What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ric Ocasek

RB56

Veteran
Sort of shocked to hear of his passing this morning. Sort of manufactured music, but a big part of my life. I lived in Boston during the years the Cars were hot and met them several times. I was walking o0n Boylston Street one night. Saw a black Jag coming toward me. Inside, dressed in black, wearing black sunglasses at night and smoking a black cigarette. Ric Ocasek. Paulina Porizkova was the icing on the cake.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Wow, sad news. I didn't know that Ben Orr had also died. Holy shit Batman, are we ever getting old..... :wallbash:

I saw them in concert way back when Moses still wore short pants.

They were awesome. As always, copious amounts of weed were burned at that concert.

[YOUTUBEIF]gvy2yqUHLLg[/YOUTUBEIF]

RMS

:smoweed:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The Cars.

Damn, that takes me back.

First taste was summer 1978.

Heartbreak City was the most recent LP I listened to until I wore it out.

Good times, RIP.

RB56

Veteran
Paulina Porizkova was a revelation. White bikini Sprite ad in 1986 had a huge impact on young men at the time. It's on Youtube and watching it now makes me realize how innocent we all were back then.

In 1989, she made the movie Her Alibi. Terrible movie, but by then, I had a commercial photography studio in Baltimore. All of the bookstore scenes were shot in the used bookstore directly across the street. Got to see her going in and out to film which was way less exciting than I thought it would be.

We lost touch after that ;)