What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

stretchpup

I personally dig katsu's selection more overall. It has more of a complexity to it I like... and the high is more narcotic for me too. Tho I'm being nit picky here... bubba is no slouch.

20308KBubba_FLR048b-med.jpg

20308katsububba-med.jpg

kathmandu

they are absolutely beautiful, all of them
great pictures by everybody, bubba is maybe the most photogenic mj out there.
those glossy green purple leaves in the IGT pick look fierce

Dusty Bowls

again not ONE person with a thread labeled PRE 98 bubba who has receieved it from swerve has pictured this cut...why..well because its simply not the same DNA...close but no cigar, there are plenty of Bubba S1s which are very close to the mom in traits some even better in certain aspects but the true Bubba clone is an amazing selection in herself just not pictured by anyone who has picked it up from swerve. It's okay though Bubbas bubba and they're all to some degree the same luckily bubbas genes turned out to be solid eh?

ograskal

Veteran
Dusty.....That pic looks like a leafy S1 of the real Pre 98 Bubba that Swerve has....LOL...~ogr

ElGato

Veteran
ograskal said:
Dusty.....That pic looks like a leafy S1 of the real Pre 98 Bubba that Swerve has....LOL...~ogr

:laughing:
it does look almost as good as swerves dosent it? ...tad bit leafy tho lol

Gato

ograskal

Veteran
Somewhat Leafy...But Who really knows if the Real Bubba Kush is a Real Pure Afghan Kush or a Kush Hybrid????...~ogr

G

Dusty!! That pic is the only Bubba Kush i know, that Katsu, stretchy no leaf shit is not the real Deal!!

ElGato

Veteran
Time2Unite said:
real afghan/kush genes are leafy

i know brotha.......i'z jus bustin Dusty's balls

and like ogr said.....who really knows what the "real" bubbba is or isnt.......from where i stand it's all hearsay
one thing tho......swerves and katsu's cut are the same bubba's iv'e been seeing since back in the day at og

gato

Last edited:
G

Never experienced a swerve or katsu cut....Just the Bubba Kush, and I don't know if its real or not , but looks exactly like the pics Dusty posted, very leafy, short, hard thick stems and 8 weeks will do it great justice, this 70 day , thin, tall, no leaf bubba kush looks like an og kush cross or sativasized a bit.

ograskal

Veteran
I've grown them both.....The leafy Short Squat Bubba, and the Katsu cut.. So i know what they are Both about.....I prefer the Katsu cut myself but really though...To each their own...Some people may like the Shorter squat Bubba and good for them.....All Bubbas are Bomb...~ogr

G

Yep, Bubba seems to have become a favorite of many, I agree ograskal, everyone has different tastes and preferances, what are the differences among flavor for the two?

Dusty Bowls

FWIW the bubba i posted, its not heresay that its the real one. its been around since before 98 and was picked up then in so cal ...later no reason to try to bust someons balls who is sharing the truth im sorry i put up pics of the real bubba cut enjoy your cuts later

G

yeah i wouldnt know . i have only been smoking bubba and og and pk since 96. but i would have no clue... this shit all came from the sfv. thats where im at.. you up in the bolt have your shit... we have ours here in the sfv... and im done saying this shit. but you tell me dusty you have been smoking these kushes since then .but you cant.. you ahve other peoples words to use as your own. cool but bro i knew the guys who were running this shit.... i watched a guy cull 250 og ****ing plants in 98 . even after i offered 2500 for one of the ****ing things.. said he would rather cull em then let her out. and let me tell you this shit has made peeeps passs the **** out off a bowl... but i would ahve no clue what the real bubba is or what the real og is... your the only one....

i ran em both side by side and just like ograskal said and a few others stretch and more... the 98 is squat as shit ahs to be trained and topped to yeild. smells like deep chocalte covered coffee beans dipped in hash oil. thats what makes her so special is that true ghani smell n taste. anyways.. like a few said as well. everyone likes something different ... we work with what we got and gear our selves for that.. bubba is dank in genereal so if you got it grow it and enjoy.. thats what all this dank is here for .. growing and smoking... cheers.

ElGato

Veteran
Dusty Bowls said:
FWIW the bubba i posted, its not heresay that its the real one. its been around since before 98 and was picked up then in so cal ...later no reason to try to bust someons balls who is sharing the truth im sorry i put up pics of the real bubba cut enjoy your cuts later

damn dude i was just joking ......they are great shots and fine looking nugs from Nspecta...i can certainly apprieciate that

but as long as it's not hearsay that it's the real one......then prove it
if you cant prove it .....then what is it?.....it's hearsay, thats what it is
i mean.....who really knows for sure , not me

c'mon man...take a toke offa that pipe and chill a little
it's all good clean fun ;)

Gato

Last edited:

Dusty Bowls

Swerve your claim to fame is youre in the sfv big whoop dee ****in doo man get over it!!! its a shitty place! I dont care how long youve been smoking bubba or og because what youre GROWING as bubba and og isnt what youre describing the smoke to be...you're still buying those nugs arent you!! FWIW the bubba cut I have pictured in this thread and given credit to IGT for growing spectacularly is NOT what youre passing out..just like the Pure x Lep wasnt the pure you claimed it to be..just like your SFV OG you pass out isnt the one that "makes people pass out off a bowl" and like how not anyone I know who has ran any of your gear has kept any of it so really you need to jump back your shit isnt the same as what i've pictured and I believe that to be the real cut because the source picked it up from some so cal heads who've had it since before 98 and were close enough friends to understand that this person had a true heart and was deserving of it instead of acting like a douche and throwing money at a fella....which is pointless to someone who would have 250 extra OG clones dont you think??

Please just stop Swerve. Yes we have our native gear up here and theres cuts from so cal, and its undeniable and i'll admit bubba is Amazing herb..but the cut just came from so cal...who knows its real roots..i dont and never have claimed to..but thats its origin as far back as i've heard and the cut i've pictured is what I consider to be Bubba Kush anything else just isnt. if you have a problem with that, then grow what you thinks bubba and shut the **** up and sit down.

Last edited:
G

grapepunched

woah dusty chill man we're all here for herb. this cut is or isnt the same as that cut.... that doesnt give anyone the right to talk to anyone else the way you did. i'm sorry but bubba is great herb and nothing else. its not god, it's not a cure for cancer, and its not a reason to call a friend any cuss words. be civil. keep it green.

-peace ~kind vibes~

-gp

Latest posts

Latest posts