Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > Well Wishes for Steve Tuck.

Thread Title Search
Well Wishes for Steve Tuck. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2020, 11:41 PM #1
tetragrammaton

tetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud of
Arrow Well Wishes for Steve Tuck.

Steve Tuck, legendary botanist & horticulturaist, as well as creator of many strains especially Herijuana, and founder of Hillbilly Dreams Seed Company has tested positive for COVID-19.

Steve has been sick for a while, ever since December. He had long suspected he had this but testing was unavailable for the longest time. He is on the board of a Hemp company from Wuhan who flew in for a meeting, and he's been sick ever since.

Until COVID-19 became a "thing", he failed all influenza tests blowing his doctors minds, and he has good insurance. He would get better for a few days, and then get hit with a harder wave, and it hasn't stopped.

Not only has Steve tested positive, but so has his sister, who is normally never gets sick, and this has wiped her out as well.

Steve's advice for everyone right now is to combust flower rather than vape it until this is "over", because the higher temperature of the flame is more likely to kill such a virus than a vape. I'm not sure of the science, but that's just his message to everyone for the time being.

In the meantime, he wants everyone to stay safe.

Sincerely,
Tetra

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:22 AM #2
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetragrammaton View Post
Steve Tuck, legendary botanist & horticulturaist, as well as creator of many strains especially Herijuana, and founder of Hillbilly Dreams Seed Company has tested positive for COVID-19.

Steve has been sick for a while, ever since December. He had long suspected he had this but testing was unavailable for the longest time. He is on the board of a Hemp company from Wuhan who flew in for a meeting, and he's been sick ever since.

Until COVID-19 became a "thing", he failed all influenza tests blowing his doctors minds, and he has good insurance. He would get better for a few days, and then get hit with a harder wave, and it hasn't stopped.

Not only has Steve tested positive, but so has his sister, who is normally never gets sick, and this has wiped her out as well.

Steve's advice for everyone right now is to combust flower rather than vape it until this is "over", because the higher temperature of the flame is more likely to kill such a virus than a vape. I'm not sure of the science, but that's just his message to everyone for the time being.

In the meantime, he wants everyone to stay safe.

Sincerely,
Tetra
???

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2020, 12:24 AM #3
tetragrammaton

tetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud oftetragrammaton has much to be proud of
Like I said, I don't know the science or anything behind it. I still vape and smoke.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:35 AM #4
hard rain

I hope he gets better. Wouldn't wish this on anyone.

That advice to smoke instead of vape is bizarre. Why would you assume there is virus on your bud? I'm no medical expert but I would advise people to use edibles or nothing if they had the virus. Plus, if he's had this from December, it's a fair bet that what he's doing isn't working for him.
Personally I have decided that if I get this I will not use cannabis at all for the duration.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:36 AM #5
Medfinder
Chemon 91

Medfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond reputeMedfinder has a reputation beyond repute
Wow praying foe steve and any others infected in chrits name amen
Medfinder is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:12 AM #6
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Very best of wishes for he, and his sister.

Have a number of respiratory issues myself.
Been a while since I have wanted to smoke
or vape. Sublingualed extract works just
fine for me.

Old 04-20-2020, 02:37 AM #7
rolandomota

rolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant futurerolandomota has a brilliant future
It's spread through contact with infected saliva and mucus with your saliva or mucus so any kind of sharing will spread the virus easy or food prep or eating together I was thinking today about how many people have died because they ate around someone who is sick usually kids cough and sneeze all over the place adults too but I can just hear it...." We eat as a family" we humans have very bad habits

Old 04-20-2020, 03:09 AM #8
I'mback
Comfortably numb!

I'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivorI'mback is a survivor
I concur If nothing else it has taught us our societal flaws, which IMHO is a win win.

I wish Steve and his sister a speedy recovery but... I stand by my ??? wrt vaping or combusting bud for that matter. If one has a depressed lung function then I can see it, but both provide enough heat to alleviate the problem. I vape @ 360 deg F. Go sit in your oven at 350 deg and tell me how you make out.

Then again, there are always sublingual applications as mentioned here, edibles, and mari pills.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,

but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

I'mback is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2020, 03:17 AM #9
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
I don't think he meant disinfecting the bud from germs. Rather, I think he felt the higher temp of combustion would impart hotter air on intake. I think the vaping is better for WuFlu than smoking for several reasons. 1st is I only do one hit per bowl load, so the vapor is mostly terpenes, a solvent. 2nd, with no smoke or other chems, my lungs feel a lot better.

I hate it that he got sick, and being in Wuhan and flying from there, he got a good dose of the OG bug.

I wonder what the hemp business was about. I do not want any china sourced CBD oil, nor any from the farm that has been growing row crops the last 100 years.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 04-20-2020 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: is bio-accumulation and all that kind of stuff.
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2020, 03:19 AM #10
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandomota View Post
It's spread through contact with infected saliva and mucus with your saliva or mucus so any kind of sharing will spread the virus easy or food prep or eating together I was thinking today about how many people have died because they ate around someone who is sick usually kids cough and sneeze all over the place adults too but I can just hear it...." We eat as a family" we humans have very bad habits
I am at the supermarket this afternoon, rockin my N-95 mask, and an employee who was wiping down stuff started sneezing. Actually I think he was a manager. He had a beard net on. We need more better masks, everywhere.

Then again allergy season is in full swing through the end of May. People should at the min carry a folded up paper towel to hold over their mouth and nose IMO.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Last edited by flylowgethigh; 04-20-2020 at 04:50 AM..
flylowgethigh is offline Quote