What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Morocco- Agadir

theclearspot

Whats the score in Agadir I am gonna be there for a couple of weeks. Easy come easy go or bird time if you get caught with a gramme or ten...:biggrin:

hom

Veteran
Agadir is a bit of a letdown to be honest. It doesn't feel like the rest of Morocco at all and the prices are a bit silly. Very pushy towards tourists there. I was over years ago and I couldn't wait to get outta there. Go to the Rif if your looking for some tasty hash and beautiful scenery. It's far cheaper and there's more to do, see and explore. I think the penalties are harsher in Agadir too. It's not as relaxed as elsewhere. Hash is available but the price the guys were asking was a bit mental....

theclearspot

Hi Hom my man. Great to hear from you. Your'e not gonna believe this but I was all set for my Nepal trip flyin out 1st of May and the Earthquake hit?! Had to cancel everything so now Im lookin at India Himmachal mid September dont know much about it but probably head to Melana etc to do some trekking.Yeah Agadir doesnt sound too cool from what you say. hope the craics ok wherever you are.....cheers mate!

theclearspot

Hom if you dont mind me askin what would your plan be if you were goin to Himmachal Pradesh. I was thinkin of flyin to Delhi then to Kullu? want to do some trekkin for a few days/week. where would you head trekkin?Then I dont know...:tiphat:

kaochiu

Veteran
Southern Morocco hash scene is very different from the north. The Rif is too far from Agadir, like 7 or 800 miles. Agree, Agadir is good to play golf with Mohammed V, but there are far more interesting places to go. 100 miles up following the coast you get Essaouira, so called "Morocco's Ibiza", really nice and relaxed, within moroccan standards. 100 miles down south you get the most amazing beaches around Sidi Ifni, an ex-colony in decay with a very distinct and captivating sahara flavour.
In the south, ciggie sellers in bars with loud tv's and spice sellers in the souk if you want discretion. But once you've been a couple of days in the same place, whatever's on offer will come to you. The secret is never hurry. Taxi drivers and hotells are seldom hash friendly in the south.
Anyway, have a good time.

theclearspot

Yeah just come back from Agadir was in Essaouria and Marrakesh hugely disappointing in terms of weed all of them . Agadir absolutely nothing. Marrakesh now a wealthy tourist trap still nice to some extent but terrible for weed. I heard the north is much better . Great people though and really enjoyed it. Havent had a toke for 2 weeks!