What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black and White Conservative Politics at Lunchtime

T

Teddybrae

Came in at lunchtime from making a gate in the boundary fence and watched the PBS Newshour while I ate a cheese and jam sandwich. Wholemeal of course. And a mug of white tea with sugar. Raw, of course.

Woodruff was introducing Stuart Stevens, a recent Adviser to the Republican Party.

She said Stevens has written this book about the Party’s road to the Trump Presidency. The title of his book is: “It Was All a Lie”.

So Stevens comes on, it's a video link, and says his book is about the Party ... which, he said, was trying to work out ways not too long ago to attract more African American members. Now the Party is contemplating ways to prevent African Americans voting.

He cited the current Administration’s cost-cutting in the U.S. Postal Service as a way to prevent smooth, timely voting. (Just makin it harder. You know?. Yet another turn of the screw.)

Stevens says: “Trump was a moral test for the Party and the Party failed.” Today the Party has taken on a “… white grievance identity”. (Make America Great Agin!)

Stevens doubts the Party can be “… fixed”. And, that future useful Government Policy can only come from the Democrats, whether the ideas for these policies come out of Biden’s camp or Sander’s.

And I finished my lunch and turned off the tele, thinking: “Glad I ‘m not there!” and went back to work on the boundary fence and the present moment.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Stevens doubts the Party can be “… fixed”. And, that future useful Government Policy can only come from the Democrats, whether the ideas for these policies come out of Biden’s camp or Sander’s.

Well I'm here and I don't think either party can be 'fixed', they're both internally corrupt.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
quite honestly - I can't see a politician on my side of the pond or the other - that I would get off the sofa to vote for - or bother to even mail-in a vote for -

- Looks like you did the right thing Teddy - you turned off the TV - and got on with something that makes sense - fixing your boundary fence -

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The noise level from the US is certainly at fever pitch & “Glad I ‘m not there!” describes my thoughts as well. Canada’s politicians are no better than anywhere else, but at least the current guy legalized cannabis before he started to go down in flames.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- People over the pond get all upset when I say - 'Its just a Political Vaudeville Show' - a modern day 'Punch & Judy Show' even - and can only be entertainment - if you can't see the lies, hypocrisy, ridiculousness and satirical irony in it all to laugh at - then you must have a very different sense of humour than I' - not as if anything we say or do will make much if any difference anyway - to how the world is run -

- but at least we can comment on it - and maybe someone reads it - and could agree with you - that not everyone takes it all so seriously - then you might find - a like mind -

- Once in a rare while we might get a result from all the politicking - as has happened in Canada recently - and they finally legalized cannabis - meanwhile in most of the rest of the world - it can still get you jailed -

The noise level from the US is certainly at fever pitch & “Glad I ‘m not there!” describes my thoughts as well. Canada’s politicians are no better than anywhere else, but at least the current guy legalized cannabis before he started to go down in flames.

Amynamous

Some of it is a vaudeville show.
And some of it is gross incompetence and stupidity and people are needlessly getting sick and dying.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- since time immemorial people have been needlessly getting sick and dying - getting shot and blown up - stabbed and bashed - seems like the culprits of the very worst atrocities never get their just desserts - and some are even lauded as 'Heroes' -

- Yeah - its outrageous - but we seem to have very few politicians behind the wrong sort of bars -

And some of it is gross incompetence and stupidity and people are needlessly getting sick and dying.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
it just may not be the change "I" wanted

So true. Yes, the enlightened politicians in Canada legalized weed (to get elected). We got legalized weed, but we didn’t get a free market. We got a monopoly that only distributes products made by the blessed collection of entrepreneurs who were awesome at raising capital but really, really suck at growing weed.

T

Teddybrae

I have a son-in-law who is a member of Local Government. You might call it 'the County" or 'the Shire' or 'the Council'.

He's the Public's representative for a division of the Shire which is corrupt. He fails to see this because it would be the end of his stipend, his money for nothing. (A LOT of money too!)

Not only does he not want to lose his Salary but also his chance to buy up houses sold cheap at Shire Auctions when people can't pay their annual rates. (He's a nice guy. Honest. Although we don't talk at all.)

He thinks he's great and that people love him. The other day he was telling all who would listen that Covid is just the flu and that Moslem immigration is evil. He certainly is an original thinker.

(He's a nice guy. Honest. Although we don't talk at all.)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
He's the Public's representative for a division of the Shire which is corrupt. He fails to see this because it would be the end of his stipend, his money for nothing. (A LOT of money too!)
(He's a nice guy. Honest. Although we don't talk at all.)

you've got me slightly confused. (not difficalt, lol) is HE corrupt? then he is not a nice guy. are you saying "honest, he's a nice guy" or that he is "honest"?:chin: i think, from knowing you on here, WHY you don't talk at all. THAT part did not confuse me. at least he is supporting your daughter best he can...

T

Teddybrae

Well, look Man. No he's not corrupt except in his values. For example he says: it's not what you know it's who you know. Which means he chases after the Influential. He is a Sycophant. In our language that mean: Suckhole. The corrupt Council Executive LOVE him because he is so gullible. He can't see further than his nose. He thinks he's 'made it'!

I 'm sorry to confuse you but I was being sarcastic. He is NOT a nice guy and I avoid him like the plague/covid.

And as far as supporting our Daughter is concerned she recently found out he was having an affair and has given him an ultimatum. So she has made him resign from the far right Political Party he ran on behalf of (separate from Council) and has announced his resignation from Council at the end of his term which is in three years.

While he was swanning around having morning tea with various senior committees SHE was carrying hay to feed the cattle and running the farm (fixing fences too) all by herself!

So to put the thread back on track ... we have right wing Morons here just like you do there ...

you've got me slightly confused. (not difficalt, lol) is HE corrupt? then he is not a nice guy. are you saying "honest, he's a nice guy" or that he is "honest"?:chin: i think, from knowing you on here, WHY you don't talk at all. THAT part did not confuse me. at least he is supporting your daughter best he can...