Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 PM #331
Zeez
------------------------------>

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Getting controls set up for this years grow.
Planning on an old iPad in the door for manual control.

24v DPDT roll up sides
12v DPDT ridge vent actuator
3x 12v switches for irrigation valves
5x 110v switched outlets for fans and extra.

Zeez is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:47 PM #332
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Getting controls set up for this years grow.
Planning on an old iPad in the door for manual control.

24v DPDT roll up sides
12v DPDT ridge vent actuator
3x 12v switches for irrigation valves
5x 110v switched outlets for fans and extra.

View Image
What irrigation valve uses 12v?
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 04-08-2020, 09:28 PM #333
Zeez

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
Yup, you're right. That's a mistake. It will be 24v. Thanks.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2020, 02:42 AM #334
einsteinlady

einsteinlady will become famous soon enough
Crushing yuba. For controlling the motors via tinge relay.
What kind of wire are you using to connect polr on the relay? ie 5 to 4 or 8 to 1

Where motor 1 and motor 2’s wire have to come together to connect to a pole, either 5 or 8, is it three wires coming together? Ie motor 1, motor 2, and a wire from pole 5 or 8 all spliced together?
einsteinlady is offline Quote

Old 04-11-2020, 06:28 AM #335
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant futureCrushnYuba has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinlady View Post
Crushing yuba. For controlling the motors via tinge relay.
What kind of wire are you using to connect polr on the relay? ie 5 to 4 or 8 to 1

Where motor 1 and motor 2’s wire have to come together to connect to a pole, either 5 or 8, is it three wires coming together? Ie motor 1, motor 2, and a wire from pole 5 or 8 all spliced together?
I'm not sure what pin numbers because i don't have a relay in front of me. And your pin numbering may be different then the ones i use.
If you post a picture of the side of the relay you are using with the diagram, i can tell you which pins should be connected. On the output side of the relay I use a jumper to connect the normally open pole 1 to normaly closed pole 2. Normally open pole 2 to normally closed pole 1.
If you post a picture of the socket you put the relay in, i can draw a diagram.

I don't usually do splicing. I use terminals. Splicing 3 wires together is hard and unsightly. I suggest getting a set of terminal blocks to separate the 2 motors.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:11 AM #336
MasonJS

MasonJS will become famous soon enoughMasonJS will become famous soon enoughMasonJS will become famous soon enough
Just bought my bender and getting ready to go get some pipe for a build. Awesome guide bro, thank you for the info.
MasonJS is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2020, 01:17 AM #337
CrushnYuba

I had 45 plants that i used as mini moms. They just blew up on me. Space is 1200 sqft. They really need more room, but it's what i got available. I was using that greenhouse blacked out as a storage barn for the last few years.
I'm gonna get a run in and then I'm going to turn it back into a barn before the rain comes.

I am debating putting them in bigger pots, but I'll probably just give them hydro nutes 3x a day

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:19 AM #338
Zeez

Looks like you're going to have a full house.
Zeez is offline Quote

Old 05-08-2020, 10:10 PM #339
gsxr97

gsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud ofgsxr97 has much to be proud of
CrushnYuba,

Sorry to hijack thread. I thought I read a while back you know of a supplier in Northern California for diy greenhouse kits? I want to ditch pvc/tposts and crap and do a couple of these on my property in Nor Cal valley. Eventually do at least one as a light dep. Thanks
gsxr97 is online now Quote

Old 05-09-2020, 07:16 PM #340
CrushnYuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr97 View Post
CrushnYuba,

Sorry to hijack thread. I thought I read a while back you know of a supplier in Northern California for diy greenhouse kits? I want to ditch pvc/tposts and crap and do a couple of these on my property in Nor Cal valley. Eventually do at least one as a light dep. Thanks
Its not hijacking. Anything involving building a greenhouse is on topic.

Diy is diy. A kit is a kit. I could sell you a blackout kit that just consists of 2 motors and a controller.

There are supply stores like greenhouse mega store in sac. You can look at their website. Get plastics, wiggle wire and everything. The kits they offer are standard greenhouse kits. If you wanted to diy, you would get materials separately.

2 members found this post helpful.