What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Malawi by Ace Seeds meant to be Malawi Gold?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I'm not completely sure how the phylos galaxy works to be honest.

I have the same question as you concerning how you determine if the OG in mangobiche is actually modern OGKush or if its just hashplants that share similar genetic components.

I'm going to PM Sam and ask if he can explain that

According to phylos "Mangobiche Colombia has heritage primarily stemming from Landrace, with a smaller contribution from Skunk, Hemp." "Mangobiche Colombia is genetically distant from these varieties Bubba Kush.."

So a bit of skunk but no relation to kush.

Cpt00tbk

Maybe the killer cut as bein hybridised with an other strain from around too, im currently growing one and it really dont show any indica trait, theres a lot of different sativa growing around and some more relaxing, a mix of both can create a ''cerebral couchlock'', i'll be really surprised that killer clone have somme indica genes...

Genghis Kush

According to phylos "Mangobiche Colombia has heritage primarily stemming from Landrace, with a smaller contribution from Skunk, Hemp." "Mangobiche Colombia is genetically distant from these varieties Bubba Kush.."

So a bit of skunk but no relation to kush.

Yeah I saw that, there is also another mangobiche sample that has a small amount of Berry, CBD, Hemp and Kush in it.
The samples are listed under Sams name maybe he can explain things.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yeah I saw that, there is also another mangobiche sample that has a small amount of Berry, CBD, Hemp and Kush in it.
The samples are listed under Sams name maybe he can explain things.

That berry seems to correlate with something from around the Himalayas, could be landrace stuff even though it registers as berry. I think I'll make a thread where we can have a more in depth discussion on the details.

idiit

Veteran
Ace's Malawi has some kick ass phenos . Here's some of Baked Beanz hybrid work with the killer mum:

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=332722&page=41

smoke report on this Killer Mum/black lime reserve hybrid:
Been testing potency. Giving it away or smoking with people. Nobody wants to finish a joint with me, not even half a joint Total body numb after 1-2 tokes. Takes away all the aches and pains of being a old man Then a headkick, confusion, euphoria, some racy paranoia and then more narcotic effects. Don't want to head for the couch but sure as hell don't feel like doing any complicted tasks. Long lasting, still buzzed out after 3 hours. I love this cross, my kind of buzz. Fuck them candyass strains. I have malawi
Hey BB, I gots some Malawi's too. I be knowing what you say my man. :)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=332722&page=41

^ must view thread imo. Big time thumbs up to BB for the work he's putting out.

Ace's Malawi has a more complex high than I've found in wld's. Maybe there is some wld in Ace's Malawi but wld is getting into landrace sativas all over the world. Just gotta find a special plant you like and run with it like Baked Beanz does.

J

jaded1

Has anyone found purple plants in any of the non ace/seedsman Malawi's?Always felt there was some kind of purple indica somewhere in it's heritage

Limeygreen

Veteran
I think it is important to remember with phylos that they say a lot of things are related to kush or skunk but it doesn't seem to classify if they share parents or that actual breed from what I can tell. To me this seems that they share common ancestors.

I just collected a bunch of Malawi seeds directly from Malawi over the weekend. I have a Malawian gentleman working on the farm from Nkohotakota who helped me source them. Sending a few off to a friend in the US and will run a couple here just for fun. Would be interested in buying Ace version and run a few off against original land race.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I think it is important to remember with phylos that they say a lot of things are related to kush or skunk but it doesn't seem to classify if they share parents or that actual breed from what I can tell. To me this seems that they share common ancestors.

Phylos is still filling up with data, I think there is more to come from there as they get more information.

With wind born pollen, most or all "pure" lines will have a little of something else, even if it is totally overpowered by the dominance of the local line, IMO you will for example now find traces of, for example, OG and Northern Lights in Punto Rojo

Landish

Just started my first Ace malawi grow

Just started my first Ace malawi grow

Dont see any indica traits at the moment, and shes next to a female seeds iced grapefruit (pretty indica heavy) and the contrast is pretty stark. They've been flowering for about 3 weeks now and the Malawi already looks behind by about a week.

Very excited :D.

DWC indoor grow, 3x3x7 tent. The Malawi is really pushing the top of the tent, i've had to use some bending techniques which I previously only had to use during a Sugar Black Rose F1 grow.

Will update on results if any interest, just checking the forums here for advice on flowering times, etc. Appreciate any tips if this prompts them. Cheers.

Land

This is from Seeds of Africa back in 2015. I've gotten Malawi Gold from them since and it has been polluted with other genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts