What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shooting for 135 grams again with the 135 watt led and coco

Dready_jake

So we are starting a new thread for this round.
I realized I couldn't actually use my old thread because the system is temporarily: DTW instead of recirc, soil style coco instead of multi feed coco(this pot has always been a little big for her), and one single plant with 9 colas as apposed to 9 different plants last time.

I'm also going to be moving in a month so that'll be interesting moving about 1/3-1/2 way through flower.lol but I'm in Colorado, lol ask me if I care.:tiphat:

So another round under the 90 watt draw(135 chip watts), and hopefully I'll have enough for a "1k-killer" for next round.

Last edited:

Dready_jake

Last edited:

Dready_jake

a few notes

a few notes

I keep it super simple regarding pest deterrents. I use wizards brew for soil and leaf pest prevention.

For checking trichomes and checking for pests i have this nifty scope that i mounted on an adjustable camera arm.

here she is outside of the tent before i cleaned her up and put her in the flower room.

and finally here is a pic from last round. i have what looks like 9 solid main colas so im looking for about 9 of these.

for those interested, last round i did not hit 1gpw. I had a little too much diversity in the gene pool and due to a large majority of low yielding/slow vegging strains that have since been culled, i didnt get quite as close to my goal as i had hoped.I had gotten 38 grams with 90 draw watts, making for a ~.42 grams per watt last round(i usually get ~1gpw). but i do best with one large full plant under this light so i should get it or at least get close this round.

Last edited:

Dready_jake

For anyone interested, I got 10 grams of delicious, frosty is an understatement, gorgeousness trim. I just cooked it into some coconut oil and a slight bit of water for a few hours and am freezing it now for the second rinse.{I consider the cooking process the first rinse cuz that has the darkest color water, idk what people consider the first "wash"}
Edit:
Here she is all solidified except the water ↓

Here it is removed from the first water and put it in some fresh water (my second wash)↓

And here is the gross first wash water (cook water) ↓

After melting it down for a 5-10 minutes, back in the freezer.↓ i filtered this again cuz there was I piece or two of trim that must a been in the pot or something

Lol I had a funny idea To makenit easier to separate the water and the oil.↓ It's standing up now as it solidifies. J blew into the straw at first so its only water in the straw.

When hard I just put my hand over it just in case it falls and poor out the water

Last edited:

Dready_jake

Here is the coconut-fuckmeup-oil progress

Here is the coconut-fuckmeup-oil progress

Alright. 3 washes and she's all done. I looked at the thread most would say one extraction and two rinses but I'm not editing it lol.here she was going into the wash
Here it is going into the freezer again
Solid again...

Drained and finished. Love the green. It doesn't show up in the PIC but trust me it is lol
The only thing I could do to reduce canna flavor more than the washes is a thing called blanching. Its a regular cooking technique that could be and has been very easily used in Cannabis to reduce the canna flavor.

Last edited:

Dready_jake

Yep. A little slow with her just starting transition on the 21st, so i threw in some coconut oil I made. Bout to go cook some hash browns with it! Maybe throw a scoop in my coffee. J love making / having edibles, even with my crazy edible tolerance.

and here is a pic i took a week or so ago. the first one is a 20x closeup of the kief from this harvest sitting in my grinder. i clean it often and it fills up fast. not so much with dispo weed.
and a 400x closeup of the same

Last edited:

Dready_jake

It is. I say is because as of this post I haven't finished the bowl of super tangie topped with that super tangie Kief from the grinder.( Lol that's all I've been smoking since I last emptied the Kief tray out out.)

I have also been smoking it with my butane free battery powered ceramic lighter for the full flavor!

Thanks for stopping in. I've got quite the bush under 90 watts this round so it should be quite the show! And with me moving in like 30 days it will be a thrill ride as well.

CoCoSativas

Sorry im late dj. Long days building a fence. Ive been fucking around on here looking at my construction thread and whatever. Im i veg mode right now. Taking it easy while its easy. I need it right now. Im vegging these up bigger. I need some better yield this time, talking a pound at least...

Yeah right on dion. Glad you are kicking it in here too.
Sorry ive been on the slack buddy on the led. I promise i will build the thing. It will happen this summer. Im planning to take a week off and do it then havent decided when but once i do ill let you know. I am able to sorce the heatsinks locally, and possibly very cheaply if i trade some work for them. I am set on the surexi design. Until then stuck on my hps... At least i have a Cadillac setup for that but cant wait for the led. Ill go nuts with those.

Just about to put up my thread before calling it a night early. I will put the link in my sig...

Dready_jake

Welcome. I had the opportunity to take it easy. But then I Decided to flower another round out while I house hunt/move.
It should be somewhat easy because the pot is still a little big for her and she goes a few days without getting thirsty.
Oh and I counted the tops. There are 11 give or take solid Colas. This strain averages, ~11 grams a cola so I should get close to the goal of 135 grams(high goal). Its only an actual 90 watts so 90 grams would be 1gpw.(my realistic goal)
She will definitely be getting staked this round so she doesnt get that "shoulder lean" like last round. Lol.already have the stakes.

Can't wait to get through the first two weeks and be done with stretch. its kinda boring until then.
Been doing allot of cleaning. Finally done so i can shower and check on the plants.

CoCoSativas

I love watching them stretch. Especially the fast shooting monsters... cough Hawaiian show ghsc cough...

Damn i wish i had a cut of that right now. My mix pack bombed but thats ok. Still got the strawberry out of it. Glad i kept a cut too...

Oh and yeah the mom was fucked somehow. She didnt branch and was a poor yield, but the quality was excellent. My wifes fav weed. Anyway the shit turned out real nice and im glad its looking more promising. That strain has many mixed reviews. At least i got a good one. Lol maybe the two new strawberry seedlings will be just as good. I hope so anyway...

Teaches me, clone everythimg, run the seed plants then the clones at least once. You might mistake a lack of vigour for a bad genetic when really the mom had a physicall issue... I almost did...

Taking today off. Preparing for canada day, july 1! Maybe ill post some fireworks pics!!! Lol i need the day off tho i feel like shit

Dready_jake

Thanks tumbleweed! I appreciate that.

I got some stakes sanitized and cut to size. Got the girl staked and completely ready for flower. I hope she stretches like the last two rounds!

Here is before:

And here is after staking↓, took a couple more tops off that weren't as big as the rest. All said and done I actually still have 12 tops:

Started to get some low humidity burn cuz it dropped below 50% so I fired up the humidifier,

Last edited:
nice one they work.. im intrigued by this thread as i may be trying LEDs myself in summer.. but think ill be going for a 1200 w one instead of the 1000w hps i use now.. so seeing how you go on this might be more enticing for me to try the LED..

Dready_jake

I have hit a gram per watt with this little guy, so I would assume if i got a light that draws at least 500 watts then i could grow at least/over a pound. I am trying to finagle a way for my broke ass to get a 500-800 actual draw led.

If i did what i really wanted to i would be building a "1k-killer", an led that draws the same 1000 watts as an hps butt has much less heat and double the usablelight potential.(not so much yellow like hps) but even starting that is quite the investment itself.
I have the idea but havent really even started designing it because the funds/investment are so far off.

they definitely work amazingly, finding the right,quality led for a decent price is the difficulty.

Im sitting here eating some banana bread that i made with the trim coconut oil. cant taste the weed and im absolutely scarfing it down. normally if it tastes like weed its tough for me to eat. and with an average edible tolerance of 1000mg, or 1gram of straight thc, its hard for the edibles id eat to not taste like weed.
again happy to see all the new faces in here!

Latest posts

Latest posts