What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Gold #3 and other semi-autos?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy folks!

Just wanted to start a thread outside of my Guerilla Growers Underground thread, because this is a direct question that I want to focus on outside of that thread.

I am around 36° South East Kentucky and I have been very interested in Real Gorilla Seeds gear. Mostly because they are specifically bred for the outdoors and have lots of very early finishing strains that claim to be harvested in between the months of July and September. The GG#3 really sparks my interest as it should finish around August.

This brings me to my concerns and curiosity. These Semi- Auto strains are mostly bred and worked in the more northern hemisphere of the world, I am assuming around 45° plus. Not really sure as I have not done extensive research on them yet concerning that matter, but I would like to know how they would perform somewhere like here in the southern Appalachia. We have much longer extended grow seasons here than up North, I can run plants into the months of late October and even into middle of November if we have a good year. I have my staple outdoor strains that I have selected over the years that I know perform well here, most of these strains I use finish between middle of September to first of November. Although I luckily have the advantage of being able to run plants that late into the year, we have far much less daylight hours than a up North.

Has anyone ran these early finishing Semi- Auto type genetics around my latitude with success? I am still gonna grow out my normal plants that I always have, but I would like to add some good mold resistant strains that will finish in August, I mean of course the earlier you can pull your plants and the earlier they finish for you in a Guerilla type grow, the better.

I am very experienced with the normal photo-period strains but have hardly any experience with Semi autos.

If these plants could provide me around 4 zips per, I would be more than happy to grow them out and order bulk beans. The GG#3/mighty mike strains really grab my attention the most. Its just deciding wether they will perform as well here in my environment with less daylight hours as they would in the Northern Hemisphere where they are obviously bred and tested.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help as I need to be ordering the beans very soon!

:tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Because they are semi-autos, they'll finish earlier than your photoperiods. We have several we developed. More yield/stature than an auto but finishes earlier than photos.

Ruderalis genes (autoflowering) do the work, regardless of latitude. Good luck!

Can't speak for Gorilla Gold....from description, sounds similar to H4H, Esbe's Guerrilla Gold that BreederBrad formulated.

Latest posts

Latest posts