Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Quantum Board led question for indoor

Thread Title Search
Quantum Board led question for indoor Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2020, 12:46 PM #1
superhaze420

superhaze420 is on a distinguished road
Quantum Board led question for indoor

hi,

I have never used this type of lighting, but I saw on a Spanish-speaking farming blog that it was possible to buy a cheap Quantum Board through Aliexpress (without customs), from https://mimarihuana.es/quantum-board-led-para-cultivar/.

So I decided to try and buy a quantum board led. It's already at home, it works. But I have some doubts.

When I set the driver to full power, the led board turns off. It only works when it's at low power or medium power.

When I set the driver to medium power, the led board lights up a lot, the dissipation gets very hot too (140º f / 60 c).

I think that with the driver at medium power, the LED board is at maximum power. Is this normal?

Does everyone who uses a quantum board have this problem?

https://youtu.be/AciIhf1tRj8

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Thanks
superhaze420 is offline Quote

Old 03-03-2020, 06:09 PM #2
MedFaced

MedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant future
Thats not how mine works. The driver I got from hlg is this thing.

The screw stops if I go left or right. Right gets brighter, left dimmer.

Old 03-03-2020, 07:24 PM #3
superhaze420

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedFaced View Post
Thats not how mine works. The driver I got from hlg is this thing.

View Image

The screw stops if I go left or right. Right gets brighter, left dimmer.

Can you turn completely to the right, without the LED plates going off? max power

Old 03-03-2020, 07:26 PM #4
superhaze420

Old 03-03-2020, 07:27 PM #5
TheDarkStorm

TheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud ofTheDarkStorm has much to be proud of
How many boards do you have on the panel super haze..you may have wired them up wrong...you can wire in series or parallel....it either that or your driver is too powerful.
TheDarkStorm is online now Quote

Old 03-03-2020, 08:57 PM #6
superhaze420

2 quantum board (120 + 120)

Old 03-04-2020, 01:17 AM #7
MedFaced

MedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant futureMedFaced has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhaze420 View Post
Can you turn completely to the right, without the LED plates going off? max power
No. There is a stopping point in both directions.

Old 03-04-2020, 03:03 AM #8
Pro Headies

Pro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of lightPro Headies is a glorious beacon of light
you have two 120 boards? there only good up to 65-70watts per board without heatsink. id recommend buying a killowatt meter to measure exactly amount your putting to each board.
Pro Headies is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:39 AM #9
f-e

f-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant futuref-e has a brilliant future
I don't think it's just boards, I think it's the complete outfit from the link offered.

A total power outage is most likely the ballast. I notice some odd specs on it. It's 240w ballast, no problem there. By default it's 4.9A which hopefully flows before you need 49v to encourage it. It says it's capable of 6.66A though, and I think that's the problem. Taking control with the use of a potentiometer has opened the door to it's use of 56v and 6.66A which is way over it's rated spec. It's 375w. I reckon you could demand 6.66A if it were delivered with 36v as that is 240w. But it's trying to deliver the 6.66A when 36v isn't enough.

The driver is a poor choice. It's very flexible, so will fit in many builds. But when it's only job is this, a more specific driver would of been a better choice.

I was confused by this myself until I got my calculator out, and I'm a taxi driver, so know everything in the world.
f-e is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:12 PM #10
superhaze420

I got a voltmeter and measured the driver's output volts.

My QB panel is now running at 41.5V

The driver is a bit hot and so are the heat sinks (2 plates of 120w each). But the heat is not very intense, I can keep my hand.

I turn up the voltage with the driver dimmer, now there are 43 volts. The driver gets very hot and the heat sinks too. I can't put my hand on it, it burns.

I turn up the voltage with the driver's dimmer, now the LED panels go off. The driver makes a little electrical noise, there's no light on the leds. I turn the voltage down and the LEDs come on again, everything works fine.

So the maximum I can use, is 43 volts.

Is this good or bad?