What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HEADY BLUNTS -- 400w vert micro cab - 22.5" tall -- organic soil w/ blumats!

M

mugenbao

This looks like it's going to be a great run, I already love how it's starting out :D

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
here are the babies! surviving decently despite my neglect...

to x bmr
picture.php

nigerian x bmr
picture.php

punto rojo x afganhi
picture.php

cherryhaze
picture.php

chemd x mat
picture.php

Glad I got in early on this one, I'm already excited to see how this one will turn out!

Here's my setup as it sits, just got ACL surgery yesterday so it will be about a week until I can get back to work on finishing it up and getting some clones going. Thanks again for the design man!

IMAG0597.jpg

IMAG0588-1.jpg

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
:woohoo:

hello vert peeps!

thanks for bringing my thread over HGO. i have been lurkin around these parts for a while now, and i think i'm gonna get some great advice about how to take my grow to the next level from all the knowledgeable heads in here ("dialage" as DHF might say :D ).

so! please take a look around, light a blunt, and feel free to share any suggestions. this is my third round in the cab, but i'm still a major newb, so i can use all the help i can get!

i'm a die hard organic soil nut and a big nerd that loves to read and research. i've got way more knowledge than experience at this point, and hopefully one day i'll have a lot more space to experiment with breeding and such.

currently i'm on a seed run, experimenting with micro-beds, takin some risks with genetics i'm unfamiliar with. oh well! i am gonna train the shit outta these babies and we'll see how well this poly-crop turns out

:watchplant:

i've got a bunch of photos cued up, so expect some updates in the next few days.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
alrighty lets bring this thread up to date.

so last pics were of the seedlings still in their cell trays. i left them in there way too long. i think the dead leaves that i was seeing was related to that. anyway here they are after they got put in some beercups. i had to use ffof for this because all my recycled soil was already in the beds. it actually turned out to be an unusually nice bag of ffof so they were growin pretty happy as long as i remembered to water them.

here we have 3x cherryhaze on the left (an ak x haze cross), the 2 tall skinnies in the middle are nigerian x blue moon rocks, and the last 3 are reddy1's chemd x menage a tois freebies.

picture.php

this tray has 5x punto rojo x afghani on the left, and 3x the one x blue moon rocks.

picture.php

that one TO did not make get to graduate to the next round. weird runty growth since germination and it's not worth the space in my cab to cultivate weaklings.

note: the TO in this cross is the PNW cut that goes back to BOEL in CA in the 70s, not that weird rip off version that s@annies uses. i'll leave the history to clackamas coot, wherever he may be posting nowadays.

and finally my still-struggling reveg of my dieselrella keeper from last summer. i can't get this thing happy. i repotted it into this little container from one of those square 4" pots which i hate.

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i didn't get my act together on the living mulch this time around (although i did get it going in my veggie garden, so at least i'll have some experience w/ it by next round).

i spent a while smoking blunts and considering how to distribute these babies between the two micro beds.

i ended up putting the more indica dominant ones in one bed, and the more sativa dominant ones in the other. i hope that'll simplify things come harvest time.

the PR x A group i had to split. i put two of them in the sativa side, and the other three went in the indica bed.

sorry these pictures are so shitty. i need a new camera.

anyway, here are the beds. the "front" of both beds are facing us. that means that side will be the closest to the light.

indica bed is on the left. the two closest to us are the TO x BMR, the next three are the indica-leaning PR x A, and the last three are the chemD x MAT.

the sativa bed is on the right. in front we have the two sativa-leaning PR x A. the next three are the cherryhaze, and the last two are the N x BMR

picture.php

that was like a week ago and a half ago and here they are in the cab a few days ago, looking SO MUCH HAPPIER!

indica-ish bed:

picture.php

sativa-ish bed:

picture.php

some major lst is about to commence...

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yea those last two pics are after a week in the vert cab. i tried my best to get rid of that orange hps glow :D

edit: here's a stiched photo to give you a vague idea of what is going on. i still need to get my blumats up and running again.

picture.php

Last edited:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Ahh! What a little perspective can do.. I was looking at those pots and trying to finger out, "How's he going to set those up in the cab?!" They looked mondo compared to the space, .. but apparently not. :)

What's the plan with these? Last time 'round, didn't you have a total of 4 ladies?

Seems like more plants this time 'round - are you going for a greater number of smaller plants?

:chin:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yea the beds are about 18" in diameter, so they fit in the cab with a couple inches on each side to spare.

the plan was to plant a bunch of seeds and grow them out over the winter so that i could use cuttings from the best plants for my outdoor run this summer.

now the plan is to veg and train the crap outta these, take cuttings, make moms, and flower these out. the way things are going, i'm gonna be able to put cuttings outside pretty soon, so maybe i'll cull some of these before flower so that the rest have a little more room.

i dunno, i'm kinda just goin with the flow. if i do grow all of thse out, i'm planning on training the front row down to the floor, having the middle row bush out the middle, and gettin gthe last row to grow up and over the others. we'll see how successful that is...

actually the indica-ish bed is growing just right so far...the chemd x mat is growing the fastest in the back row, the pr x a's are keeping even, and the to x bmr is staying short an squat.

picture.php

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Too funny - I meant to mention, I was figurin' you're probably close to getting ready for the balcony again.. I need to go back and re-read, in re: varieties..

I like the plan to flower the shallow multibeds via training in three sort of sections.. Front row, middies, and nosebleeds.

It seems like these modified pots will give you a bit more vertical clearance than last run, or am I just lookin' funny? How deep is the medium in these pots? Heck, they're more like mini-beds than pots! :respect:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
yea, i have a seed hoarding problem.

or i have a not-enough-grow-space problem.

depending on your perspective :joint:

i'm just anxious to get a variety of unique keepers. it was nice harvesting a half pound last round, but you'd be surprised how unappealing all that weed is after you've been smoking it exclusively for months. i need some variety. they say it's the spice of life :D

i've got an order of BOG sour bubble on the way from the 'bay, and hopefully i'll get some nice freebies. i'm digging these chemd x mat reddy1 made. very uniform, already stinky. seems to be popular with the ic members that have grown it out.

i'm hoping for some SOL BS2.2 to add some purple to my collection. i'm also anxious to try some HOL gear, although i can't bring myself to buy anything OG or kush related, and i've got too many cinderella 99 crosses already.

Loudog420 has an untested casey jones x sour diesel that i'd really like to grow outside this summer. i had a cj x sd cross from my dispensary and it was the strongest head trip i've had in a while. super soaring type high that lasted 2x as long as anything else. hope i find something like that if i do get a pack!

the beds are pots and the pots are beds :D they are #20 square smart pots. they've got about 10 gal of my lovely recycled soil in each. I am not getting any more head room, but i am almost doubling the soil volume from the last run. the soil is maybe 10--12" deep. if i could only find the right sized bin to put them in so i don't have to worry about any run-away blumats, then i could get this thing all set up...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
it was nice harvesting a half pound last round, but you'd be surprised how unappealing all that weed is after you've been smoking it exclusively for months. i need some variety. they say it's the spice of life :D

Agreed. Just broke out some Headband from August that I was super duper stoked about then, .. To be honest, I'm even kinda "meh" to smoke it now.. Funny how that happens.

if i could only find the right sized bin to put them in so i don't have to
worry about any run-away blumats, then i could get this thing all set up...

What about just big saucer deals from the garden center, for under a 7 or 10 gallon pot? Or 5, whatever's closer to the bottom of your bedpots.. ? :chin:

The dollar store by me had these plastic trays for putting your gnarly boots in when you come inside, .. ??