What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anson,TX Police Make $36000 Pot Bust 5_10

B

BrnCow

Anson Police Department officers say they took about $36,000 worth of marijuana off the streets Thursday during a routine traffic stop.

Chase Beaulieu, 19, and Logan Mac Wade, 21 — both from California — were charged with one count each of being in possession of over five pounds of marijuana in a drug-free zone. Custody records as of Thursday afternoon showed the pair were being held at the Jones County Jail in lieu of a $50,000 bond each.

Chief David Moore said an officer on patrol in the 800 block of Commercial Avenue pulled over a vehicle that had "its bright lights on."

"They failed to dim their headlights and we pulled them over," he said. "This led to the recovery of 12 pounds of marijuana."

Moore said the traffic stop occurred within a 1,000 of a school. The men told police that they were traveling south through Anson and were on their way to Clyde, he said.

B

BrnCow

If you are gonna drive through these small towns, please take the time to observe ALL of the safe driving laws or bring bail money with you...when you hit the city limit sign of ANY small town, dim your damn lights! Also, make sure your car is legal, check your lights every evening at dusk and go home or get a room if they are not ALL working correctly including blinkers, check tire pressures before you leave, keep it full of gas, make sure the registration is in the glove box as well as the paid up insurance papers and you drivers license. No smoking or drinking in the car. Clean the car and floorboards before you leave. Drive within a couple of mph of the posted speed limit. Expect cops to run up on your ass to try and get you to fade, weave, or run and just drive right after they do it. If it gets too bad, pull into a convenience store if possible, go in and piss, buy some coffee or an energy drink - even if you don't drink it, fuck around putting shit in your coffee and whatnot until they leave. Then check the lights again and get back in the car and drive straight out of town observing all laws. Many busts in TX happen because of non working license plate lights or such shit.

B

BrnCow

And chances are that this may not have been happenstance! Bringing a load of $3k dro into a town of 1000 people and likely flashing around a lot of cash might have pissed someone off and they called crimestoppers. Abilene is full of snitches and Clyde is worse...

blackosprey

I got a DUI for failure to dim headlights. I had just turned 21 (by like a month). Many years later, I always make sure my lights are on dim.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
7200 a pound huh? thats some good shit.

I doubtfully this pisshole was were they we're headed.....but that IS a very good price per unit.....I can only think of a couple of places to get close to that......and even their it would be a good price. :tiphat:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
7200 a pound huh? thats some good shit.

Since I'm (briefly) not (too) stoned, I'm gonna correct this...

At first, I read it the same way......5 pounds>$36k = 7+ per piece

Then I read to the bottom of the paragraph.

Recovery of 12 lbs > $36k/12 =$3k per piece

So they're saying, this is the good shit, not some brick from across the border.

If it is brick, then yea, grossly over estimated value

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Since I'm (briefly) not (too) stoned, I'm gonna correct this...

At first, I read it the same way......5 pounds>$36k = 7+ per piece

Then I read to the bottom of the paragraph.

Recovery of 12 lbs > $36k/12 =$3k per piece

So they're saying, this is the good shit, not some brick from across the border.

If it is brick, then yea, grossly over estimated value

huh i only read they recovered 5+ pounds.

rereading it i find who ever wrote this is an idiot and doesnt make sense...

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran

("They failed to dim their headlights and we pulled them over," he said. "This led to the recovery of 12 pounds of marijuana."}

and being stopped w/in 1,000 ft of a school ouch double the sentance. and being cought in a drugg free zone whoooowee send them boys some KY they gonna need it lol.

Lol I don't want to call you an idiot, but think the error is in the reading not the writing. Although it can be interpreted a couple ways.

"were charged with one count each of being in possession of over five pounds of marijuana in a drug-free zone"

2 people, each charged with poss of over 5 p's... so poss of 10 p's+ in total

or the charge they got hit with is within a certain range, ie between 5p's and 20 you get x amount of years... so having 12 p's you would get charged for "poss of over 5 p's" all in the wording...