Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2020, 12:22 AM #341
gsxr97

gsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud of
Got it. I guess I meant I'd be putting it up for DIY. I'm looking for the cheapest route on the fittings, etc. I'll keep searching, Thanks!
gsxr97 is online now Quote

Old 05-10-2020, 01:19 AM #342
MasonJS

MasonJS will become famous soon enoughMasonJS will become famous soon enoughMasonJS will become famous soon enough
What I got going so far. First time doing this and by myself so it’s not perfect but I think it’s gonna work. Sorry for vertical picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	88B52B9A-DCDB-4CDA-967F-2CFF5F73DA69.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	532713
MasonJS is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:32 PM #343
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Getting into some warmer days now. Hit 80 yesterday. The ridge vent is killing it. Greenhouse temps are pretty close to ambient temps in direct sunlight with no fans. There were concerns that the fine screen in the vent window would slow the airflow and cause warm air to collect somewhat, but the airflow is excellent.

Zeez is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:49 PM #344
mister c
freedom is priceless....

mister c will become famous soon enoughmister c will become famous soon enough
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	20200607_123304.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	536505[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200607_123322.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	536504Shout out to Yuba for dishing knowledge??

After reading this thread and asking a few questions, i was able to build this diy motor controller.

Id like to spread the love and post these controller pics for others
mister c is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:59 PM #345
Zeez

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Well into the season with no need for fans at all.
Ridge vent is the game changer. Fully automated.

Zeez is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:14 PM #346
Zeez

Rivnut puller arrived today. Several places to use these. Starting off with eyebolts to fasten netting for flower season, Light hangars, and for door locks. The one in the pic is 1/4-20 but this can pull 3/8" and 7/16" threaded rivnuts. Using bolts with rivnuts instead of purlin clamps could save $$ in construction. You just need a drill guide to keep the holes straight.

Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 03:50 AM #347
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
I have never seen rivnuts before. Are they strong? I use bolts instead of perlin clamps if i am trying to save money. I use a few perlin clamps to line everything up and then i bolt it and take off the clamps.

There are a bunch of ways to get holes straight in tubes. The cheapest are these little jigs that u slap on pipe that hold the bit straight. Also using a tap is helpful.
U can get magnetic drills that are like little portable drill presses that u can use upside down and they just suck to the pipe. They are expensive though and not really worth getting unless u are building greenhouses all the time.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 04:05 AM #348
Zeez

One of the basic fork shape drill guides would work perfectly. Just so it's straight and the holes line up. As long as the hole for the rivet is the right size I think these are pretty strong. 37 bucks for the puller. Rivnuts are about 10 cents.

Im just putting in a bunch of eye bolts and don't want to drill all the way through the tubes.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rivnut+to...nb_sb_ss_i_1_6
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 07:56 PM #349
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
They look pretty cool. I think I'm going to get one. I like them eye bolts. I don't fully understand how they work. I need to get one to play with. I usually just use course thread eye bolts if i don't want to drill all the way through.
CrushnYuba is online now Quote

Old 07-14-2020, 09:04 PM #350
art.spliff

art.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant futureart.spliff has a brilliant future
The nut screws over the stud 1/4-20 and that goes through a pilot/guide hole. The lever squishes the knurled part of the nut without any threads into a donut or washer shape then the installation bolt/tool is unscrewed. Looks cool. Isn't necessary to access the other side for installing a lock nut, it won't loosen over time no welding or holding the nut while tightening the bolt.
art.spliff is offline Quote