What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP!! How long to sex, at only 3 a bit weeks

Marley

O.K peeps, they were 3 and a half weeks old and i have put them into budding so i no who who. Then i want to put them back into veag for a week. I have left the growlux bulb in just change it to 12/12.
Now i am a bit worried about haw long they will take to sex? because they r so young.

am i ever doing the right think putting them back to veag? i thought i cant hurt.

Well this is like a sounding box, dont really want to start fcukin about with them to much. man i am one of those real in patient mothers, that cant stop touchin them ( female not males) i just want the female to fill the space. Its also day 3 of 12/12.

Think i might hit a pipe to relax me, just want my baby to grow to great looking female like the ones u can allmost taste.

Look i ever start talking shit

Peace out

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
i think it should be ok, iots as far as i know, a fairly common practise, in order to sex plants, and then reveg em as soon as they lift their skirts.

KRS Juan

Can you both share what your smoking??????

It is not common practice what so ever, at least around these parts. Putting it into flower, then re-vegging, then flowering will stunt and stress your plants for sure.

Just use 18/6 during veg, instead of 24/0 and your plants will all show preflowers as soon as they are sexually mature. Or you could take clones and flower those to sex.
Or you could just veg until they are as big as you want them, then flower and destroy the males, like 80% of the mj growing world.

-KRS Juan-

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
what i meant was, just to get it to show, and as soon as it shows, back to 18/6, i know i have read it a few times somewhere in og.

KRS Juan

I dont care how little space or light you have, I still feel it will stunt the plant and is not a great idea. I certainly believe you that people do it, but people do stupid wrong things to their plant every day.

18/6 works. I have 8 different strains going this grow, they all showed sex after a month and a half veg.

-KRS Juan-

G

I agree with KRS...why put extra stress on your plants...if you really can't afford the space than at the least take cuttings from your plant and flower those....

I going to put a third on that. Putting them back to Veg doesn't sound like a good idea. I have heard of re-vegging after harvesting 90% of the plant. People who do this are usually aware of the length of time it takes to recover foilage (usually longer than starting new plants from seed and definitely longer than rooting clones) and are willing to sacrifice some potency.

Marley

Thanks peeps

Thanks peeps

O.K i have so far cut down to males one being sensi skunk and g13xorange widow, I also have 1 female witch is whos your daddy.

I really dont like doing what i am doing normaly i would give them 6-8 weeks veag, but everythink has to be down, dry and qur by the 27th oct got a wed over seas. I no i am stressing the plants, but time is not somethink i have a lot of. I could of left them 5-6 weeks and then flowered, but this is all a learning curve and i have learn a big one.

How would this type of stress effect the plants? Size, bud size ect?

Thanks all for the theed back and in furture i will not be doing this, i am so glade i have u all to help. This is day 4 of 12/12, i also think that there r 2-3 pertensonal male.

Thanks again and i hope all is having a good day.

Peace out

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
after seeing so many ppl say it aintg right, i now concede, it cant be, i know i read it a few times tho, i wont be doin it lol

see the 'what the hell' thread
journeyman took the advice to reveg and his mother is now in stress - Harry you are right I have seen many people advising reveging on IC - WHY - take a 'kin cutting and either put that onto 12/12 to sex or keep the cutting for your mother and put the big plant on 12/12 ('s what i do cause there will be a decent smoke from the big plant)

KRS Juan

Marley: If they are already in flower, and you have to have them by october, then just leave them in flower. By switching light cycles too much you would confuse the plant a ton. This will slow the plants cycle, and could make flowering take twice as long. You would end up with small and immature buds by the time you need to harvest. In the photo's in your gallery they really dont look that small, so I say either put them back in veg ASAP or just leave them in flower till they are done.

-KRS Juan-

Marley

Hey Peeps

Hey Peeps

O.K i am changing my growlux to my orsram budding blub, there all sayin in budding.

Sometimes i think i keep cing males and i am prang of leaving them in there to long. But not intill i c a the flower, not cutting down. Man i ever think i have cut down to females, i think the weed is playin with my mind.

Still bit dig about how big they will be at the end, i like to c a big ass plant with nice size tops ( man i think its the weed again )

Thanks again peace out

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
hi therre, as a fellow uk grower i just wanted to say hello, im harry, up north, SORRY PPL, LOL THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PM