What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fentanyl-laced marijuana

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran

“There’s this mistaken belief that law enforcement are experts on the drugs they are seizing,” Beletsky said. “That’s just not the case, and that’s part of the problem.”

The mistaken police reports might have come from weed that tested positive for fentanyl on ultrasensitive test strips that can detect the drug at concentrations as low as one-billionth of a gram. Weed handled by dealers and people who might use all sorts of drugs will likely have trace amounts of fentanyl, similar to the way that studies have found US currency widely contaminated by cocaine. “The positive samples are from levels of contamination that are not clinically meaningful,” Ciccarone said. “They are not felt by the person.”

troutman

Seed Whore
People who do this kind of shit deserve the death penalty. :moon:

Fentanyl is no joke and people die from it all the time.

Fentanyl should be an hospital only type of drug.

Green Squall

I'm skeptical:

https://merryjane.com/news/fentanyl-laced-weed-found-in-nyc-says-anti-legalization-sheriff

Sheriff Maciol has openly opposed marijuana legalization in the past. In February, he hosted an anti-weed press conference with other New-York-based law enforcement officials.

Maciol’s February press conference included representatives from the anti-legalization organization Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), which has claimed that “Big Marijuana” companies are trying to make weed more addictive and are actively marketing cannabis products to children.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
I'm skeptical:

https://merryjane.com/news/fentanyl-laced-weed-found-in-nyc-says-anti-legalization-sheriff

Sheriff Maciol has openly opposed marijuana legalization in the past. In February, he hosted an anti-weed press conference with other New-York-based law enforcement officials.

Maciol’s February press conference included representatives from the anti-legalization organization Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), which has claimed that “Big Marijuana” companies are trying to make weed more addictive and are actively marketing cannabis products to children.

Fake marijuana news....how wonderful.

RMS

:smoweed:

St. Phatty

Great way to assassinate someone.

A joint laced with Fentanyl.

The therapeutic dose is 75 micrograms and a joint can hold a lot more than 75 mcg.

During that school or theater hostage situation in Russia in 2004, Russia used a Fentanyl aerosol and killed everybody, including the hostages - 300+ casualties, including about 170 school-children.

Definitely a reason to avoid "synthetic" cannabis, which I guess is actually a thing.

shithawk420

Veteran
i dont really buy this either.ive never heard of lacing weed with fent.doesent make sense.BTW i lost another friend to OD 4 days ago.only 34.people are dropping like flies to this shit.thats why Heroin or something more pure needs to be legal or something.ive lost 4 good friends in 2 years to Fent.my uncle is next if he dont quit

troutman

Seed Whore
I don't mind opiates if they are prescribed. But don't use them all the time to avoid being addicted.

I will never get into using needles. That's a shitnami waiting to happen which can unleash a shitnami
tidal wave that will engulf you and extinguish your shit flames forever. And, with any bad luck, you'll
drown in the undershit of that wave....shit waves.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I don't know if any of have you seen the show Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain (great show by the way) but he does a few episodes centered around the heroin and opioid crisis in the US. He was addicted to heroin himself before kicking it.

This is a grainy clip of an episode that someone uploaded that shows a commercial from Purdue Pharmaceuticals in '96 encouraging doctors to prescribe Oxycontin, and to have no concern about patients becoming addicted...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad-_v7_i0Hc

I feel terrible for people in chronic pain because of their vulnerability to becoming addicted to these drugs. It is a crime that too many people aren't allowed to find relief in cannabis, else face prosecution, when you had drugs like these being passed out like candy.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't mind opiates if they are prescribed. But don't use them all the time to avoid being addicted.

I will never get into using needles. That's a shitnami waiting to happen which can unleash a shitnami
tidal wave that will engulf you and extinguish your shit flames forever. And, with any bad luck, you'll
drown in the undershit of that wave....shit waves.

I don't mind opiates if they are prescribed.
And used properly.

Been on SAME low dose oxy (5mg 2-3x a day) for 10 years. If there was something else to substitute, I'd take it. Gabapentin seems to calm down angry/inflamed nerves in lumbar area, so I take less oxy. Didn't know until 15 yrs ago of congenital spine defect (instability). Rigorous outdoor pursuits (backpacking, career choice and mixing dirt) all took it's toll having chronic pain in most major joints for 30 years. Yet, oxy allows me to move, do physical activities. Constant pain is exhausting.

MMJ, I can't drive on it, but it does help when I'm stationary not driving.

CBD capsules definitely help, too.

It's sad that so many take the narcotic and abuse it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Three dead over 100 injured after smoking fake weed laced with rat poison in Illinois

Three dead over 100 injured after smoking fake weed laced with rat poison in Illinois

Three people have died and more than 100 people have suffered severe bleeding from smoking weed believed to be laced with rat poison.

The deaths all happened in the state of Illinois but four other states have reported cases.

Tests have been carried out on the synthetic weed and several patients and they came back positive for a lethal ingredient often used in rat poison.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have issued a national alert patients with severe, unexplained bleeding may be additional cases.

More...
https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/12/thre...60430/?ito=article.mweb.share.floaty.facebook

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Three people have died and more than 100 people have suffered severe bleeding from smoking weed believed to be laced with rat poison.

The deaths all happened in the state of Illinois but four other states have reported cases.

Tests have been carried out on the synthetic weed and several patients and they came back positive for a lethal ingredient often used in rat poison.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have issued a national alert patients with severe, unexplained bleeding may be additional cases.

More...
https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/12/thre...60430/?ito=article.mweb.share.floaty.facebook
the whole friggin world is off its rocker!

Been on SAME low dose oxy (5mg 2-3x a day) for 10 years. If there was something else to substitute, I'd take it....

Have you tried kratom?

5mg of oxycodone 2 to 3x a day isn't too high of a dose, kratom might be pretty effective for you.

I've heard/read about quite a few folks that have switched to using kratom after taking pain killers for many years like yourself, and they find it to be just as effective if not more so and with less potential side effects.

But for some folks, particularly those that have a large tolerance to opioids, kratom isn't all that effective....It doesn't do the trick for some people but for many, including myself, it can be more effective than typical pain killers for most pains and what not.

I find it also offers more than just dulling pain....there's a muscle relaxation component as well. It has lots of antioxidants and other health benefits. There's a lot going on with this tree/leaf just like there is with the herb/flower that we all love around this place.