What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which books to get started growing?

Ghudda

What are some current books to buy? I've never grown before, grow partner has, but I'd still want a book(s) that go into details on:

Grow room design/setups
The different strains
Something all encompassing (one of the bibles?)

I'd like to get some current books that may go into some detail with Aeroponics, LEDS, T5s, vertical growing, and at least Hydroponics.

G

greenmatter

if you have to own a "grow book" look at Cervates' bible, Rosenthal's new one and Greg Greens bible. they are all good reads, but if you start reading some stickies on this site and ask good questions you can save a couple bucks....... those books are really just "primers"

what cervantes is to "the cat in the hat" is what IC mag is to " war and peace"

R

rock solid

Ghudda youre posting in the best book possible imho right here.:) more wisdom here than any books in the shops.:tiphat:

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
+1

Start reading here.

Read everything about your style of growing. Then start asking questions, in certain threads that pertain to your style.

Then branch out to the theoretical knowledge.

Iraganji

I'd like to get some current books that may go into some detail with Aeroponics, LEDS, T5s, vertical growing, and at least Hydroponics.

As already mentioned, the available books are dated and broadly painted.
Current and detail they do not have. I keep the Cervantes Bible as a bathroom reader. It's very good for what it is.

For up to date and detail, well this is the place to be.
:ying:

O

OrganicOzarks

Most grow books suck. I liked DJ Short's, but it was still very basic. Look into advanced gardening books. Also look for botany books. It seems like they make grow books for the restarted.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Books? We don't need not steenking books!
Seriously, it's ALL on this site, just poke around.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well I would get:

ed roth's new book
jorge's new book, jorge's simple book if you want to understand basics,
CK watson book
greg green new book

the biggest ones are from ed roth, ck watson and the greg green one.

I to tell you don't need the knowledge of books, but I love them, and have alot alot of growing books.. fun to flip though on the rainy day..

don't let people fool you into not needing a book.. books are great things to have around, are portable, and a quick reference.. how is a book not good to have???

remember, the best grower is one who observes.. it's all you need to learn. there's gonna be ups and downs, but don't get frustrated, stick with it and you'll get along just fine

I

imnotkrazy

Just about any you might have in the stack will work to prop your pots up closer to the lights :)

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
This site covers more information about growing Cannabis than any book you could buy. The amount of grower experience on the mag is far larger than any fifty books. You can ask questions from real growers that have been there before you and most have made the same mistakes your likely to make,but won't should you seek the advise grasshopper.
Your in the best spot you could ever want to learn about growing dope.
:plant grow::plant grow::smoweed::smoweed:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you found this site,for me that was the day i STOPPED buying books.this is the best plaace to learn,you have access to the some of the best and most talented growers in the world at the touch of the keypad.every subject you could possibly have a question about has probably been touched on atleast a few times and there is much info to be soaked in,constantly updated too,what book you know thats gonna update itself????
the search button is ur friend maing,advanced search.
peace-T-

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Agree! I bought Cervantes book a couple months after getting on ICMAG, and it really pissed me off, because there wasn't a damn thing in that book that wasn't on this site for FREE.

But sometimes:

You can take the horse to ICMAG but you can't make it use Search..!

I keep Cervantes' book by the "throne"... for those long distance calls... LOL

Ojo

C

camoxnhx

READ READ READ whats on ICMAG. lots of good info. But as far as books go these are the 2 i have for references and have helped me threw some tuff times in the life cycle of ganja

had to remove photos :(

these books are pretty thick so there plenty of knowledge in them. but ic has most of what these have in them.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
The book of headband707 needs some new sweet cheap bud got me started for only 99999 a real steal if you ask me lol peace out Headband707

Yeah you don't need a book the net is all you need

Last edited:
C

camoxnhx

That Greg Green Grow Bible is full of misinformation...

i beg to differ. covers all all aspects of growing and is more detailed then the Marijuana Horticulture book. now give me a example of misinformation in this book. then i shall agree :tiphat:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
i beg to differ. covers all all aspects of growing and is more detailed then the Marijuana Horticulture book. now give me a example of misinformation in this book. then i shall agree :tiphat:

I didn't take notes of all the things that made me say "Huh?", but here's a random example:

"Cannabis plants need a steady pH of 7."

Latest posts

Latest posts