What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for CO2 Oil Consultant!

Co2lover

Very interesting about IES. I know a unit thats running at EvoLab. They seemed happy with it. As for me, I guess anything other than a Waters is blown away. I never heard of Vitalis ET. Ill look into it.

EastCoast710

I can run 3 1000 grams cycles a day in my 5l apeks.

How many runs could a close-loop BHO extractor run in a 8hr shift?

I would be willing to bet on a operational cost comparison Co2 and BHO are very close in cost per gram of finished product.

The big factor that gives BHO the edge is that the current generation of Co2 machines are not completely functional and grossly over priced for their production rates.

A closed loop Ethyl machine could produce greater volumes than any other means simply because the cycle times would be minutes per pound instead of hours.

doesn't Co2 oil extract without rarely any terps? the only advantage I thought of Co2 was that the oil was great for edibles so no1 tastes weed and u can get a great reputation for having edibles that fuck you up without having to have some nasty tastes in yoru mouth lol .

raven44

doesn't Co2 oil extract without rarely any terps? the only advantage I thought of Co2 was that the oil was great for edibles so no1 tastes weed and u can get a great reputation for having edibles that fuck you up without having to have some nasty tastes in yoru mouth lol .

Incorrect.

Co2 when applied properly extracts all the terp. Leaving behind no terps like Bho does.

U never get a full terp return w Bho it seems

I like their 90L system the best. It has 2 sets of everything (2 extraction vessels and 2 sets of 2 separators), so production never has to cease for anything other than 500 hour maintenance breaks.

Ha, no. It requires a couple hours (less once you get it down) of maintenance every 500 hours of operation.

Hahahaha, ok that makes more sense. My 2x20L is designed to be continuous operation as well at 4L/min flow rate, PSI caps out at 2k which I'm mildly annoyed about because I'd have capped at 3k personally but it wasn't my call. I was invited up to Vitalis ET to see an in person demo but I won't be able to get away until mid Q1 next year.

Well, let me know when you want to check it out. I will send someone up as well. We do the installation, training, and service for Vitalis.

FYI, the Vitalis is flowing 15KG/minute (Co2 density is roughly .93 KG = 1L at Vitalis max pressure).

oneshot

I've been using a Waters 5L for the past year or so. It's been nothing but problems. Lots of stupid breakdowns and clogging issues. Getting consistent results has been troubling.

I've been struggling to get a pure liquid extraction with the machine but its a pain. Anyone with a Waters that wants to share some ideas feel free to PM or talk in the thread. This machine seems to be the hardest to dial in to really make something special. Their 'run it at 344bar' method of training is bullshit and produces a CRAP product. I suggest no one runs the Waters settings they recommend.

I've been using a Waters 5L for the past year or so. It's been nothing but problems. Lots of stupid breakdowns and clogging issues. Getting consistent results has been troubling.

I've been struggling to get a pure liquid extraction with the machine but its a pain. Anyone with a Waters that wants to share some ideas feel free to PM or talk in the thread. This machine seems to be the hardest to dial in to really make something special. Their 'run it at 344bar' method of training is bullshit and produces a CRAP product. I suggest no one runs the Waters settings they recommend.

Gross, no way would I run higher than 200bar. My new machine is capped at ~138bar currently which is why I'm looking at Vitalis. That high pressure is unnecessary IMO, I would rather put my money into a Vitalis Extraction machine with a higher flow rate rather than trying to hammer the material at high PSI to improve solubility.

oneshot

Gross, no way would I run higher than 200bar. My new machine is capped at ~138bar currently which is why I'm looking at Vitalis. That high pressure is unnecessary IMO, I would rather put my money into a Vitalis Extraction machine with a higher flow rate rather than trying to hammer the material at high PSI to improve solubility.

Yeah I don't go above 200bar on my runs. I keep a low flow rate though. I'm focusing on trying to do an all liquid extraction. Today's run was a failure.

People still using Co2 these days ? .. Silly Wabbits.

The assumption that CO2 hasn't improved and won't improve is what is silly. CO2 has a bad name because a bunch of back yard blasters were sold machines by unethical salespeople whom didn't care to point out the necessary infrastructure or education requirements for CO2 processing, let alone understood the extraction model well enough to account for flow rate in addition to solubility, separation and temperature guidelines. LHC has a fast turn around time, but CO2 isn't dead by any means.

Yeah I don't go above 200bar on my runs. I keep a low flow rate though. I'm focusing on trying to do an all liquid extraction. Today's run was a failure.

I really wish NDA's didn't prevent cross talk, the collaboration that could be happening that isn't happening is disheartening from a professional standpoint.

Old Gold

^ I preach daily. Couldn't have said it better.....with the moral standpoint as important, if not more, than the professional standpoint.

Oneshot, I've been following your liquid extraction experiment on Instagram. I can't PM, but I would love to get a Vitalis system in your hands. 15 KG/minute maximum flow-rate! We are replacing Waters systems pretty frequently. 0 down financing available.