael Mechoulam, Yehiel Gaoni

Post215
Ancient Cannabis Burial Shroud in a Central Eurasian Cemetery
HONGEN JIANG, LONG WANG, MARK D. MERLIN, ROBERT C. CLARKE,
YAN PAN, YONG ZHANG, GUOQIANG XIAO, AND XIAOLIAN DING
Economic Botany, Vol 70(X), 2016, 9 pp.

Post223
Metagenomic analysis of medicinal Cannabis samples; pathogenic bacteria, toxigenic fungi, and beneficial microbes grow in culture-based yeast and mold tests.
Kevin McKernan, Jessica Spangler, Yvonne Helbert, Ryan C. Lynch , Adrian Devitt-Lee, Lei Zhang, Wendell Orphe, Jason Warner, Theodore Foss, Christopher J. Hudalla, Matthew Silva, Douglas R. Smith.

Post232
Microbiological contaminants of marijuana
J. M. McPartland

Post239
Effect of medical cannabis on thermal quantitative measurements of pain in patients with Parkinson’s disease
A. Shohet, A. Khlebtovsky, N. Roizen, Y. Roditi, R. Djaldetti

Post240
Near infrared spectroscopy combined with chemometrics for growth stage classification of cannabis cultivated in a greenhouse from seized seeds
Bruna Tassi Borille a,⁎, Marcelo Caetano Alexandre Marcelo b, Rafael Scorsatto Ortiz c
,Kristiane de Cássia Mariotti a, Marco Flôres Ferrão b, Renata Pereira Limberger

Post242
Crystal Structure of the Human Cannabinoid Receptor CB1

Post248
Indole alkaloids from hemp seed

Post250
Cannabis: From Cultivar to Chemovar II—A Metabolomics Approach to Cannabis Classification

Post251
Quality Control of Traditional Cannabis Tinctures: Pattern, Markers, and Stability
Wieland Peschel
Sci. Pharm. 2016, 84, 567–584

Optimization of Cannabis Grows Using Fourier Transform Mid-Infrared Spectroscopy
Brian C. Smith, Mark A. Lewis, Judah Mendez
Perkin-Elmer Inc. 2016

Post252
Opioids Out, Cannabis In Negotiating the Unknowns in Patient Care for Chronic Pain
JAMA November 1, 2016 Volume 316, Number 17 Pg 1763-4

Post253
The Name of Cannabis: A Short Guide for Nonbotanists
Antonino Pollio
Volume 1.1, 2016

Post258
Allosteric Modulation: An Alternate Approach Targeting the Cannabinoid CB1 Receptor.
Nguyen T, Li JX, Thomas BF, Wiley JL, Kenakin TP, Zhang Y.

Post259
Cannabinoid Receptor 2 Functional Variant Contributes to the Risk for Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Strisciuglio C1, Bellini G, Miele E, Martinelli M, Cenni S, Tortora C, Tolone C, Miraglia Del Giudice E, Rossi F.

Post260
Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) seed oil: Analytical and phytochemical characterization of unsaponifiable fraction
Sergio Montserrat-de la Paz, Fabiola Marín-Aguilar, M.
Dolores Garcia Gimenez, and Maria Angeles Fernandez-Arche

Post261
Decarboxylation Study of Acidic Cannabinoids: A Novel Approach Using Ultra-High-Performance Supercritical Fluid Chromatography/Photodiode Array-Mass Spectrometry
Mei Wang, Yan-Hong Wang, Bharathi Avula, Mohamed M. Radwan, Amira S. Wanas, John van Antwerp, Jon F. Parcher, Mahmoud A. ElSohly, and Ikhlas A. Khan

Post264
Sequence heterogeneity of cannabidiolic- and tetrahydrocannabinolicacid-synthase in Cannabis sativa L. and its relationship with chemical phenotype
j.phytochem.2015.03.006
Chiara Onofri, Etienne P.M. de Meijer, Giuseppe Mandolino

Post265
Cannabidiol Claims and Misconceptions
Trends in Pharmacological Sciences
Ethan B. Russo

Post266
The Health Effects of Cannabis and Cannabinoids: The Current State of Evidence and Recommendations for Research
National Academies of Sciences, book

Post269
The main cannabinoids content in hashish samples seized in Israel and Czech Republic
Lumír O. Hanuš, Rina Levy, Dafna De La Vega, Limor Katz, Michael Roman & Pavel Tomíček
Israel Journal of Plant Sciences

Post277
Ryan C. Lynch, Daniela Vergara, Silas Tittes, Kristin White, C. J. Schwartz, Matthew J. Gibbs, Travis C. Ruthenburg, Kymron deCesare, Donald P. Land, Nolan C. Kane
Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences

Medicinal Uses of Marijuana and Cannabinoids
Franjo Grotenhermen , Dr. med. & Kirsten Müller-Vahl

Post279
The Analytical Chemistry of Cannabis
Quality Assessment, Assurance, and Regulation of Medicinal Marijuana and Cannabinoid Preparations
Brian F. Thomas, Mahmoud A. ElSohly
Emerging Issues in Analytical Chemistry 2016

Post280
Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis
Somchai Rice, Jacek A. Koziel
PLOS

Chemotyping and Determination of Antimicrobial, Insecticidal, and Cytotoxic Properties ofWild-Grown Cannabis sativa from Nepal
Prabodh Satyal, William N. Setzer
Journal of Medicinally Active Plants 3, (1):9-16 2014

Optimisation and characterisation of marihuana extracts obtained by supercritical fluid extraction and focused ultrasound extraction and retention time locking GC-MS
Jone Omar, Maitane Olivares, Mikel Alzaga, Nestor Etxebarria
J. Sep. Sci. 2013, 36, 1397–1404

Chemotyping and Determination of Antimicrobial, Insecticidal, and Cytotoxic Properties ofWild-Grown Cannabis sativa from Nepal
Prabodh Satyal, William N. Setzer
Journal of Medicinally Active Plants 3, (1):9-16 2014
https://dx.doi.org/10.7275/R58W3B8V

Optimisation and characterisation of marihuana extracts obtained by supercritical fluid extraction and focused ultrasound extraction and retention time locking GC-MS
Jone Omar, Maitane Olivares, Mikel Alzaga, Nestor Etxebarria
J. Sep. Sci. 2013, 36, 1397–1404

Separation of aroma compounds from industrial hemp inflorescences (Cannabis sativa L.) by supercritical CO2 extraction and on-line fractionation
Carla Da Porto, Deborha Decorti, Andrea Natolino
Industrial Crops and Products 58 (2014) 99–103

Fibre hemp inflorescences: From crop-residues to essential oil production
Alessandra Bertoli, Sabrina Tozzi, Luisa Pistelli, Luciana G. Angelini
Industrial Crops and Products 32 (2010) 329–337

Headspace Solid Phase Microextraction (HS SPME) Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometric Analysis of the Volatile Constituents of Cannabis sativa L. From Kashmir
Manzoor A. Rather, Bilal A. Dar, Shahnawaz N. Sofi, Tauheeda Hassan, Nasir Ali, Ashiq H. Lone, Abdul S. Shawl, Wajahat A. Shah, M. A. Qurishi and Poonam Prakash
Journal of Pharmacy Research 2011,4(8),2651-2653

Ultrasound-assisted extraction of volatile compounds from industrial Cannabis sativa L. inflorescences
Da Porto C, Decorti D, Natolino A
International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products
2014 Vol. 7 (1), pp. 8-14

Post293
Cannabis Domestication, Breeding History, Present-day Genetic Diversity, and Future Prospects
Robert C. Clarke & Mark D. Merlin
Pages 1-35

Post302
Introduction to the Special Issue on Cannabis
Dennis J. Gray, Robert C. Clarke & Robert N. Trigiano
Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences,

Current and Future Needs and Applications for Cannabis
Dennis J. Gray, Hailie Baker, Kayla Clancy, Robert C. Clarke, Kymron
deCesare, John Fike, Matthew J. Gibbs, Franjo Grotenhermen, Nolan C. Kane, Kyle G. Keepers, Donald P. Land, Ryan C. Lynch, J. Paul Mendieta, Mark Merlin, Kirsten Müller-Vahl, Christopher S. Pauli, Brian J. Pearson, Bailey Rhan, Travis C. Ruthenberg, C. J. Schwartz,

Genetic and Genomic Tools for Cannabis sativa
Daniela Vergara, Halie Baker, Kayla Clancy, Kyle G. Keepers, J. Paul Mendieta, Christopher S. Pauli, Silas B. Tittes, Kristin H. White & Nolan C. Kane

Industrial Hemp: Renewed Opportunities for an Ancient Crop,
John Fike

Medicinal Uses of Marijuana and Cannabinoids
Franjo Grotenhermen Dr. med. & Kirsten Müller-Vahl

The Derivation of Modern Cannabis Varieties
Bailey Rahn, Brian J. Pearson, Robert N. Trigiano & Dennis J. Gray

Cannabis Domestication, Breeding History, Present-day Genetic Diversity, and Future Prospects
Robert C. Clarke & Mark D. Merlin

Ryan C. Lynch, Daniela Vergara, Silas Tittes, Kristin White, C. J. Schwartz, Matthew J. Gibbs, Travis C. Ruthenburg, Kymron deCesare, Donald P. Land, Nolan C. Kane

Post304
Characterizing the Smell of Marijuana by Odor Impact of Volatile Compounds: An Application of Simultaneous Chemical and Sensory Analysis
Somchai Rice, Jacek A. Koziel

Post306
The effect of five day dosing with THCV on THC-induced cognitive, psychological and physiological effects in healthy male human volunteers: a placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover pilot trial.
Amir Englund, Zerrin Atakan, Aleksandra Kralj, Nigel Tunstall, Robin Murray and Paul Morrison

Post310
Identification of Terpenoid Chemotypes Among High (−)-trans-Δ9- Tetrahydrocannabinol-Producing Cannabis sativa L. Cultivars
Fischedick Justin T.
Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. March 2017, 2(1): 34-47.

Post311
Terpene synthases from Cannabis sativa
Judith K. Booth, Jonathan E. Page, Jörg Bohlmann

Post336
The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (V): regulation of thepropyl-/pentyl cannabinoid ratio, completion of a genetic model.
Euphytica

Post337
Removal of floral microbiota reduces floral terpene emissions
Josep Penuelas, Gerard Farre-Armengol, Joan Llusia, Albert Gargallo-Garriga, Laura Rico, Jordi Sardans, Jaume Terradas & Iolanda Filella.

Post352
Evolution of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Content during the Growth of Cannabis sativa Plants from different Chemotypes.
Oier Aizpurua-Olaizola, Umut Soydaner, Ekin Öztürk, Daniele Schibano, Yilmaz Simsir, Patricia Navarro, Nestor Etxebarria, and Aresatz Usobiaga

Post365
Affinity and Efficacy Studies of Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid A at Cannabinoid Receptor Types One and Two

Post366
Identification of Terpenoid Chemotypes Among High ()-trans-D9- Tetrahydrocannabinol-Producing Cannabis sativa L. Cultivars
Justin T. Fischedick

Pharmacogenetics of Cannabinoids
Szymon Hryhorowicz1• Michal Walczak • Oliwia Zakerska-Banaszak •
Ryszard Słomski • Marzena Skrzypczak-Zielinska
Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet

P0ost367
Theor Appl Genet (1993) 86:673-678
Statistical genetic considerations for maintaining germ plasm collections
J. Crossa , C. M. Hernandez , P. Bretting , S. A. Eberhart , S. Taba

Post378
Endogenous synthesis of pyrethrins by cannabis
Adrian Devitt-Lee, Douglas Smith, David Chen, Kevin McKernan, Simon Groves, Ciaran McCarthy
BioRxiv Preprint

Post382
Discovery and characterization of two novel CB1 receptor splice variants with modified N-termini in mouse.
J Neurochem. 2017 Jun 13.
Ruehle S, Wager-Miller J, Straiker A, Farnsworth J, Murphy MN, Loch S, Monory S, Mackie K, Lutz B.

Rare genetic variants in the endocannabinoid system genes CNR1 and DAGLA are associated with neurological phenotypes in humans.
Douglas R. Smith, Christine M. Stanley, Theodore Foss, Richard G. Boles, Kevin McKernan

Post383
Anti-Inflammatory Activity in Colon Models Is Derived from D9-Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid That Interacts with Additional Compounds in Cannabis Extracts
Rameshprabu Nallathambi, Moran Mazuz, Aurel Ion, Gopinath Selvaraj, Smadar Weininger, Marcelo Fridlender, Ahmad Nasser, Oded Sagee, Puja Kumari, Diana Nemichenizer, Maayan Mendelovitz, Nave Firstein, Orly Hanin, Fred Konikoff, Yoram Kapulnik, Timna Naftali, and Hinanit Koltai

Post388
Placebo Effects of Edible Cannabis: Reported Intoxication Effects at a 30-Minute Delay
Mallory J. E. Loflin, Ph.D., Mitch Earleywine, Ph.D., Stacey Farmer, M.A., Melissa Slavin M.A., Rachel Luba, B.S. and Marcel Bonn-Miller, Ph.D.

Post391
Effect of induced polyploidy on some biochemical parameters in Cannabis sativa L.
Mahsa Bagheri & Hakimeh Mansouri
Appl Biochem Biotechnol

Induction of Polyploidy and Its Effect on Cannabis sativa L.
Hakimeh Mansouri, Mahsa Bagheri

Post395
Study of Pesticides in Clones
Anthony Torres, Wilson Linker, Donald Land Ph.D, Reggie Gaudino, Ph.D

Post416
Evaluation of Cannabinoid and Terpenoid Content: Cannabis Flower Compared to Supercritical CO2 Concentrate.
Michelle Sexton, Kyle Shelton, Pam Haley, Mike West
Planta Med

Post424
A Molecular Link Between the Active Component of Marijuana and
Alzheimer's Disease Pathology
Lisa M. Eubanks, Claude J. Rogers, Albert E. Beuscher IV, George F. Koob, Arthur J.
Olson, Tobin J. Dickerson, and Kim D. Janda

Assessment of Genetic Diversity and Population Structure in Iranian Cannabis Germplasm
Aboozar Soorni, Reza Fatahi, David C. Haak, Seyed Alireza Salami & Aureliano Bombarely

Max E. Winston, Jarrad Hampton-Marcell, Iratxe Zarraonaindia, Sarah M. Owens, Corrie S. Moreau, Jack A. Gilbert, Josh Hartsel, Suzanne J. Kennedy, S. M. Gibbons,

Post426
The potential therapeutic effects of THC on Alzheimer's disease.
Cao C1, Li Y2, Liu H1, Bai G2, Mayl J3, Lin X1, Sutherland K4, Nabar N5, Cai J2.

In vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer's Disease.

Post421 (Karl Hillig work)
A Systematic Investigation of Cannabis
March 2005
DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.2648.3680
Thesis for: Karl Hillig Ph.D.Advisor: Paul G. Mahlberg
A Multivariate Analysis of Allozyme Variation in 93 Cannabis Accessions from the VIR Germplasm Collection
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 9:2, 5-22,

Genetic Evidence for Speciation in Cannabis (Cannabaceae)
Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution · January 2005
DOI: 10.1007/s10722-003-4452-y

A CHEMOTAXONOMIC ANALYSIS OF CANNABINOID VARIATION IN CANNABIS (CANNABACEAE)
American Journal of Botany 91(6): 966–975. 2004.

A chemotaxonomic analysis of terpenoid variation in Cannabis
Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 32 (2004) 875–891

A Combined Analysis of Agronomic Traits and Allozyme Allele Frequencies for 69 Cannabis Accessions
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 10:1, 17-30,

A Systematic Investigation of Cannabis (THESIS)
https://www.researchgate.net/profile...f-Cannabis.pdf

Differentiating Powdery Mildew from False Powdery Mildew
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 13:1, 78-87,

Early Iconography of Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica
Journal of Industrial Hemp, 13:2, 189-203,

Post435
Work by Etienne de Meijer:

The Inheritance of Chemical Phenotype in Cannabis sativa L.
Etienne P. M. de Meijer, Manuela Bagatta, Andrea Carboni, Paola Crucitti,
V. M. Cristiana Moliterni, Paolo Ranalli and Giuseppe Mandolino
Genetics. 2003 Jan; 163(1): 335–346.
DOI: 10.1007/s10681-016-1721-3 ...

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (II): Cannabigerol predominant plants
E. P. M. de Meijer & K. M. Hammond
Euphytica (2005) 145: 189–198
DOI: 10.1007/s10681-005-1164-8

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (III): variation in cannabichromene proportion
E. P. M. de Meijer · K. M. Hammond · M. Micheler
Euphytica (2009) 165:293–311
DOI 10.1007/s10681-008-9787-1

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (IV): cannabinoid-free plants
E. P. M. de Meijer, E K. M. Hammond, A Sutton
Euphytica (2009) 168:95–112
DOI 10.1007/s10681-009-9894-7

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (V): regulation of the propyl-/pentyl cannabinoid ratio, completion of a genetic model
Euphytica
DOI 10.1007/s10681-016-1721-3

Sequence heterogeneity of cannabidiolic- and tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-synthase in Cannabis sativa L. and its relationship with chemical phenotype
Phytochemistry. 2015 Aug;116:57-68.
doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2015.03.006.

Post436
Work by Medicinal Genomics in progress
Single molecule sequencing reveals the structure of the Bt:Bd allele in Cannabis

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Work by Etienne de Meijer:
Diversity In Cannabis, 1994 book of his thesis

The Inheritance of Chemical Phenotype in Cannabis sativa L.
Etienne P. M. de Meijer, Manuela Bagatta, Andrea Carboni, Paola Crucitti,
V. M. Cristiana Moliterni, Paolo Ranalli and Giuseppe Mandolino
Genetics. 2003 Jan; 163(1): 335–346.
DOI: 10.1007/s10681-016-1721-3 ...

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (II): Cannabigerol predominant plants
E. P. M. de Meijer & K. M. Hammond
Euphytica (2005) 145: 189–198
DOI: 10.1007/s10681-005-1164-8

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (III): variation in cannabichromene proportion
E. P. M. de Meijer · K. M. Hammond · M. Micheler
Euphytica (2009) 165:293–311
DOI 10.1007/s10681-008-9787-1

The inheritance of chemical phenotype in Cannabis sativa L. (IV): cannabinoid-free plants
E. P. M. de Meijer, E K. M. Hammond, A Sutton
Euphytica (2009) 168:95–112
DOI 10.1007/s10681-009-9894-7

Euphytica
DOI 10.1007/s10681-016-1721-3

Phytochemistry. 2015 Aug;116:57-68.
doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2015.03.006.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
After years of single molecule sequencing we have finally mapped the Bt:Bd allele at a single nucleotide level. This data reveals a finer classification of Etienne de Meijers' work on Cannabis Chemotypes. The Type I-V nomenclature has been expanded to include multiple subtypes of Cannabis chemotypes. The Type II class is of particular importance given recent TypeII patents that fail to precisely define Bt:Bd genotypes. We have 2/3 youPCR assays on our webstore that can test your parents for these alleles. Knowledge of your parents allele balance enables one to predict punnett squares for breeding.

Attachments

• medicianal genomics.jpg
    medicianal genomics.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After years of single molecule sequencing we have finally mapped the Bt:Bd allele at a single nucleotide level. This data reveals a finer classification of Etienne de Meijers' work on Cannabis Chemotypes. The Type I-V nomenclature has been expanded to include multiple subtypes of Cannabis chemotypes. The Type II class is of particular importance given recent TypeII patents that fail to precisely define Bt:Bd genotypes. We have 2/3 youPCR assays on our webstore that can test your parents for these alleles. Knowledge of your parents allele balance enables one to predict punnett squares for breeding.

Can you elaborate on how we can use this Sam? A little guidance perhaps as to how we would be able to predict the punnetts. Would we be punnetting the Chemotypes? How?