What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Happiness is..... a good book

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
we all do most of our reading online these days
but some of us still love to relax with a good old-fashioned book.

do you have any books that you just loved and want to recommend?

did a book change the way you looked at life?

what is your favourite author?

:tiphat:

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
T.C.Boyle- Budding Prospects

i can't say that this book changed my life but i think it would be of interest
to anyone interested in a fictional story of a Northern California outdoor grower

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
The book of 5 rings by miyamoto musashi
Musashi by eiji yoshikawa
Aikido and the dynamic sphere by Westbrook & ratti
:biggrin:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been reading the outlander series (it's 9 books altogether) for the last year, it's soooooo good, can't stop reading it, it's a series on starz too but not the same as the book. It's about time travel and so much more!!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Delving deep into the "Transhumanist Wager" - another free ebook I found!

Quite the tale of a society sort of like now, with a visionary hero set to change the world, even if by revolution of the most dire sort. Presently 1/3 into it with a total of 900+ pages, where will it go next?

Also reading Michio Kaku... theoretical physics.

:)

SoufLondon

Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams etc.

I do most of my leisure reading on my mobile phone nowadays with the kindle app. I do read an actual book sometimes but the problem is real books arent backlit so you need a lamp, which annoys the other half

SoufLondon

Love discworld. Science fiction and cannabis go together so well. One of the all time "great" combos in life. Like tea and milk or bread and butter.

Jahnice

thicker skin in training
ICMag Donor
As a teen I loved 'the hiitch hikers guide to the Galaxy' series

Now I love Douglas Coupland, (also a stoner)

He sets his some stories in the near future ,
Some are dead on the 'zeitgeist' of the time.
I call it future fiction but not sure what retailers would say.

Most recent book of his that I have read is 'Generation Y'
A future in 10-15 years or so where we have killed off the bees and honey is the price of gold.

Most recent read..

Ruth Ozeki, '
'a tale for the time being'

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My favorite book of all time is Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut. I have read it at least 3 times. It was his second novel, and from 1959!

space travel, and a mars invasion on earth make it such a fun read.

The OMNI anthologies of best SF short stories of the year, it was mind expanding to think of the possibilities of the future of life

Latest posts

Latest posts