What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zamzia's floating ideas thread

zamzia

Veteran
Hey fellow growing buddies, it's me again!

I'm putting this thread up for my own benefit because my memory can fail me often, but I hope some of you will contribute thoughts and ideas.

Some time ago I read a thread Heath Robinson did where he modded 3 x ten pot Wilma systems. He basically joined them with waste pipe fittings and had a remote rez. The Wilmas also had a 5" hole cut for each pot so the net pot sat low and in the recirculating nutrient water. He used it as a perpetual system. Each of the 10 pot trays was filled three weeks apart so there was, eventually, a tray being harvested every three weeks. Each tray had a 600W horizontal HPS over it and he pulled 26oz from the first tray (IF memory services me correctly). Taking from this idea I bought a 4 pot Wilma YEARS ago and until last night it sat there. It now has 4 x 5" holes for nets pots to sit in. I'm thinking of popping this in a 1m2 tent I have spare and get back to my original grow style of scrog. I have a cloner full of various interesting strains so I could get something in there this weekend spare time permitting.

Traditional Ecological Knowledge

Last edited:

zamzia

Veteran
Here are the cut out Wilmas. Need to cut out a hole for the tank connector and find a suitable reservoir.

zamzia

Veteran
I spent a fair chunk of my evening getting on with this. Might get some cuts in it tonight, hopefully.

zamzia

Veteran
I'm sure it'll be a headache, but as it's on a small scale I'll cope! Best thing would be all the same strain as they have to have the same nutrient schedule etc. The main thing that will be a bum is how they grow to fill the screen and when they are ready to harvest. Time will tell. Just for an experience :)

zamzia

Veteran
Oh, and a pic of the plants. They are now at 2 weeks veg and I topped them after 6 days in veg. Taking a little while to settle in, but I have no doubt that they will grow very nicely over the next week or so :)

zamzia

Veteran
So I am tweaking the flower room ready for a major overhaul :)

Before:

After:

Orca will be applied all the way round when space becomes available and the tree growing will go on the back burner for a while once these two (possible a third and final grow) are finished :)

zamzia

Veteran
Just a test

picture.php

zamzia

Veteran
Orca

Orca

Finally finished putting Orca on the walls of the flower room. The change over to the new system is getting there. Moving the exhaust fans around with the new 6" hyper fan installed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

zamzia

Veteran
More progress thankfully. Took day off work and cracked on.

Oversized pallet used to place the Wilma systems on. I've given it extra height so I have a reasonable buffer in the reservoir. Walls are all Orca'd up as is the top of the pallet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mounted necessaries on the walls and sorted air intake and exhaust.

picture.php

Put the first hood up to get an idea of placement. The other hoods I have are different models. I am considering getting an E-pap 600W to sit over the middle tray, but £££££ has stopped me so far.

First run to go through this will be the Khalisi project plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts