What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Strains for Yeild and Quality

MHHSP

Alright so kind of a generic question... I'm looking on getting a more commercial strain as far as yield is concerned. I still want quality genetics with good smoke and effect characteristics.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. If you have a record, maybe list a yield as per watt and a smoke report.

I'm running a larger plant SOG with 20 plants in 1 gallons in a 3x3 foot area.

Thank you.

D

danimarie193

Mezmakronic has a big yeild and i didnt think I was going to like it but it is a good smoke aswell. Smells skunky. Pulled about five zips on three plants under 400 watts.

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Look at the description of the strains you are interested in. The breeders will most of the time tell you if it will yield or not. Also, do not forget that every pheno is going to have a different yield potential. You still have to go through your pack(s) and run them through clone before you can make a determination.

No one says this shit's easy....this is not the case however if you have access to an already proven cut of a particular strain...either from a friend or dispensary...which has already been proven to yield big.

Most of the time you are going to have to come to a middle point between yield/potency-bag appeal. If you can grow something that people are really going to enjoy..and will be willing to pay more for....than that will make up for the lost yield.

I normally get about half ounce per 1.5 foot plant in a sog setup...using coco and 5X5 containers. Obviously they can do better...but for right now that is where I know if I am not getting that with this particular strain there is a problem somewhere else. Only hands on experience and a lot of time with a particular strain can get you consistent and good. So pick a few packs of beans...and have fun hunting.

C

CANNATOPIA

Best of luck friend. I've grown many strains & have had several different yeilds in several grows of the same strain. Yields are dependent on much more than just the strain itself. I do however think more Indica dominant strains tend to have thicker bigger buds vs sativas but at the same time I have seen some amazing crosses with heavy leaning sativa %'s have HUGE BUDS & Yeilds.

C

CANNATOPIA

sensi star jtr ganesh NL5 ak47
& this list could go on for dAys lol good choices for sure but man there is a whole world full of great cannabis. Grow out a few well-known strains, some you have heard of for years & go from there. :)

I

InvisibleEmpire

This thread again? LOL

There are nice hybrids that yield nicely, but what it boils down to is that it's all relative to your specific setup and is too dependent on many other factors for people to give you an educated response...people can have good yields and recommend a particular strain, but like Can said above Indica's produce thicker buds normally which is normally preferable in commercial ops, so I would shoot for those...

I'm sure Serious Seeds AK47/Chronic for example would yield nice in a good setup, but I also feel that BOG strains, Chem strains...would do the same...given the proper environments.

Reminds me of the thread where the guy only got 12 ounces on a 2,000 watt setup...nobody knows if it was the strain, his growing technique, lighting...see what i mean...

ouch quite the story there 2000w = 12 ounces :(

Purepowerplant yielded good for me my first grow, doing chronic now and i've been doing alot of research on what phenotype that yield and smoke best. so i'm on my search for that grape ape pheno, I think i got it :)

S

staff11

Problem with chronic is the awful taste imo, yeah it yields good, but it needs an EXTENDED cure to bring out any flavor.... And that was with more then one pheno. Most high yeilding strains just don't seem to have the flavor I am after.

headees

Pure Power Plant def yields well. Pulled close to 6lbs off 2kw using vertical stadium style.
But like people are saying the genetics are only half the battle if that, the environment plays a bigger part. My buddy running the same Power Plant clones pulled way less and had more light....
There are better options than PPP BTW, not that its bad.

Latest posts

Latest posts