Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD keeps thc blood levels stable making more effective??

Thread Title Search
CBD keeps thc blood levels stable making more effective?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2019, 09:55 PM #1
clearheaded

clearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to all
CBD keeps thc blood levels stable making more effective??

I am curious if anyone has the study about cbd keeping thc levels lower for longer. I am very curious if we will find out one reason cbd is effective is it keeping thc and more medicinal blood/brain levels. ie dont get peak thc levels that drop fast and have less time to "act". perhaps part of the key to why certain var work more "medicinally" for certain ailments..

cheers
clearheaded is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:33 AM #2
soil margin

soil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud ofsoil margin has much to be proud of
So CBD could be to THC in your brain as fiber is to sugar in your gut? Slows down absorption and reduces the maximum amount in your bloodstream at any one moment? Sounds believable. I’d love to see the study you’re talking about.
soil margin is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2019, 12:46 AM #3
moose eater

The way it was presented to me recently was that both CBD and THC compete for the same receptor sites, thus one (potentially) blocking the other, when both are in abundance. Thus, while there may be some benefit to that, it also implies diminishing returns when ingesting (by what ever means) more than the body can make use of, due to the aforementioned competition.

This insight is owed to folks who lent a hand in my recent queries re. prostate cancer and extracts.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:18 PM #4
Galaxy420

Galaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
The way it was presented to me recently was that both CBD and THC compete for the same receptor sites, thus one (potentially) blocking the other, when both are in abundance. Thus, while there may be some benefit to that, it also implies diminishing returns when ingesting (by what ever means) more than the body can make use of, due to the aforementioned competition.

This insight is owed to folks who lent a hand in my recent queries re. prostate cancer and extracts.

generally the main attribute compound can be titrated via others in the same strain... like if THC is the most sought after then have more THC than CBD. reverse for CBD if that is the main attribute sought after.. going 50 /50 could cancel each other out basically even though will be effective somewhat still.

using cannabimimetics agents like whole peppercorn can possibly direct the compounds better than other cannabinoids in the plant

Old 11-05-2019, 09:11 PM #5
moose eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy420 View Post
generally the main attribute compound can be titrated via others in the same strain... like if THC is the most sought after then have more THC than CBD. reverse for CBD if that is the main attribute sought after.. going 50 /50 could cancel each other out basically even though will be effective somewhat still.

using cannabimimetics agents like whole peppercorn can possibly direct the compounds better than other cannabinoids in the plant
Thanks.

That brings a lot of questions up. Effectiveness (and effect?) of the THC in a 60:40 split with CBD, or similar, or reverse proportions?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:18 PM #6
djav59

djav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud ofdjav59 has much to be proud of
New CBD Info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose eater View Post
Thanks.

That brings a lot of questions up. Effectiveness (and effect?) of the THC in a 60:40 split with CBD, or similar, or reverse proportions?

Hi Moose

I enjoy your posts .

Anyhow I have read studies both ways that it may block and some say no it doesn't even attach to those sites.

My question for all taking it daily is do you find great efficacy in it ?
I take maybe .10 gram ball a day and copious amounts of thc if I got just to ease the pain and maintain .
For me it does reduce inflammation I can definitely tell that ,it does relax my body and mind .
What say you folk that are with chronic condition and take it daily?
I esp want to hear from of those of you that grow their own or have access to the real thing (not a dilute tincture)as the market is flooded with who knows what through retail.
djav59 is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2020, 08:38 PM #7
Digit

Digit has a spectacular aura aboutDigit has a spectacular aura aboutDigit has a spectacular aura about
CBD's partial and weak binding, in my imagination, suggests it sorta lingers, impeding, but not preventing, other molecules binding (e.g. to the CB2 receptor), so that theory fits in as far as I make sense of it.

As an additional aside,
I have this other characterisation which I'm fond of (usually to help the uninitiated get a handle on it), that THC is like the rowdy nuisance stressed drunk at the party, causing a ruckus when alone, but when his girlfriend CBD is there too, she keeps him calm and helpful, like a perfect party guest.
We are psychenauts, and we are not afraid.
Digit is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:56 PM #8
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
I kinda look at the EC capacity kinda the same was as the total CBD+THC in flower. Combined they aren't usually over 30%. I take good amounts of flower in vape and edible, and CBD under my tounge. I want my EC system full and happy. Plus, per Granny Stormcrows list, fish oil tablets with the vitamins and supplements, to keep it healthy.

Still get plenty high, and the joints feel plenty good.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:13 PM #9
Galaxy420

Galaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the roughGalaxy420 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit View Post
CBD's partial and weak binding, in my imagination, suggests it sorta lingers, impeding, but not preventing, other molecules binding (e.g. to the CB2 receptor), so that theory fits in as far as I make sense of it.

As an additional aside,
I have this other characterisation which I'm fond of (usually to help the uninitiated get a handle on it), that THC is like the rowdy nuisance stressed drunk at the party, causing a ruckus when alone, but when his girlfriend CBD is there too, she keeps him calm and helpful, like a perfect party guest.

CBd is non selective antagonist agent @ cb2 receptors . this antagonism inhibits fatty acid binding proteins and epoxides that are cellular enzymes used to bio-degrade lipids/terpenes into usable chemical messengers ( cannabinoids). CBD sits outside of receptor capacity and expresses on TRPV1 too and that is the heat receptor that spans the entirety of the ECS via cellular back cross talk .

THC as agonist goes directly into cb1 and causes that confirmation of change quickly ... with CBD in the mix it can slow THC via inhibiting the pathways somewhat.. both THC and CBD are non selective so will compete for pathways non selectively .

a better director in the show is the sesquiterpenes like ( BCP) beta caryophyllene and pinene/ myrcene ETC.....

BCP is a selective antagonist of cb2 receptors ... BCP selectively loads into cb2 better than CBD will ... BCP can direct cannabinoid metabolism of THC better than CBD ETC.....

2 members found this post helpful.