What's new

Eddie Money, '80's icon passes away- metastatic cancer

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eddie Money, ‘Two Tickets to Paradise’ Singer, Dies at 70

Eddie Money, the prolific singer and songwriter whose songs “Baby Hold On,” “Two Tickets to Paradise,” “Shakin'” and “Take Me Home Tonight” soundtracked popular music in the 1980s, died Friday (Sept. 13). He was 70.

What started out as esophageal cancer, spread.

One Ticket to Paradise, Eddie. Enjoyed your music and songwriting talent. RIP.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Saddened To Hear Of His Death

Saddened To Hear Of His Death

Saw him in concert in 1979. "The Babys" were the opening act, followed by Eddie Money, the ex-NYPD Cop, then Santana.

We smoked copious amounts of weed at that concert.

RMS

:smoweed:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Saw him 5 or 6 years ago playing a county fair. His daughter killed it on bass.

It's very possible that weed had something to do with how he got from Edward Mahoney to Eddie Money.

sdd420

Veteran
Man so sad way too early. I saw him so many times seems like he opened every show that I went to. He was always very good. Hope you’re doing well in paradise brother �� you’re music will live on. Peace sdd420

Perpetual Nooch

In 1980 the family took a drive down to Florida for a little camping on winter break. Having nothing but the car radio to listen to, Baby Hold On was drilled into my head by the time we got home two weeks later. And that's when I first heard about this new guy, Eddie Money.

RIP

Green Squall

I only first heard about Eddie Moneys cancer diagnosis a couple weeks ago, so I was shocked to hear that he succumbed so quickly. I don't know much of his music, but there is no doubt that he made a significant impact on 80's music. RIP.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In 1980 the family took a drive down to Florida for a little camping on winter break. Having nothing but the car radio to listen to, Baby Hold On was drilled into my head by the time we got home two weeks later. And that's when I first heard about this new guy, Eddie Money.

RIP

Great memory trek.