What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Argentina's rare "Epuyen"

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hi people, I'm from Argentina, and last summer I grew this rare strain called "Epuyen". It's special cause it was genetically modified by an engineer so it would smell like mint. The main goal of that change was to avoid the police's dog control. The dogs could never identify this marihuana, but nevertheless, the "peacemakers" found the guy and jailed him.

And this one really smells like mint, specially once dried and put into jars. After a couple of days, it will smell like barbecue, but then when you grind the nugs the smell is so intense you want to eat them.

It's a dominant sativa hybrid, the lineage is unknown, some say it's a cross between some dutch skunk and a paraguaian sativa. It hits like a sativa, it's energetic, and it does not blur the senses,at least if you smoke half a joint. The taste and the odor while smoked are unique, so much it makes you wanna smoke it all day.

Pics:

I hope you like it

Rinse

Veteran
Looks good but Ive got strains that smell like mint I dont see the need to gm them to get this smell...

What Im saying is I dont get the gm bit because a cross between a dutch skunk and paraguaian sativa could easily have mint smell if the right parents were selected there are plenty of mint strains out there.

Not hating or anything it really does look like good herb Im just doubting the background can you provide any more info on who gm'd it??

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Looks good but Ive got strains that smell like mint I dont see the need to gm them to get this smell...

What Im saying is I dont get the gm bit because a cross between a dutch skunk and paraguaian sativa could easily have mint smell if the right parents were selected there are plenty of mint strains out there.

Not hating or anything it really does look like good herb Im just doubting the background can you provide any more info on who gm'd it??

All I know is the following. That the man who did the change did it because the herb didn't have that smell, so he changed something to avoid the dogs (I think he was some kind of dealer too), and then made some seeds which where kept inside a very close group of friends. Then, someone spread the seeds and clones soon reached othe parts of the country.

This strain was created in south Argentina in a house lab this guy had in the city of Epuyen, but after he was put in jail everything finished. He was a 50+ grower.

As I know nothing about genetics, I can't provide more information. That's all I know. I got the clone from a friend who lives in city where they got lots of Epuyen clones.

mithra

Nice looking plant, I agree with Rinse, if you select the proper parents a mint smelling strain is possible. If I remember correctly mint was one of the odors that DJ Short said was linked with low potency?

Dr_Tre

Good looking plant!:tiphat:
That said, I doubt a single man (even a dealer :laughing:) would invest the time and money to genecally modify a plant to smell like mint.Anyway it's a dangerous game and I believe it's best to stay away from anything GM.:yikes:

nomaad

Veteran
maybe there is a language gap. does the OP think that "genetic modification" and "breeding" are the same thing?

burningfire

Veteran
there's no difference but the way he worded it seemed to imply that he modified it in a lab through gene splicing.. which in itself isn't different than breeding, if you stick to genes found in cannabis.

I've found that mint is more frequent in south indian genetics, while I don't agree with DJ on a lot of his claims, the minty sativas are usually mild but energetic.

Squiggles

Z99 by moonunit and wally duck
i had a pheno that smelled of chocolate mint
potency was mild but the high was bliss, great smily herb

blan-k-flor

Veteran
Hola sweet emotion:wave:! I´m from Argentina too:). Nice to see some mythic epuyén growing. Yesterday i cut a few ladies from El Bolsón :), i recognize that didn´t trusted those seeds at first... but they made beautiful fruity and resinous buds! Waiting to dry and cure now ;)! :wave:

sweet-emotion

Veteran
Hola sweet emotion:wave:! I´m from Argentina too:). Nice to see some mythic epuyén growing. Yesterday i cut a few ladies from El Bolsón :), i recognize that didn´t trusted those seeds at first... but they made beautiful fruity and resinous buds! Waiting to dry and cure now ;)! :wave:

That's great!!...unfortunately I didn't keep a clone, but a friend of mine got 2 of them right now, so I will have the chance to try it again...

abrazo!!!

Rastatrue

hey now,

as i can only see this plant, it could smell like pussy, it's frigging gorgeous.

You don't want to know how I genetically modified a plant to smell like pussy. Let just say my girlfriend spent along time in bed, those sativa's take so long to finish.

Latest posts

Latest posts