What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plummeting Marijuana Prices for Growers

gomer

I don't exactly agree with this reporter's price per pound figures, but they are less than previous years. In parts of the North Bay prices are starting to climb again. Growing high quality organic plants indoors helps local growers avoid situations like the one he describes where a grower can't get rid of his harvest. Quality is becoming more important each year.
For decades, illegal marijuana cultivation has been an economic lifeblood for three counties in northern California known as the Emerald Triangle.

The war on drugs and frequent raids by federal drug agents have helped support the local economy — keeping prices for street sales of pot high and keeping profits rich.

But high times are changing. Legal pot, under the guise of the California's medical marijuana laws, has spurred a rush of new competition. As a result, the wholesale price of pot grown in these areas is plunging.
"What's happening is the people that don't have quality product aren't selling it. So they're the ones that are creating this panic. So it really comes back down to that, just like in every other agricultural industry. When you get too many vineyards and too many people growing vines out there, then only the good ones make it." - Tim Blake
Matt Cohen is one of those growers who are making it. On an organic farm near Ukiah, Cohen raises chickens, grows vegetables and cultivates high-grade medical pot. He has avoided the downturn by distributing marijuana directly to patients. But other growers who rely on middlemen and dealers for legal and illegal sales are in financial trouble.

"And I know people, and they're living from credit card to credit card," Cohen says. "They're not even making money. It's just a lifestyle that they're in and the alternative is to go do what?"

This story is by NPR reporter Michael Montgomery.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kush_Dreams

Prices aren't even close to dropping in my area. $7680 LB maybe 7,000 if one is lucky.That's for any strain grown any way.
California and Canadian prices are the best :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
shit is NOT that dirt cheap...maybe in the emerald triangle to other emerald triangle...but people exporting out of the emerald triangle to people who drive them to the cities are still charging decent prices....it aint december no more..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know where you are getting your lbs from I pay 2000-2800 per lb. this is in Okland Ca.

thaiboxer

Supply & Demand. Its sucks for the smaller crappy growers but also could put any remaining commercial importation on the skids, why try move your product in cali or denver when you can take it to the midwest & get good money for inferior product.

good argument for further legalization.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
Prices aren't even close to dropping in my area. $7680 LB maybe 7,000 if one is lucky.That's for any strain grown any way.
California and Canadian prices are the best :)

where the fuck you at?

shits cheap around here. i get 4200 for this.
*edit
shit 2000 a pack huh.... thats whats up! peace
~POE~

wait what? u talking about that outdoor humboldt stuff? or indoor premos?

Last edited:

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
7k a pound > What planet?
2800-3200 for anything no matter what it is, sour deisel, kush. It could be BLUE with pink pokedots, it could get your high for a month per toke!
Its still $2800 - 3200 a LB around here regardless how dry it is.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
2800-3200 for anything no matter what it is, sour deisel, kush. It could be BLUE with pink pokedots, it could get your high for a month per toke!

where are you at?
do they sell there topshelf-indoor for 3200??
thats barely 2 a zip....
no one i know gets good stuff for that cheap.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess it's who you know. we dont sale to people we dont know. I would not say these are friend prices because we only see these people when they want bud. I would say 3k is a good average for the best bud around. When I run Out I pay 200oz for there best.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran

where i'm originally from (philly area) pounds go all day for 5000-5500 a pound to people that than sell them out for 400 a zip(6400) to people that than deal it out for 20 a .8 and make 800 of a zip. i knew kids flippin 2 zips a day in .8 20 bags..everyday. prolly still doing it.

that's the headies game. don't even get me started on the beaster game back there haha.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Reckon I am quite happy with 5200, that is the club rate, I could get 6K or more, but being greedy always gets ya. May sound high to cali, but my flowers are 10 week, flushed, and cured for 3-6 months, and my clients all repeat bidness for years.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Wholesale prices are crazy.

I see prices ranging from $4400 per Lb of TOP TOP TOP AAA+++ Elite strains to 2400 for same quality less potent more common varieties like Blueberry.

Young Giver

I would never pay more than $100/oz=$1600/lb and if i were 2 charge a price it would for sure be half of what i would pay....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Supply and demand.......it all depends on your geographical location and what the people there can afford or are prepared to pay.....

....can be as low as $10-$20 a pound in SEAsia to $7000 a pound on the east coast of the USA.....quality differs from crop to crop and grower to grower......

Andyo

Veteran
Thai prices hash n dro

Thai prices hash n dro

Nepali hash 300 baht $9 a G all day long
Top dro 500 baht $15 a G if your in the know.